Quarterfinals: 2 Sullivan South (11-1) @ 1 Fulton (12-0)

SECPowerHouse

BVD was in the house. I talked to him before the game seems like a good dude just loves his devils like I do my Falcons got to respect that!

Splo, someone told me BVD ask you about me. I would like to have met him, it's great that people are as passionate as we are about the Mighty Falcons. See you in Loudon Gounty.

My apologies, greengreene22. Thought you were one of the many Greeneville fans, just piling on a NET team. Sincere apology.

Great job Falcons. Obviously, you guys are for real. Hope you win it all. Good run, Sullivan South Rebels.

No never been a south fan at all even when carter was there , just want to see the gold ball stay on this side of the state with your Falcons and the Devils w/ giles thrown in for good measure - bring it home guys !

Edited by greengreen22

I don't see how South beat Greeneville

yeah ive still got a sick stomach over that one - to many turnovers (3 fumbles inside the 10) and penalties 9 or 10 for bout 100 yards - then the phantom flag (that was never thrown)  when south fumbled and we recovered but they took it back gave it back to them - also loosing our other rb--- not to make excuses we done everything we could to lose the game. Good luck to you all hope you can dust the rest of your comp.

yeah ive still got a sick stomach over that one - to many turnovers (3 fumbles inside the 10) and penalties 9 or 10 for bout 100 yards - then the phantom flag (that was never thrown) when south fumbled and we recovered but they took it back gave it back to them - also loosing our other rb--- not to make excuses we done everything we could to lose the game. Good luck to you all hope you can dust the rest of your comp.

You didn't see the flag because it was laying on the mustard yellow grass part of the field that had already gone dormant.

yeah ive still got a sick stomach over that one - to many turnovers (3 fumbles inside the 10) and penalties 9 or 10 for bout 100 yards - then the phantom flag (that was never thrown)  when south fumbled and we recovered but they took it back gave it back to them - also loosing our other rb--- not to make excuses we done everything we could to lose the game. Good luck to you all hope you can dust the rest of your comp.

Nothing worse than a sore loser. We won, you lost, get over it!! And yes Fulton would have easily handled you greenies too, no doubt....

WAS BVD in the house ??????? Looked like from the highlights that BVD had put out that Greeneville should have won against SS .... dont have any idea on yardage and things but ... penalties and such hurt them

Come on Tad, you are sensible enough to know that home grown highlights tend to only show one side of the story. Penalties and turnovers were a part of both teams struggles that night. The biggest difference between the South - Greeneville and the South - Fulton games is that Fulton's defensive line and linebackers are far better than Greeneville. South had time to throw and was able to run with some success on Greeneville. That didn't happen with Fulton. Our line struggled some early in the year and had improved every week but we simply ran into a wall that we could not move aside and did not have the speed to run around. Wish that #28 had gotten a few more carries around the side but I'm not the coach. It's been a good run by our Seniors and I'm proud of what they have accomplished. Having your season ended 2 years in a row by the eventual state champions is nothing to be ashamed of. Good luck to the Falcons from here on out (not that you need it)!

Edited by RebRaider85
  • Upvote 1

Nice to meet you SPLO, also nice to meet the other two fellas i watched the game with that were Fulton fans. i'll just callem the newport boys. Clearly, Fulton was the better team in every phase. their D line was rediculous, their D backfield had pretty much a blanket over south and their offense was, well, multiple....LOL...they can run over you or run past you...DO NOT kick to them LOUDON. COngrats to south on a great year, no shame in losing to FUlton to end your season again, we feel your pain. and please yall, dont bother asking me who i thought would have won had fulton played greeneville, because i try to teach my kid to never lie and i would hate to be a hypocrite...HA....good luck next week BlackBirds...OH and that goofy thing they play over the PA before the game....the thing about falcons.....that COULD be reduced to under 30 seconds and still get the point across...good grief i thought that thing was NEVER gona end.

not a sore loser just stating the facts - if Greeneville would have played a flawless game they would have beat sully by at least 3 td's bottom line!

And if South had played a flawless game against gville they would have won by at least 3 touch downs, but who plays flawless games? If gville beats us next year i will give credit where credit is due and not make cry baby excuses. Have a nice offseason.