Playoffs Wk 3: Livingston Academy at Loudon

BigDave1967

You got to pull for a team that doesn't recruit. All kids have all played together since they were 7 and 8 yr olds. Last yr was very weird and tough on them. Coach Harig is really one of the best in the state. B/C he wins with what he has. He can't go outside the county to get kids.

Here comes excuse #1

MrWolf:  my compliments on your teams' win.  You should be proud of your boys and the team you have fielded.  And yes, I am one of those embarrassed fans that initially cheered when the ref fell.  I did so before I realized he was going to lay on the turf for the next 5 minutes or so, but after some of the questionable calls I was wondering if  the refs were really tight with your coaching staff or just spending so much time on your sideline to learn where the best places were to eat afterwards.  I don't like to see anyone get hurt, but I think my sentiments echo that of others in that I felt like the officials hijacked the game in the first half as they spent more time debating their calls than they did letting the teams play ball.  It seemed like they wanted recognition that they were chosen to officiate a playoff game, good for them.  It initially looked like the official just fell over backwards, i still have not heard if he has recovered. I do wish they could have been a little more consistent with their calls, and if you were at the game, I am sure you will understand.

Again I am embarrassed and would like to personally apologize for initially clapping when your ref fell backwards.  That was not classy.  It wouldn't have been classy either if our kids were flagged for taunting, or if our crowd waited around afterwards to hurl belittling insults and racial slurs.  Oh yeah and if our coach had spent a good portion of the night out on the field (oh yeah that normally draws a flag in our neck of the woods).  Please forgive me for ranting, still reeling from the 11-2 advantage Livingston had in collecting the laundry. 

Note: I never considered anyone cheaters, you just had a better relationship with the officials. Livingston made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes and you have a very good team.  I am guessing that any name calling was just a result of frustration, not typical of the Livingston crowd.  Maybe it was some of your fans that were called cheaters that were the same ones that waited around to taunt our boys again and hurl the racial insults.  Hope they got it out our their system before your next visiting team comes to town.

Best of luck next week.  From what I hear you might need it.  You have some impressive athletes and a well coached team.

----Long time watcher, first time poster

MrWolf:  my compliments on your teams' win.  You should be proud of your boys and the team you have fielded.  And yes, I am one of those embarrassed fans that initially cheered when the ref fell.  I did so before I realized he was going to lay on the turf for the next 5 minutes or so, but after some of the questionable calls I was wondering if  the refs were really tight with your coaching staff or just spending so much time on your sideline to learn where the best places were to eat afterwards.  I don't like to see anyone get hurt, but I think my sentiments echo that of others in that I felt like the officials hijacked the game in the first half as they spent more time debating their calls than they did letting the teams play ball.  It seemed like they wanted recognition that they were chosen to officiate a playoff game, good for them.  It initially looked like the official just fell over backwards, i still have not heard if he has recovered. I do wish they could have been a little more consistent with their calls, and if you were at the game, I am sure you will understand.

Again I am embarrassed and would like to personally apologize for initially clapping when your ref fell backwards.  That was not classy.  It wouldn't have been classy either if our kids were flagged for taunting, or if our crowd waited around afterwards to hurl belittling insults and racial slurs.  Oh yeah and if our coach had spent a good portion of the night out on the field (oh yeah that normally draws a flag in our neck of the woods).  Please forgive me for ranting, still reeling from the 11-2 advantage Livingston had in collecting the laundry. 

Note: I never considered anyone cheaters, you just had a better relationship with the officials. Livingston made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes and you have a very good team.  I am guessing that any name calling was just a result of frustration, not typical of the Livingston crowd.  Maybe it was some of your fans that were called cheaters that were the same ones that waited around to taunt our boys again and hurl the racial insults.  Hope they got it out our their system before your next visiting team comes to town.

Best of luck next week.  From what I hear you might need it.  You have some impressive athletes and a well coached team.

Lots of sour grapes to go along with a back handed complement.

MrWolf: my compliments on your teams' win. You should be proud of your boys and the team you have fielded. And yes, I am one of those embarrassed fans that initially cheered when the ref fell. I did so before I realized he was going to lay on the turf for the next 5 minutes or so, but after some of the questionable calls I was wondering if the refs were really tight with your coaching staff or just spending so much time on your sideline to learn where the best places were to eat afterwards. I don't like to see anyone get hurt, but I think my sentiments echo that of others in that I felt like the officials hijacked the game in the first half as they spent more time debating their calls than they did letting the teams play ball. It seemed like they wanted recognition that they were chosen to officiate a playoff game, good for them. It initially looked like the official just fell over backwards, i st ill have not heard if he has recovered. I do wish they could have been a little more consistent with their calls, and if you were at the game, I am sure you will understand.

