District 14A

lsj518

Time will tell but as long as my Vikings keep improving they will have a chance on any given night!

When Union City plays Humboldt, Union City will win both games by 25 points or more both times.  NO ONE in western Tennessee outside of Memphis can Beat Union City in any class, A, AA or AAA.  Union City is at least a week away from being 100% full speed.  When the Stewart kid starts playing, just another weapon to add.  Union City will compete for another GOLD Basketball.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My, how the mighty have fallen when a one point win in Halls is a big deal....

First of all, you never heard me say anything about Humboldt being Mighty, & secondly everybody was counting Humboldt out, a win is a win regardless by how much & especially when two (2) starters didn't play! So, yes it is a big deal when you lose four (4) starters and can still compete but tournament time is were it counts so we will see how UC does this year!

When Union City plays Humboldt, Union City will win both games by 25 points or more both times. NO ONE in western Tennessee outside of Memphis can Beat Union City in any class, A, AA or AAA. Union City is at least a week away from being 100% full speed. When the Stewart kid starts playing, just another weapon to add. Union City will compete for another GOLD Basketball.

Time will tell, glad you are so confident but UC should be the favorite with what they have coming back but that's why you play the game!!

First of all, you never heard me say anything about Humboldt being Mighty, & secondly everybody was counting Humboldt out, a win is a win regardless by how much & especially when two (2) starters didn't play! So, yes it is a big deal when you lose four (4) starters and can still compete but tournament time is were it counts so we will see how UC does this year!

Mighty as in UC, H'boldt and LC...It would be similar to me being excited about a win against Bradford...Just not used to it, you know ?...You know as well as I do that the good programs reload, not rebuild and Humboldt is a program that, historically, with the abundance of talent that they produce should always be 1 or 2 in our district...UC will be fine...

Mighty as in UC, H'boldt and LC...It would be similar to me being excited about a win against Bradford...Just not used to it, you know ?...You know as well as I do that the good programs reload, not rebuild and Humboldt is a program that, historically, with the abundance of talent that they produce should always be 1 or 2 in our district...UC will be fine...

You are correct but Halls is way better then Bradford but a win is a win! Humboldt plays UC the first game after New Years so will see how they stack up against UC! I just hope the Vikings keep improving come tournament time because that's were you need to be playing your best ball!!

Edited by 87vikingalumni

Purple & Gold, I won't make any excuses, everyone knows Humboldt is not what it once was.  The cities of Milan, Trenton and others are not having the same issues as Humboldt.  Enrollment at Humboldt is at a ALL TIME Low!  They are at 263, which will take some time to get used to.  While Lake Co, Greenfield, Bradford and others are used to operating at these numbers, it's tough when each year the enrollment drops. It's so bad in Humboldt now that they are moving the 7th & 8th grade kids to the High School.  Again, the issues in Humboldt are far beyond athletics.  Again, not making excuses, just giving the State of the town right now.

Purple & Gold, I won't make any excuses, everyone knows Humboldt is not what it once was.  The cities of Milan, Trenton and others are not having the same issues as Humboldt.  Enrollment at Humboldt is at a ALL TIME Low!  They are at 263, which will take some time to get used to.  While Lake Co, Greenfield, Bradford and others are used to operating at these numbers, it's tough when each year the enrollment drops. It's so bad in Humboldt now that they are moving the 7th & 8th grade kids to the High School.  Again, the issues in Humboldt are far beyond athletics.  Again, not making excuses, just giving the State of the town right now.

Whoa !....Did not realize they were that low...

You are correct but Halls is way better then Bradford but a win is a win! Humboldt plays UC the first game after New Years so will see how they stack up against UC! I just hope the Vikings keep improving come tournament time because that's were you need to be playing your best ball!!

Humboldt/Union City is always knock-down drag-out....I'm not of the belief we will beat the Vikings by 25...I do believe we will win though...

So was the second half any better ?...First half was slow, too many turnovers and too many fouls...I just turned it off...I didn't think we were in danger of losing at any time. it just sounded like the kids weren't very into the game...I heard the other night that Stewart may be ready to start playing again...Do you think he may play vs Ripley or will they hold him out till Poplar Bluff ?...