3a region 4 2015

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't lie I thought Smith Co would win this one but like I said in my rankings of the region, Dekalb could beat anyone in the region with a well balanced offense. Jennings is still the best player on the field in region play.

When DeKalb played York, York's Mason Cravens had much better stats:

Cravens: 174 yards rushing  and 386 passing

Jennings: 106 yards rushing and 286 passing

Head to head, Cravens was a much better player that night in York's 1 point loss.

Cravens: 174 yards rushing and 386 passing

Head to head, Cravens was a much better player that night in York's 1 point loss.

Like I said before, Jennings had a banged up knee from the Stone game the week before. He was not 100%

And Jennings had a more experienced team than Cravens but Craven far outplayed him

Really!?! We have 6 seniors I believe, last night . . against Smith we did not have a senior player on offense due the Mooneyham injury. Dekalb is a young team lead by a Junior QB who is by far without a doubt a better Athlete then Craven. Smh......

Cravens: 174 yards rushing  and 386 passing

And Jennings had a more experienced team than Cravens but Craven far outplayed him

One game doesn't make a career. Anybody that has seen both of them play will say Jennings is the superior player unless they are a York homer. You can have all the stats in the world, but they don't mean much unless you win the game. The last I checked DC won that game even with lesser QB stats. Jennings will also guide DC to more wins this year than Cravens does York. Jennings is the heart and soul of the Tigers. He wills the team to victories week after week without much help around him. Without Jennings we very likely could be winless right now.

Cravens may end up with better overall stats at the end of the season, but that still don't mean much. From what I could tell Jennings isn't asked to do as much as Cravens either simply because we don't run our offense as fast as York does. Cravens will have more opportunities to pad his stats due to more offensive possessions. Jennings is the best QB in the region, and possibly the best player in the region too.

At the end of the season Jennings will win first string QB of our region award, and potentially region MVP if we can win enough games.

Really!?! We have 6 seniors I believe, last night . . against Smith we did not have a senior player on offense due the Mooneyham injury. Dekalb is a young team lead by a Junior QB who is by far without a doubt a better Athlete then Craven. Smh......

I don't know why the majority of people on here think we are a greatly experienced team.

Connor York had 1 reception for 10 yards in ETSUs blowout loss today.

I was looking at TN Techs roster today to see how many local players is apart of their team. Does anyone know if Jalen Manning is getting any playing time?

Kenyan Harper from Trousdale County is a freshman RB on the team. Ty Jobe from Watertown is a Rs freshman QB somehow. He is a great athlete, but far from being a QB on the college level. He just doesn't have the arm.

Blake Lynn from Sparta is a RS freshman safety. Brock McCoin from Livingston is a RS Sophomore WR and a starter who is having a good season. Hunter McDonald from Livingston is a freshman DT. Logan Wannamaker from Warren County is a RS freshman OL. Tyler Coen from Gordonsville is a RS sophomore OL. 

Ex DeKalb County QB Phillips doesn't appear to be apart of the team anymore. He isn't listed on their official roster.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

As Upperman’s defense allowed just 60 total yards to Grundy County, the performance was much more indicative of what the Bees truly are capable of.

“Except for the Stone Memorial game, they’ve played great all season really,†Herron said. “Other than a few breakdowns last week, we’ve been pretty solid. We’re nowhere near panic mode and we’ve got a long way to go. We don’t want to hit our stride for a few more weeks anyway.