Again I am embarrassed and would like to personally apologize for initially clapping when your ref fell backwards. That was not classy. It wouldn't have been classy either if our kids were flagged for taunting, or if our crowd waited around afterwards to hurl belittling insults and racial slurs. Oh yeah and if our coach had spent a good portion of the night out on the field (oh yeah that normally draws a flag in our neck of the woods). Please forgive me for ranting, still reeling from the 11-2 advantage Livingston had in collecting the laundry.

Note: I never considered anyone cheaters, you just had a better relationship with the officials. Livingston made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes and you have a very good team. I am guessing that any name calling was just a result of frustration, not typical of the Livingston crowd. Maybe it was some of your fans that were called cheaters that were the same ones that waited around to taunt our boys again and hurl the racial insults. Hope they got it out our their system before your next visiting team comes to town.

Best of luck next week. From what I hear you might need it. You have some impressive athletes and a well coached team.

Your compliments are back-handed and disingenuous.

You use compliments to disguise what you really want to say. You think that the bigoted, redneck people of Loudon, in conspiracy with the officials, robbed your team of a win.

You use phrases like " your refs " and the refs were "really tight with your coaching staff " or that our coaches have a " better relationship with the officials". We do not pick the officials for state playoff games. Write the TSSAA if you have a problem with who was selected to officiate the game or how they went about it. The point is you make a veiled accusation of some kind of conspiracy between the officials and Loudon's coaching staff. It's silly and childish.

As to your accusations of taunting and racial slurs, if in fact that did occur, I can only say that there are ignorant people everywhere and we certainly have our share here. If that was the case, it is truly regrettable and I do sincerely apologize. You are certainly welcome to address your concerns to our high school administration if students were involved. It is unfortunate that every team has certain fans that behave poorly. Good thing no one tries to smear a whole fan base or a certain "neck of the woods" when these situations occur, huh?

Maybe your team had more flags because they committed more penalties.

Maybe Loudon won because they managed one or two more big plays.

Next time, if you have something to say just say it. Don't try to mask it in a bunch of compliments.

Like I said before: You think a bunch of bigoted rednecks conspired with state appointed officials to rob your team of a win. That's fine. Whatever lets you deal.

As a fellow father of a player I can tell you that I think your post cheapens the efforts of both teams and that is a shame.

I do thank you for wishes of " best of luck " in our game next week. We will certainly need some luck. But, you know, somehow I don't think you really meant that either.

Edited by CReese72

Your compliments are back-handed and disingenuous.

You use compliments to disguise what you really want to say. You think that the bigoted, redneck people of Loudon, in conspiracy with the officials, robbed your team of a win.

You use phrases like " your refs " and the refs were "really tight with your coaching staff " or that our coaches have a " better relationship with the officials". We do not pick the officials for state playoff games. Write the TSSAA if you have a problem with who was selected to officiate the game or how they went about it. The point is you make a veiled accusation of some kind of conspiracy between the officials and Loudon's coaching staff. It's silly and childish.

As to your accusations of taunting and racial slurs, if in fact that did occur, I can only say that there are ignorant people everywhere and we certainly have our share here. If that was the case, it is truly regrettable and I do sincerely apologize. You are certainly welcome to address your concerns to our high school administration if students were involved. It is unfortunate that every team has certain fans that behave poorly. Good thing no one tries to smear a whole fan base or a certain "neck of the woods" when these situations occur, huh?

Maybe your team had more flags because they committed more penalties.

Maybe Loudon won because they managed one or two more big plays.

Next time, if you have something to say just say it. Don't try to mask it in a bunch of compliments.

Like I said before: You think a bunch of bigoted rednecks conspired with state appointed officials to rob your team of a win. That's fine. Whatever lets you deal.

As a fellow father of a player I can tell you that I think your post cheapens the efforts of both teams and that is a shame.

I do thank you for wishes of " best of luck " in our game next week. We will certainly need some luck. But, you know, somehow I don't think you really meant that either.

I don't think he ment any compliment towards are team . I also agree if you have proof that our kids or families stayed there and was rude to your players then feel free to contact the school. What I speak of I seen with my own two eyes we won fair and square so just take your loss and move on. Still never right to applaud someone being hurt and the cheaters comment was yelled at our players as they were taking a picture by the scoreboard so yes it was at then players.