3a region 4 2015

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been sayin it for 4 weeks now if sequatchie beats smith co theyd win the district..lookin like they will and possibly go undefeated this year..are they good enough to beat Upperman? I have to say yes at this point..either upperman is way over rated or every team they have played this year are the best teams in their district..i dont see dekalb givin sequatchie any trouble, so that leaves upperman and Bledsoe for the opportunity to knock em off their seat..think itll happen? Grundy played their hearts out last night lost a really good game..came all they way back just to have Watertown take the lead late..Grundy might be young but they are getting better..id say it might be possible they could upset a team in our district that is either one not payin attention or two just aint havin the season they was supposed to be a havin..go jackets

I dont see how York gave Dekalb so much trouble, York only ran about 6 plays all night. Sequ played there worst game of the year on defense with missed tackles because of the field, and only gave up 7 points with the varsity. If not for penalties Sequ would have had the mercy rule at half. With whether they could go undefeated or not depends on if Upperman and Dekalb can fix what ever is going on. 3 weeks until Dekalb comes to Dunlap and Week 10 for Upperman. Bye week before Bledsoe helps, but Bledsoe will play there game of the year against Sequ. throw out the records and stats, its just a 4 quarter brawl. Last year was the first in 10 years the game wasnt decided on the last possesion. 

Grundy 28 Watertown 35 final..also see upperman lost big

Stone has an excellent chance at running their schedule. I don't see them losing anymore than 1 game. They could potentially slip up in their next two games, or their very last one. Their next two are at LA, then at SC. Their last game is vs. East Hamilton. I think they go 10-0 personally. Their region appears to be pretty weak this year.

I dont see how York gave Dekalb so much trouble, York only ran about 6 plays all night. Sequ played there worst game of the year on defense with missed tackles because of the field, and only gave up 7 points with the varsity. If not for penalties Sequ would have had the mercy rule at half. With whether they could go undefeated or not depends on if Upperman and Dekalb can fix what ever is going on. 3 weeks until Dekalb comes to Dunlap and Week 10 for Upperman. Bye week before Bledsoe helps, but Bledsoe will play there game of the year against Sequ. throw out the records and stats, its just a 4 quarter brawl. Last year was the first in 10 years the game wasnt decided on the last possesion. 

DC just isn't a very good team at this point. We haven't been able to put it all together for a complete game yet. The last two games we have jumped out to early multiple TD leads, but we haven't been able to put teams away. We're very thin on D depth, and we wear out in the second half.

Coach Trapp is still a little to pass happy IMO, even though we have been able to run the ball with good results. Jennings is a bit banged up, and it's hurting us too. Designed QB runs and scrambles is probably our strong suit, and we haven't been able to do it much due to Jennings health.

For DC to beat the U or either of the SCs it will have to be one of those games where everything comes together for us. Unless something changes we will lose all 3 of those games IMO. Right now I have us finishing 4th in the region with 5-6 total wins. GC and CC should be wins, and Macon could beat us with the way were playing right now.

I hear ya omniscience..sequatchie and Bledsoe rivalry is big as Marion and south Pittsburg..heck every valley team is a rivalry game..

I'm glad to see a fan of a team not associated with either school recognize this!   I have thought for years that the Bledsoe/Sequatchie game hasn't got the publicity it deserves the way Marion/SP does in the Chattanooga media.

Its always standing room only and I have seen games where it would be 3 or more deep at the fence around the field. 

I would put it on the same list with MC/SP, Baylor/McCallie, Bradley/Cleveland, Soddy/Red Bank. 

This game as someone said its throw the record books out it will be a fight!

Edited by Sequatchie

The only teams in the valley who get coverage from the Chatt media is Marion and Pitt (Hargis being a Pirate). Ward Gossett was at the Whitwell game but the only other time he is there is if Signal was playing. What hurts the SC/BC rivalry is that the Baylor/McCallie is usually the same weekend. Sequatchie had the huge pink out last year with the parachutes before the game and nothing was ever written. Only thing mentioned was a small piece a ND fan send in.

The MC/SP game has gotten a lot of attention the past few years because of the vandalism controversy and the Ross/Grider deal. Also for the past few years it's been for a district or region title. SC/BC is a huge rivalry no doubt but until both teams have good records and are playing for something more than bragging rights the media will shy away from it. Not a knock on either school but that's just my opinion.