Giles County 2015 Edition

WiseOldManGiles

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was over in the single A thread...... Why so quiet here?

thetruth2008

Today, 11:03 AM

Nope, Giles County. The Rockets pretty much dominated them. The offense moved the ball at will and Giles' offense only mustered a few first downs. They never came remotely close to scoring. For Giles' sake, I hope they had a ton of kids out, if not, they'll have trouble winning a single game this fall.

This was over in the single A thread...... Why so quiet here?

thetruth2008

Today, 11:03 AM

Nope, Giles County. The Rockets pretty much dominated them. The offense moved the ball at will and Giles' offense only mustered a few first downs. They never came remotely close to scoring. For Giles' sake, I hope they had a ton of kids out, if not, they'll have trouble winning a single game this fall.

First off I wasn't there so have no clue about the game.  What I do know is that GC is a little down at the qb spot right now with one injured and the  other mia.  It is a little early to panic on this "lucky to win a game thing"  Time will tell.  GO CATS!!!

True, I did hear they were using number 2 or 3 (3 or 4 if you count Wallace), but the QB spot was the least of their troubles. The backs ran hard but had little to no protection. The Forrest D was suffocating and more physical. Defensively, Forrest had huge holes to run through. Did Giles have better athletes? Of course they did, but they were definitely not as prepared as the rockets. I'm pretty sure the Giles staff will be jerking some knots in some tails this week. I'll add, just to be fair, that Forrest has several players out playing baseball including their best lineman and two of their best skill guys.

Giles didn't look near as athletic as I'm accustomed to seeing. I noticed a handful of kids that looked very athletic standing on the sidelines in the scrimmage against Fairview. I assume the bobcats have a few injuries right now?

Regardless, the 'cats have proved over and over that they can play with about anyone when it matters most. Good luck to you guys this season!