Wk 3 of the Playoffs: Rhea County at Oak Ridge

BigDave1967

You say "we" but I think if you had our playbook you'd post it, too.  WTH?

I assure you, there's nothing in that post that the Oak Ridge coaches can't deduce from the films I'm sure they're watching.

My insight was for the Oak Ridge faithful and any Knoxville area fans who know little or nothing about our beloved Green and Gold. All anyone would  have to do is see us play a game or two and they'd know we don't do anything too crazy. It's just an overview of what Rhea County Football has looked like this year. Perhaps, kind of like someone used to do for us a couple years back, under the name "RheaCo" (spoiler alert, I'm not him).

If the OR fans want to see highlights rather than write-ups, checkout RheaReview.com. Last week's highlight video is now up. 

http://rheareview.com/eagles-soar-to-quarter-finals-with-win-over-owls/

Edited by UnsilentMajority

Yeah I'm not sure where Dragon is coming from with that comment, WH4L. If I am worried about anything it isn't our lack of size. D front goes like this Middleton 6'6'' 260 Fleming/Chapman at the nose both over 300 with Chapman at 6'5'' and Fleming 6'1'' and Alex Alcorn the other end goes at 6'4'' 240-245. OL is pretty darn big, too. Thanks WH4L. I agree. I hope we can win. Would be nice to play West. We haven't played them since the 60's or 70's. First though we have to get by a very good Rhea team.

I hear ya...we have a tough one as well. I hope both of our teams are up for the challenge

Weather should be warmer but rainy...whom does that favor in this matchup?

I would say Rhea since they're a 90% run to pass team, but the sledding/footing won't be as easy for them this week than it was last week on that synthetic turf they have. Our field is a little bit slippery/choppy right now and especially in the rain if it does rain.

I would say Rhea since they're a 90% run to pass team, but the sledding/footing won't be as easy for them this week than it was last week on that synthetic turf they have. Our field is a little bit slippery/choppy right now and especially in the rain if it does rain.

Yeah at this point all the natural fields are in bad shape to say the least. Have no idea what to expect at SD this week.

Yeah at this point all the natural fields are in bad shape to say the least. Have no idea what to expect at SD this week.

Ours isn't too bad, but I saw our RBs slip a few times the other night. Lot different than playing on that turf. I recall Maryvilles field this time of year before they got their turf. It was like a cow pasture lol. They really needed their turf.

Ours isn't too bad, but I saw our RBs slip a few times the other night. Lot different than playing on that turf. I recall Maryvilles field this time of year before they got their turf. It was like a cow pasture lol. They really needed their turf.

I remember playoff games there back in 07 and 08 and u are right about that one. Had no clue Rhea had turf at their place. I see why teams make the switch if they can afford it.

I remember playoff games there back in 07 and 08 and u are right about that one. Had no clue Rhea had turf at their place. I see why teams make the switch if they can afford it.

Yeah Rhea has some nice looking facilities. And yeah WH4L Maryville's field was horrendous. I remember Barney used to complain about it all the time along with the Chik-Fil-A sandwiches and everything else. Right Barney? lol

I'm going to do my best...LOL...I just couldn't do it last week.  

Dude I can't blame you. I about froze my a** off!!! That may have been the coldest game I have ever been to and I have been to tons. My feet felt like blocks of ice after the game and I had not 1 not 2 ,but 3 pairs of thick socks on. Man it was miserable, but that goal line stand made up for it.