Blackman, Oakland football to be part of 2015 football classic at Floyd

I guess I was wrong.  I thought the Maryville takeover of this thread would have happened sooner.  I love the Maryville program and have the utmost respect for GQ and what he has done there.  However, some of you guys are the most insecure fans I have ever seen of any team at any level!!!!  I love how they have crucified that ref that made such a horrible call that caused them to lose, so I guess you guys are giving Smyrna the game because there was an equally horrible call at the end of that game.  But I guess that was a good call, right?  Then they have to jump all over and deny schedule strength when taking into account those games.  Riverdale lost their QB and unquestionable leader and best player on the team the week before.  siegel almost beat them with a QB that was playing on 1 ACL, but none of that matters.  If healthy, they definitely lose to Siegel and Riverdale is a dog fight.  But I do understand that injuries are a part of the game, sadly.  They also don't have an answer to not playing somebody tougher out of district......oh but the tried to get Ensworth to come to their place, but those spoiled little brats expected a return trip to Ensworth - so that didn't happen.  They have also turned down a 2 year deal with Blackman. 

And to the poster several posts ago that said 12AAA was a better region.......I just don't have an answer. WOW.  Nobody is denying that Maryville is the top of the ladder in TN public schools.....nobody.  That's why it kills me when they have to hijack threads that have nothing to do with them.  So what if somebody said Maryville doesn't play a strong schedule.  Don't get your panties in a bunch and go polish the trophies, and enjoy winning by 4 tds tonight.

I'm not going to cast judgement on the middle and western tn guys because I used to be just like ya'll.. Back in the days when Maryville was 4A I used to make excuses for maryville beating WB every year by saying the same junk ya'll are saying. Back in those days WB would play good East TN 5A teams like Ooltewah and Sevier County before going against maryville and I genuinely though the fact that WB played better teams and got banged up alot was the biggest reason maryville beat us every year. I was ignorant,there's no other way to say it... And ya'll are too... Maryville proved everyone wrong by moving up to 6A and being just as dominant as they were in 4A... You can't ignore the facts... Oh.. And one more thing... Maryville's current schedule ain't no slouch either... Some of the teams in our region have been down the past two years but as recently as 2012 region 4AAA was easily the toughest in the state. And you know what? Maryville still went undefeated in the region and hasn't lost a region game since 2000. However I can kinda see ya'lls point about the region being questionable this year but is that maryville's fault? The fact is maryville wins and they have been winning for a long time regardless of who they are playing.

WHY DON'T YOU JUST LEAVE WB BEHIND AND JOIN THE MURIVIL JOCK RIDERZ CLUB...

AT LEAST THEY STAYED PUT TO COMPETE WITH MY OWLS INSTEAD OF RUNNING BACK TO THAT NON-COMPETITIVE DISTRICT THAT YOU'VE BEEN IN FOR YEARS.....PUT ENSWORTH AND HOOVER ON YOUR SCHEDULE AND THEN COME TELL ME WHO THE GUPPIE IS :thumb:

Passive I have a question for you. So that you know where I am coming from on this I am a 7AAA guy and my team is Smyrna. If Maryville puts Hoover, Katy, Don Bosco Prep on their schedule what does that prove? Lets say they actually do that and lose will everyone give them credit for playing national power? My point is no one else in the state with the exception of a few privates and Blackman are putting teams like that on their schedule. Maryville keeps on winning state championships. Because they keep winning we must raise the bar for them and only them. How about we compare them using the same scale that we use on other programs. I have read this thread for a couple of days now and seen where we Maryville's schedule has been called cupcake. Granted it may not be as strong of a schedule as other play. However, they play fifteen games a year. Meaning they beat whoever is in front of them (yes except Whitehaven a couple of years ago) to include all teams from my beloved 7AAA . Its a tall order year in and year out. I see the point that 7AAA is somewhat banged up when they get late into the playoffs. But I have to believe so is every team to a certain degree. We are talking about a lot of football by then. Summer two a days, practice 4 days a week and a game on Friday for 11 regular season week, then however many other games in the playoffs. Trust me it pains me to think this way because I am for any team playing against Maryville. Sorry MHS fans when your on top everybody wants you to fall.

Edited by milo118

WHY DON'T YOU JUST LEAVE WB BEHIND AND JOIN THE MURIVIL JOCK RIDERZ CLUB...

