Rossview vs Whitehaven

dannyq

Incorrect statement, here is the rule from the NCAA...additionally other high school states have outlawed the classless practice, Georgia is an example.

"Persons subject to the rules including bands, shall not create any noise that prohibits a team from hearing its signals...."

The penalty is 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct, based on Friday night, WH would have had about 35 of the penalties.

Enough said, best to the remaining teams, WH will need it when the leave Memphis

I would think it would be about time to let this go, I am sure ya'll didn't lose this game because of the band and if you say you did you will probably get laughed off the board.....

I would think it would be about time to let this go, I am sure ya'll didn't lose this game because of the band and if you say you did you will probably get laughed off the board.....

Dear Kevin38,

What I stated was factual, if you go back and read you will see that. Regardless of what anyone opines or laughs, facts remain.

A band playing loudly when opposite team is calling snaps is classless. It is illegal at the college level and other state's high school level. As another said, I wouldn't want my child taught that way, but as even another said, it's their way and a few others as well.

Facts remain facts regardless what another opines.

Go to a college game and tell me what you observe from the band. They're going to play, and that's part of the game.  When I think of a great football atmosphere, I picture pads popping and bands blaring.  I'd rather my kid learn to deal with adversity than get off easy in the name of "fairness".  Plus those kids in the band put in a ton of time as well - they come to play, just like the football players do.  I'm a Henry County fan.  Our band is great, but they don't play much when the other team has the ball.  It's their choice.  I've watched teams like Melrose and Fairley come in and bring their band who has played regardless of possession.  Ask the players who played what they liked, even as an opponent.  The team who's band never played, or the team who's band was loud the entire game?  It just adds to the story when they look back on it.  

If a band provides an advantage, so what? It shouldn't effect good football teams.  If they can't get their signals and cadences down by playoff time, then that's on them. I don't think this is a big deal, but since you wanted to get technical on me, I figured it was worth addressing.  

Go to a college game and tell me what you observe from the band. They're going to play, and that's part of the game. When I think of a great football atmosphere, I picture pads popping and bands blaring. I'd rather my kid learn to deal with adversity than get off easy in the name of "fairness". Plus those kids in the band put in a ton of time as well - they come to play, just like the football players do. I'm a Henry County fan. Our band is great, but they don't play much when the other team has the ball. It's their choice. I've watched teams like Melrose and Fairley come in and bring their band who has played regardless of possession. Ask the players who played what they liked, even as an opponent. The team who's band never played, or the team who's band was loud the entire game? It just adds to the story when they look back on it.

If a band provides an advantage, so what? It shouldn't effect good football teams. If they can't get their signals and cadences down by playoff time, then that's on them. I don't think this is a big deal, but since you wanted to get technical on me, I figured it was worth addressing.

Fairley's band played most of the game when they came up here in the playoffs back in '06-'07. Most of the HC crowd wanted a freaking encore lol

Dear Kevin38,

What I stated was factual, if you go back and read you will see that. Regardless of what anyone opines or laughs, facts remain.

A band playing loudly when opposite team is calling snaps is classless. It is illegal at the college level and other state's high school level. As another said, I wouldn't want my child taught that way, but as even another said, it's their way and a few others as well.

Facts remain facts regardless what another opines.

My statement didnt really contradict any facts, and the purpose of it didnt have anything to do w/ facts, but fact remains, if you think your team lost b/c of the band playing, that is rather laughable, and I believe it is about time to let it go b/c it sounds like you are making excuses. I dont really care either way, so carry on sir.....lol

My statement didnt really contradict any facts, and the purpose of it didnt have anything to do w/ facts, but fact remains, if you think your team lost b/c of the band playing, that is rather laughable, and I believe it is about time to let it go b/c it sounds like you are making excuses. I dont really care either way, so carry on sir.....lol

Good night Irene

I wouldn't call it ridiculous, I would call it lack of class. I noted our coach waiving our band down when they started emulating the WH band, pretty proud of him. Spea

Having said that, the WH team doesn't need that kind of support...they are good

Lack of class?? What the difference between a hundred people playing a instrument and a hundred fans with the cowbell?

Lack of class?? What the difference between a hundred people playing a instrument and a hundred fans with the cowbell?

Can't recall seeing 100 fans with cowbells, but I guess it would be similar if the cowbells had a faculty sponsor , were in uniform and had school issued cowbells, marched into the game in formation without paying admission.

Better still, why not have PA blast ghetto music during oppositions play calls?

Can't recall seeing 100 fans with cowbells, but I guess it would be similar if the cowbells had a faculty sponsor , were in uniform and had school issued cowbells, marched into the game in formation without paying admission.

Better still, why not have PA blast ghetto music during oppositions play calls?

I was just comparing but whats wrong with ghetto music? Why would you call Rap ghetto music?