GC Westview

pioneer42

Reagan has the potential to be very good with a little work. If someone would work with her in the off season & teach her how to jump she could be very dangerous at the high school level. She has a big advantage right now with all the girls on the county teams being small. I haven't seen an 8th grade point guard at Martin that I'm particularly impressed with. Now Tasia on the other hand is the real deal. Haskins is an outstanding coach and will have these girls ready by tournament time no doubt. 

Raegan has a jump shot and can surprisingly shoot the 3 ball particularly well, but she just hasn't had to use it in any of the games you have seen her play because she can take anyone in the county down low and score with ease.

When you put Tasia and #2 for MMS together, they are extremely dangerous. You may not be impressed with #2 because she doesn't have a lot of guard help right now with her, but when she is with Tasia, she is dangerous. The high school coaches are already looking forward to her being a part of the team next year.

Haskins is going to do a good job with the team. You just have to give it time. He will have them peaking at the right time. He is still trying to figure out which combination of players can play together and who is going to step up and contribute for them. Tuesday night against Gibson Co was the worst I have seen them shoot. They are definitely missing the outside shooting of Rechis and Leyhues.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reagan has the potential to be very good with a little work. If someone would work with her in the off season & teach her how to jump she could be very dangerous at the high school level. She has a big advantage right now with all the girls on the county teams being small. I haven't seen an 8th grade point guard at Martin that I'm particularly impressed with. Now Tasia on the other hand is the real deal. Haskins is an outstanding coach and will have these girls ready by tournament time no doubt. 

I feel a lot more comfortable talking about GC, but I am familiar with some of the kids from Westview. Your PG will be fine after she gets a little more experience and stays a little more under control. By the time she is finished, she should be able to get her a good scholarship if she keeps developing. I haven't seen the 8th grade post play, but I heard she will definitely compliment the freshman post they have and they will have a pretty big front line in a couple of years. I have watched Flippen play for several years, back when she was in Jr. High too and she just didn't look like herself against GC. Flippen is a scrapper and she was always hard to handle. She flies to the boards and has pretty soft hands too.  We've played against the Silver Foxes AAU in Jackson and Murray for the past 3 or 4 years and Flippen just didn't play like she normally does the other night. One other thing I noticed was the other AAU Guard (Morris or Moore) didn't play that much either. I didn't know she had transferred until that night, but she's a good pickup for you as well. She can shoot it and put double digits on us the last 2 or 3 times we played the Foxes and she can knock down a three. When we first played them 3 or so years ago, we thought she was on the little AAU team at first.  Like I said earlier, I'm not bashing on WV--I just wasn't expecting that wide of a margin of victory for GC. Westview will have a strong team for several years. Growing pains, growing pains....we've all had them. GC should make the Boro and I'll predict WV will be back up there soon.

I feel a lot more comfortable talking about GC, but I am familiar with some of the kids from Westview. Your PG will be fine after she gets a little more experience and stays a little more under control. By the time she is finished, she should be able to get her a good scholarship if she keeps developing. I haven't seen the 8th grade post play, but I heard she will definitely compliment the freshman post they have and they will have a pretty big front line in a couple of years. I have watched Flippen play for several years, back when she was in Jr. High too and she just didn't look like herself against GC. Flippen is a scrapper and she was always hard to handle. She flies to the boards and has pretty soft hands too. We've played against the Silver Foxes AAU in Jackson and Murray for the past 3 or 4 years and Flippen just didn't play like she normally does the other night. One other thing I noticed was the other AAU Guard (Morris or Moore) didn't play that much either. I didn't know she had transferred until that night, but she's a good pickup for you as well. She can shoot it and put double digits on us the last 2 or 3 times we played the Foxes and she can knock down a three. When we first played them 3 or so years ago, we thought she was on the little AAU team at first. Like I said earlier, I'm not bashing on WV--I just wasn't expecting that wide of a margin of victory for GC. Westview will have a strong team for several years. Growing pains, growing pains....we've all had them. GC should make the Boro and I'll predict WV will be back up there soon.

BReview...you sound like AAU Kris?? and I looked up your profile- Coach K...lol

I'm fairly familiar with the players you talk about from WV and a few of your players. The PG from WV is going to be good and she's a "natural" point, but she has to grow up fast and you are correct about the turnovers. The game is a little faster up here and there were a lot that thought she'd come up and take over right away, but that's going to take an adjustment period--but I think she'll end up being pretty good pretty soon. She doesn't have Bri's speed or ability, but she's good in getting the ball delivered. The transfer's name is Moore and she can knock them down from outside. Has done it for years and will continue to do so. Not sure why the coach isn't playing her more, and some have raised that question. She has said that whatever her role was to be was what she'd do. At all good programs, it's generally about winning in the end and there is an expectation of that at WV. Flippen was tired, and GC was the 4th full game basically in three days. And 3 of the 4 teams were pressers or the up and down game (South Side, Dyer County, and GC). Diana is a great kid, with a great heart. If she's in your corner, she'll play hard for you. She just had a bad night, but she's going to be fine. She completely changed WV last year with the interior, and as soon as we can develop some flow--she'll be right back there.