You got it all wrong.... As a WB fan I do not like maryville. They are one of our biggest rivals and I want nothing more than to beat them. We haven't since '99 and it's way past due! The only difference between me and you is I live in reality. You and all these guys from middle and west Tn don't have a clue about maryville because ya'll don't play them. Ya'll don't have to face them to try and win the region or to try and get past them in the 1st,2nd, or 3rd round of the playoffs. So ya'll can talk all that smack because ya'll don't have to deal with them every year. The middle and western Tn teams don't have to face them until the semis or state championship and by that time those teams have dominated everybody in their areas. So their big dog ought to be able to deal with the big dog outta the east. The fact that the best teams from Middle and West Tn can hang with maryville and sometimes beat them doesn't prove that the overall quality of football is better in those areas. The best teams in west and middle tn oughta be able to hang with maryville, it proves nothing. So ya'll can keep talking all the bull about maryville's schedule being weak and our region being full of cupcakes. Because the last time I checked ooltewah, blackman, and Whitehaven haven't played maryville's schedule so ya'll cant say shiz. Oh... And two district 4AAA teams (maryville and west) are the favorites to win it all in 5A and 6A. And Maryville also plays Alcoa, who will win it all in 3A. Yet ya'll wanna talk about cupcakes. Lmao Edited by Governors91

The logic is sorely lacking in some of ya'lls arguments. Playing better competition does not equal more injuries. As most of ya'll know WB has been down for years. But last year when we played West our guys hit Nathan Cottrell and knocked him out of the game. That ankle injury affected and bothered him the rest of the year but west still made it all the way to state. If we were going by some of ya'lls logic an elite team's star play shouldn't have gotten hurt playing against a team that finished 2-8. I mean injuries only happen when you are playing teams with winning records right?!? Maryville wins because they are better than ya'll and have more depth... Period... Quit making excuses and beat them on the field or shut up. Every team battles injuries, but the best teams still get it done.

You got it all wrong.... As a WB fan I do not like maryville. They are one of our biggest rivals and I want nothing more than to beat them. We haven't since '99 and it's way past due! The only difference between me and you is I live in reality. You and all these guys from middle and west Tn don't have a clue about maryville because ya'll don't play them. Ya'll don't have to face them to try and win the region or to try and get past them in the 1st,2nd, or 3rd round of the playoffs. So ya'll can talk all that smack because ya'll don't have to deal with them every year. The middle and western Tn teams don't have to face them until the semis or state championship and by that time those teams have dominated everybody in their areas. So their big dog ought to be able to deal with the big dog outta the east. The fact that the best teams from Middle and West Tn can hang with maryville and sometimes beat them doesn't prove that the overall quality of football is better in those areas. The best teams in west and middle tn oughta be able to hang with maryville, it proves nothing. So ya'll can keep talking all the bull about maryville's schedule being weak and our region being full of cupcakes. Because the last time I checked ooltewah, blackman, and Whitehaven haven't played maryville's schedule so ya'll cant say shiz. Oh... And two district 4AAA teams (maryville and west) are the favorites to win it all in 5A and 6A. And Maryville also plays Alcoa, who will win it all in 3A. Yet ya'll wanna talk about cupcakes. Lmao

Put this in perspective:  This year if you were Riverdale, in the playoffs, in order to get to the championship game you have to play Smyrna, Blackman, Oakland, and Maryville.

No other paths in the state looked like that.

Put this in perspective: This year if you were Riverdale, in the playoffs, in order to get to the championship game you have to play Smyrna, Blackman, Oakland, and Maryville.

No other paths in the state looked like that.

That doesn't mean anything to me. From where i'm sitting 7AAA is not all it's cracked up to be. Ya'll have some good teams to be sure, but it seems like the teams in ya'lls regions are up and down. Every year ya'll will have 2 or 3 really good teams but none of the teams from 7AAA have been able to get past maryville. Until ya'll can do that ya'll are no better than the 6A teams in East Tn that can't beat them either. Edited by Governors91

Passive I have a question for you. So that you know where I am coming from on this I am a 7AAA guy and my team is Smyrna. If Maryville puts Hoover, Katy, Don Bosco Prep on their schedule what does that prove? Lets say they actually do that and lose will everyone give them credit for playing national power? My point is no one else in the state with the exception of a few privates and Blackman are putting teams like that on their schedule. Maryville keeps on winning state championships. Because they keep winning we must raise the bar for them and only them. How about we compare them using the same scale that we use on other programs. I have read this thread for a couple of days now and seen where we Maryville's schedule has been called cupcake. Granted it may not be as strong of a schedule as other play. However, they play fifteen games a year. Meaning they beat whoever is in front of them (yes except Whitehaven a couple of years ago) to include all teams from my beloved 7AAA . Its a tall order year in and year out. I see the point that 7AAA is somewhat banged up when they get late into the playoffs. But I have to believe so is every team to a certain degree. We are talking about a lot of football by then. Summer two a days, practice 4 days a week and a game on Friday for 11 regular season week, then however many other games in the playoffs. Trust me it pains me to think this way because I am for any team playing against Maryville. Sorry MHS fans when your on top everybody wants you to fall.

YOU SAY YOU ARE FROM SMYRNA.....OK.. :popcorneater: