Catholic @ Fulton

QSouth89

Hey Q I just saw on Channel 10 were Meske or Webb is dropping Catholic do you have any insight or is this the Rankin effect Catholic is up so lets drop them?

Meske supposedly texted Matthews and said he wasn't playing the next two years. As a result Catholic shouldn't play Webb in ANY sport. That's a shame, all those years he dominated the series and now he won't play because he lost. Catholic will need to find 4 games the next two years. The thing is we lose a lot of seniors and replacing Jancek won't be easy. Edited by QSouth89

Meske supposedly texted Matthews and said he wasn't playing the next two years. As a result Catholic won't play Webb in ANY sport anymore. That's a shame. Catholic will need to find 4 games the next two years. The thing is we lose a lot of seniors and replacing Jancek won't be easy.

I think it's crazy that you end a rivalry like Webb and Catholic!

I think it's crazy that you end a rivalry like Webb and Catholic!

I know. It's like Bearden and Farragut or A-E and Fulton not playing. We will still play Notre Dame which is kind of a rival. Adding AC and Fulton the next two years will draw gates but nothing like the Webb game. I talked with some alumni and boosters and they don't want Catholic to play Webb in anything anymore. Edited by QSouth89

When my team looses I'm quick to congratulate and won't make excuses, you guys handed it to us. The thing that bothered me is the appearance of resentment because some people at Catholic have money. My kids go to Catholic and I'm far from rich. There mom and I work our butts of to pay tuition. A lot of kids are like that. No one is trying to buy wins. As I walking through the home side some woman was yelling in my face "I may not be from West Knoxville but I ain't from the ghetto take your uppity --- back to west Knoxville". It made me laugh because I'm from the south side of Chicago. Grew up in Morgan Park near Racine Courts (nothing uppity about that area). Socio-economic prejudice? Stereotypes are just wrong both ways. When I hear my students talk about kids from all areas of Knoxville it bothers me. Football has nothing to do with buying wins its about talent no matter the economic status. Sorry for the long "rant" and like I said earlier, you guys are taking football to another level. One of the best teams I've ever seen.

I think some of the reference to buying wins is Catholics supposed recruitment of players. May be se reason Webb dropped them. If I am not mistakened one of your best players was a ball boy for Fulton for years. Also when Matthews got the job did he not make a comment that the best players in town will be coming to Catholic. Pre game comments by him on TV indicates he believes that. "We have the best team." Doesn't appear that way based on the final score.

I think some of the reference to buying wins is Catholics supposed recruitment of players. May be se reason Webb dropped them. If I am not mistakened one of your best players was a ball boy for Fulton for years. Also when Matthews got the job did he not make a comment that the best players in town will be coming to Catholic. Pre game comments by him on TV indicates he believes that. "We have the best team." Doesn't appear that way based on the final score.

Fulton, without a doubt is the best team in Knoxville. Edited by QSouth89

Hey Q I just saw on Channel 10 were Meske or Webb is dropping Catholic do you have any insight or is this the Rankin effect Catholic is up so lets drop them?

I don't know it is the Rankin effect. I think it is more about 2 players transferring from Webb to Catholic. Webb will really be down next year. They have low numbers right now and are losing 8 seniors with a huge junior class of 2.

Catholic can't match Fulton's speed or Alcoa's physicality

QSouth   .. I first want to apologize for any fans from Fulton that may have showed themselves ... I have appreciated your posts and calmness and honesty .. I think you previous post about Fulton and Alcoa is correct ... I really though the DL for Catholic  would be a bit more dominant than they were .. they were times where we couldnt block them .. but when we did and had just a crease to run in our back hit it hard ..you are correct #44 for Fulton  runs North and South hard .. I think when we had success running the ball in 1st half it put some doubt in KC players cause I think they were confident n stopping us ... Heard that KC was sure they were stopping Fulton offense according to the announcers on TV talking to KC coaches ... Matthews did come off a little cocky pre game about KC had the better team but hey thats just confidence ... one note glad to see #12 graduate .. he is a beast .. KC returns some very good players next year #50, #57 ,# 68 , #3 ,# 5 and others and will be in the hunt ... #3 looked a little scared ..ran east and west never North and South .. ran alot out of bounds .. was expecting more from him but anyway ...  as far as the feelings of some about KC playing in Public playoffs .. seems to me privates should play privates regardless of 1.8 multiplier .. JMO ..but when a kid from anywhere KNox, Roane, Blount whereever can attend .. it seems a little unfair ... I know a couple of situations where kids from Fulton were approached by KC .. when issues were brought up about the costs were told well there are some things that can be done to help and that sounds like either the Church helping or financial aid ... and if you give any help then thats supposed to automatic private ... I dont know what the issue with Webb is but something not right there considering the long rivalry ... is Webb thinking Catholic getting better we dont want to play ( but they play Maryville ) or has Webb gotten upset about some other issue ... who knows ... but anyway just wanted to thanks you for your comments and honesty .. last night Im sure the QB would like some throws back .. but really Matthews statement about a catch here or a block here and its a different ballgame had me scratching my head wondering which game he was referring too...