I have enjoyed watching yours play as well and it was good getting to know you and your family this past summer. Y'all have a good program with a lot of good young girls coming up too. Good luck this season.

See ya first week of December...hopefully we'll give you a better game.

Thanks for the kind words and we won't see the Chargers again until late January. Give me a shout when you come to GC, and I may have you introduce me to a couple of them or their parents. Since Coach Tory's older group is graduating- we may have a spot or two in the 10th-11th age group ^_^  if they aren't already committed. See you again in January and I'm sure it'll be a closer game. Nothing but respect for Westview's program- Sean did a great job there with his personnel and sure your new coach will to.

Thanks for the kind words and we won't see the Chargers again until late January. Give me a shout when you come to GC, and I may have you introduce me to a couple of them or their parents. Since Coach Tory's older group is graduating- we may have a spot or two in the 10th-11th age group ^_^ if they aren't already committed. See you again in January and I'm sure it'll be a closer game. Nothing but respect for Westview's program- Sean did a great job there with his personnel and sure your new coach will to.

Out of curiosity, what AAU program are you associated with being tied Gibson Co. considering none of the Gibson kids play on an AAU team. There's only 2 "AAU" teams in West TN, one being the Silver Foxes and the other was the the Lady Flash from Jackson. Team Slink is more of an exposure team that has players statewide in Tennessee and Kentucky. So... What other program is there that I'm missing? If you're looking for some tournaments for your team to play in, we need to talk... We could get something done...

Out of curiosity, what AAU program are you associated with being tied Gibson Co. considering none of the Gibson kids play on an AAU team. There's only 2 "AAU" teams in West TN, one being the Silver Foxes and the other was the the Lady Flash from Jackson. Team Slink is more of an exposure team that has players statewide in Tennessee and Kentucky. So... What other program is there that I'm missing? If you're looking for some tournaments for your team to play in, we need to talk... We could get something done...

There are several AAU teams in the West, but mainly in Memphis (Elite). We've worked with both Elite and the Stars--technically Middle Tennessee but they have players from the Paris area that also play with us. With the basketball talent in North-West Tennessee over the last 20 plus years, I wished someone would put together a few teams and showcase it. We got to meet the younger Silver Foxes several years ago and that's how we got to know those kids that were playing. I believe they've won a couple of state titles and held the #1 or #2 National Ranking back then and won the National Title for their classification.

There are several AAU teams in the West, but mainly in Memphis (Elite). We've worked with both Elite and the Stars--technically Middle Tennessee but they have players from the Paris area that also play with us. With the basketball talent in North-West Tennessee over the last 20 plus years, I wished someone would put together a few teams and showcase it. We got to meet the younger Silver Foxes several years ago and that's how we got to know those kids that were playing. I believe they've won a couple of state titles and held the #1 or #2 National Ranking back then and won the National Title for their classification.

So, you still haven't answered my question.. What program are you associated with? I know it's not Memphis Elite because I know those guys. If you're truly from Gibson County, then we would know each other... If you want your team to showcase its talent, we need to get in touch and make it happen next summer...

So, you still haven't answered my question.. What program are you associated with? I know it's not Memphis Elite because I know those guys. If you're truly from Gibson County, then we would know each other... If you want your team to showcase its talent, we need to get in touch and make it happen next summer...

Wish we could get together an AAU team in this area. There is no reason with all the talent in this area that our kids should have to be traveling to Jackson, Memphis or Nashville to play on a team. I personally would be very interested.

Wish we could get together an AAU team in this area. There is no reason with all the talent in this area that our kids should have to be traveling to Jackson, Memphis or Nashville to play on a team. I personally would be very interested.

TeamSlink is already in the area pretty heavily with most of the areas top kids on board. They play on a national level against some of the best in the country. If you haven't checked them out, you should...

TeamSlink is already in the area pretty heavily with most of the areas top kids on board. They play on a national level against some of the best in the country. If you haven't checked them out, you should...

Never heard of them but my daughter's not at the hs level yet so I'm not familiar with a lot of the older teams. She played for the Flash for several years. I'll check them out.

Never heard of them but my daughter's not at the hs level yet so I'm not familiar with a lot of the older teams. She played for the Flash for several years. I'll check them out.

Tasia Jones who is a freshman at Westview now and Raegan Johnson who is an 8th grader at Martin Middle now both played for Team Slink some last summer. They really enjoyed it and got to go to Florida and Nashville and some other exposure type tournaments with them.