2015-2016 Football Schedules

4 wins in 22 years, now imagine they play 10 games a year at the 6a level and 5 more in a playoff run. Alcoa does not have the depth to play one way football that many games. Just a fact. Do they have years with super 1 or 2 athletes and can win 1 game verse a top 5 team, yes. But like Boise State, 1 game a year doesn't mean they could come to the SEC and still be a top program.

UCM, you're 100% on the money with a great analogy. Darrell Warren and Taharin Tyson-led teams, extraordinary teams who were able to beat Maryville, might can do it once a season. But one victory does not mean a whole season of dominance would occur. I would imagine that while the Maryville kids love beating their little brother, they're not too concerned over it. That was made evident by an interview with one of the Maryville players either this year or last, who stated it's no big deal for them to beat Alcoa. Just a different mindset. It's not just Maryville that's a different breed, but it's teams like Oakland and Blackman and Whitehaven and Siegel and these types of teams who bring it week in and week out. Heck, Charlie High's team that you said was "Top 5" lost to the worst team in that area, LaVergne. It's just a completely different animal, one that no 3A team could handle week in and week out.

UCM, you're 100% on the money with a great analogy. Darrell Warren and Taharin Tyson-led teams, extraordinary teams who were able to beat Maryville, might can do it once a season. But one victory does not mean a whole season of dominance would occur. I would imagine that while the Maryville kids love beating their little brother, they're not too concerned over it. That was made evident by an interview with one of the Maryville players either this year or last, who stated it's no big deal for them to beat Alcoa. Just a different mindset. It's not just Maryville that's a different breed, but it's teams like Oakland and Blackman and Whitehaven and Siegel and these types of teams who bring it week in and week out. Heck, Charlie High's team that you said was "Top 5" lost to the worst team in that area, LaVergne. It's just a completely different animal, one that no 3A team could handle week in and week out.

Overall, I don't disagree with your points. But to set the record straight, CAK did lose to Lavergne in 2011 but handled them relatively easily in 2012 (I think the score was 56-41, but the game wasn't as close as the score. CRB had a habit of resting his best athletes on defense and didn't care about style points). I was at both games, which were both played at LaVergne, and it took a terrible collapse by CAK in the second half for LV to come back and win in 2011.

I think the 2011 and 2012 CAK teams were top 10. Perhaps the 2012 team was top 5 in D1. As for Alcoa a few years (and those 2 years at CAK) I would have gladly taken a bet against ALMOST any team in D1. Those teams did not play like 3A teams. That's not to say that particularly CAK with less than 60 players including freshmen could handle 6A week in week out. But for one game....

anyone without Alcoa blinders on knows this.

247"Georgia offers Vandy commit Josh Smith"

Four-star Murfreesboro (Tenn.) Oakland linebacker Josh Smith has added an offer from the University of Georgia he tells 247Sports. The offer came from Georgia defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt and it follows recent added interest from the likes of Oklahoma, Ohio State, Kentucky". Add that to the 2 kids from Oakland committed to UT, 2 comitted to MTSU, 1 Comitted to WKU. 6 D-1 kids and counting on a 6a team who didn't win their own region or make it to the state finals.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

UCM's comparisons are apples and oranges at best. It's all about matchups. Alcoa manhandled 2 6A teams this year. Oakland, Blackman, and Maryville make MUCH tougher matchups for us, and the Maryville one showed.

Yes, SC did beat UH in game three on a dropped pass in the end zone while UH wa trying to get 18 new startes(all returning) to play together. Fare and square, SC got the win at home. 8 weeks later UH was heading to round two while SC was still thinking about that Cannon game. Big diffrence from where SC and UH were in week 3, to where these two teams ended up.

Spin, spin, spin. Who won the fricking game? Dang, just say SC beat us, BUT ------------- ! Yea, SC was down last year and there were reasons that helped to lead to that. We aren't on here talking about the reasons - we are just trying to improve for next year. No if's, and's or but's.  

Spin, spin, spin. Who won the fricking game? Dang, just say SC beat us, BUT ------------- ! Yea, SC was down last year and there were reasons that helped to lead to that. We aren't on here talking about the reasons - we are just trying to improve for next year. No if's, and's or but's.

I like this post. Things happen a wins a win a lose is a lose. It is what it is.

Spin, spin, spin. Who won the fricking game? Dang, just say SC beat us, BUT ------------- ! Yea, SC was down last year and there were reasons that helped to lead to that. We aren't on here talking about the reasons - we are just trying to improve for next year. No if's, and's or but's.

did you miss "Fare and square, SC got the win at home". Edited by UpperCumberlandMan