DISTRICT 3AAA 2014-15 PREDICTIONS.

CarolinaCrazy

Did you go to the game Neil? Who were the top scorers? Who looked good? How is Middleton coming along? Haven't heard much from him lately, but I have only been able to make it to a couple of games this year because of my schedule. Thank you.

Unfortunately no.  I haven't seen a line score either.  I was impressed that we didn't seem to suffer the after-effects of the trip to Georgia.

As for Middleton, I don't know. I have noticed it really depends on the match-ups.  Most teams around here are going to 4 or 5 guard lineups against Oak Ridge to counter the speed and shoot the trey.  That doesn't leave a lot of room for a big guy on the blocks.  I like his rebounding ability and passing.  He has great hands around the basket.

I still have some concerns about our scoring consistency as a team.  However, it seems that E.J. Bush is starting to fill the role that Henderson left last year.  Looking forward to Karns at our place on Tuesday.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second half of the district season coming up. Predictions for this week?

Monday Jan. 5

Halls at Anderson County

Tuesday Jan. 6

Central at Powell

Gibbs at Clinton

Karns at Oak Ridge

Halls at Campbell Co.

Friday Jan. 9

Halls at Central

Powell at Gibbs

Anderson Co. At Campbell Co.

Karns at Clinton

Monday Jan. 5

Halls at Anderson County

Tuesday Jan. 6

Central at Powell

Gibbs at Clinton

Karns at Oak Ridge

Halls at Campbell Co.

Friday Jan. 9

Halls at Central

Powell at Gibbs

Karns at Clinton

I'll take Powell, Gibbs, OR, and Halls in the Tue games and will take Halls, Powell, AC, and Karns in the Friday games.

Halls is 0-6 in district play. That's not inconsistent. Oak Ridge may have had the inconsistent game. Didn't see that game, but just saying. AC is playing really well lately. They had a good win last week vs Hardin Valley. They controlled that game start to finish. Won it by 13.

Well, Halls beat Fulton ya know...I just think we ran into Halls the night where Braxton Moore couldn't miss. He had a third of their points that game just about. Limit him to a good game and it probably isn't real close. Give credit where due though he earned those points although I wasn't there to witness it. I say Halls is inconsistent because they beat a very good Fulton team (albeit earlier in the year) and gave us all we wanted at home then just stink up the place in some games. In other words they are very competitive in some games with real good teams, but then some nights they aren't at all like today.

Edited by SweetScience

Monday Jan. 5

Halls at Anderson County

Tuesday Jan. 6

Central at Powell

Gibbs at Clinton

Karns at Oak Ridge

Halls at Campbell Co.

Friday Jan. 9

Halls at Central

Powell at Gibbs

Karns at Clinton

Tuesday. I'll take Powell, Gibbs, OR, and CC.

Friday. I'll take central, Gibbs, CC, karns.

If it plays out this way

OR 8-0

Powell 6-3

Gibbs 6-3

CC 5-4

AC 5-4

Karns 4-6

Clinton 3-5

Central 2-7

Halls 0-8.

How crazy would that be?

Dominant win over Halls tonight for AC. 46-12 at half. Limited minutes for starters in the second half. The final score doesn't quite tell the story. They ended up winning by 16.

Well I think it was actually 36-12 at half not 46-12. But AC is much improved with the Hayes kid back in the lineup. The thing that concerns me and baffles me at the same time is this. You all know I'm a big believer in Oak Ridge, but how in the world did halls play them to a two point game? Don't give me the standard answer of Moore was on fire crap. AC completely shut him down last night and they don't have one player that would be in OR first eight or nine players. How could gee or tee or somebody not shut him down? I honestly think Halls has the worst talent in the district and I'm saying that knowing they could get hot and beat CC tonight. So, that scares me a little on OR making it back to state. I think they could but now also think someone could on the right night, send them home.

Well I think it was actually 36-12 at half not 46-12. But AC is much improved with the Hayes kid back in the lineup. The thing that concerns me and baffles me at the same time is this. You all know I'm a big believer in Oak Ridge, but how in the world did halls play them to a two point game? Don't give me the standard answer of Moore was on fire crap. AC completely shut him down last night and they don't have one player that would be in OR first eight or nine players. How could gee or tee or somebody not shut him down? I honestly think Halls has the worst talent in the district and I'm saying that knowing they could get hot and beat CC tonight. So, that scares me a little on OR making it back to state. I think they could but now also think someone could on the right night, send them home.

CC as talented as we are we are a very young team you seem to forget that. It's a bunch of 10th graders for the most part.

A team as young as we are are going to have their down periods and make plenty of mistakes. Honestly I didn't think wed make state this year. Now the next few years we will be scary good imo. Basketball is a weird sport. We beat Powell by almost 40 last year then they beat us in the district tourney. Hoops is a funny sport.

Edited by SweetScience