Henry County-Ridgeway Part 2

HCFan

I am excited about this game Friday. I believe HC is looking equal or better than the team last year. There is no doubt 5a has the most talented and I expect every game from here on out will be a slugfest and we could see any 2 of the 8 teams in Cookeville. But I am feeling confident in HC and our boys have the talent, experience and desire to go back.

I am excited about this game Friday. I believe HC is looking equal or better than the team last year. There is no doubt 5a has the most talented and I expect every game from here on out will be a slugfest and we could see any 2 of the 8 teams in Cookeville. But I am feeling confident in HC and our boys have the talent, experience and desire to go back.

Not sure 5A has the most talent, I do believe anyone can win 5A and it is wide open. I think Shelbyville is the #8 team left and then the other 7 are all tossups depending on turnovers and who PLAYS THE BEST!

Good luck to all....

• Upvote 1

The level of talent and parity both in 5A and 6A is incredible. 

In 5A, I believe Ridgeway, Henry County, and Hillsboro all have the teams to bring a gold ball home.  In the east, Oak Ridge, Rhea County, and South Doyle are all still undefeated. Ultimately, I think West comes out of that side to play in Cookeville.  

In 6A, it's hard to ever pick against Maryville.  But who could argue the fact that Whitehaven, Blackman, Oakland, and even possibly Ravenwood all have state championship caliber teams? 

It's just incredible.  These next couple of weeks should be exciting.  It's refreshing to see. There's some great teams in lower classifications, but who do you think will beat Union City in 1A? Nashville Christian is the default state championship game if they meet next week.  There's a little more parity in 2A, but I would still put good money that the winner will be either Trousdale, Marion, or Adamsville. CPA vs. Alcoa in 3A, and who wants to bet against Fulton in 4A?

I know this is a HC thread, but the amount of parity in AAA is amazing.  4-5 teams in 6A that are all championship material (albeit with 3 BIG favorites in WH, Blackman, and Maryville) and 7 in 5A that could all be seen winning it all.  

Edited by RedSwarm

Henry County won, because they played 4 quarters of HC football. West had more talented athletes, they were much faster in skilled positions, but they couldn't take 4Qs of being hit in the mouth. HC is well coached and the student-athletes fear no-one, nor should they. You need that mentality. If they believe this onFriday, then the game will be close. I have a lot of respect for Ridgeway. They seem to be well coached, very athletic, and willing to give great effort for four quarters. If they do not turnover the ball, it could be the end of the road for the Patriots. I seem to think different.

It's going to be a great game. I don't think either team will give up. I do think the team with the least mistakes and penalties wins! It will be a very physical game so I hope Who ever tapes this game gets it up on YouTube as quick as possible! I can't wait to watch this one. Good luck to both teams and god take good care of every player!

Good analysis but don't forget about RW tight end. I know TE's don't get a lot of recognition but he's among the top in the state. RW has one of the best offenses in the state this year from QB to RB to WRs to Oline and TE. They should've beaten us this year but bad decisions costed them. If RW defense can hold up and hold HC to under 21 points I think they'll get a W. If we weren't playing this week I would definitely be on the road to check this game out. The winner should be bringing a gold ball back west.

Of course you would mention TE play  :mrgreen:

Coach Sutton needs to make it happen this season.

Here are the:

Patriot vs Ridgeway game statistics from the Post Intelligencer

Score by quarters

HCHS 0-0-3-13-15

Ridgeway 0-0-14-8-22

Third quarter

Henry County — Gage Hainley 29-yard field goal. 9:40. HCHS 3-0

Ridgeway — Braxton Conrad 38-yard pass to Vincent Taylor. Jonah Roberts kick. 6:35. Ridgeway 7-3.

Ridgeway — Earl Harrison 26-yard run. Roberts kick. 6:10. Ridgeway 14-3.

Fourth quarter

Henry County — Chase Henderson 2-yard run. 2-point failed. 4:59. Ridgeway 14-9.

Henry County — Henderson 5-yard run. 2-point failed. 2:31. HCHS 15-14.

Ridgeway — Conrad 30-yard pass to Katavious Taylor. Conrad 2-point pass to Marquette Murdock. 17 seconds. Ridgeway 22-15.

Team statistics

First downs: HCHS 12, Ridgeway 17

Rushing yards: HCHS 162, Ridgeway 189

Passing yards: HCHS 29, Ridgeway 105

Total yards: HCHS 191, Ridgeway 294

Passing attempts/completions/interceptions: HCHS 8/6/0, Ridgeway 20/9/1

Punts/yards: HCHS 6/38.5, Ridgeway 5/25.2

Penalties/yards: HCHS 4/30, Ridgeway 7/68

Fumbles/lost: HCHS 2/1, Ridgeway 0/0

Patriots’ individual statistics

Rushing attempts/yards/touchdowns: Chase Henderson 21/126/2; Jeremiah Godbott 6/36/0; R’tario Perkins 7/24/0; Jacob Croasmun 4/-15.

Passing attempts/completions/yards: Jacob Croasmun 8/6/29

Pass receptions/yards: Jake Hunter 2/11; Knox Davis 1/13; Bransen Singleton 1/6; Jeremiah Godbott 1/4; R’tario Perkins 1/-5.

Tackles/assists: Tanner Beasley 8/6; Donovan Owens 7/2; Perry Atkins 6/1; Matthew Counce 5/5.

Edited by bottomwriter