District 14A

lsj518

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the district tournament, and when does it start?

The district is being played in Trenton & I've attached the bracket with days/times & match ups!

Greenfield vs Bradford 2/8/15 @ 6:30

Winner plays Lake Co 2/9/15 @ 6:30

Peabody vs South Fulton 2/9/15 @ 6:30

Winner plays Halls 2/12/15 @ 6:30

Winner between Lake co/ GF/Bradford plays Gibson Co 2/12/15 @6:30

Winner between Halls/Peabody/south Fulton plays Humboldt 2/14/15 @7:30

Winner between greenfield/Bradford/lake county/ Gibson county plays Union City 2/14/15 @6:00pm

Championship game 2/17/15 @7:30

Consolation game 2/17/15 @6:00pm at Peabody

Semi-final games & championship games will be at Trenton, all other games will be at higher seed!!

Union City & Humboldt recieve automatic berths into the semi-finals do to finishing 1st & 2nd in regular season!

Edited by 87vikingalumni

The district is being played in Trenton & I've attached the bracket with days/times & match ups!

Winner between greenfield/Bradford/lake county/ Gibson county plays Union City 2/14/15 @6:00pm

Semi-final games & championship games will be at Trenton, all other games will be at higher seed!!

Union City & Humboldt recieve automatic berths into the semi-finals do to finishing 1st & 2nd in regular season!

Ok thats too confusing. Why not just have the 2 lower seeds have a play in game like usal. Plus the semis and championship games need to be in Gibson Co. cause there is more space; Trenton is too crowded and not enough walking space. Edited by JDOGG80

Ok thats too confusing. Why not just have the 2 lower seeds have a play in game like usal. Plus the semis and championship games need to be in Gibson Co. cause there is more space; Trenton is too crowded and not enough walking space.

Yea I agree!!..Thats is one of the most stupidest things ive seen..I guess the coaches voted on that garbage!! Edited by copenoc

Thanks!!

You've got Greenfield and Bradford 2/8/15 which is a Sunday. Is that correct?

I kind of like the format. Rewards the top 2 with automatic berths to the Region and saves legs too. Makes the regular season that much more important. It is a lot easier to understand if it is actually drawn out on a bracket than reading it this way.

My guess on the location is that the girls coaches didn't want to play at Gibson County. So Peabody is the next best option.

I kind of like the format. Rewards the top 2 with automatic berths to the Region and saves legs too. Makes the regular season that much more important. It is a lot easier to understand if it is actually drawn out on a bracket than reading it this way.

My guess on the location is that the girls coaches didn't want to play at Gibson County. So Peabody is the next best option.

Sorry that game is Saturday but bracket should be out today or tomorrow! Yes, the coaches must have decided to reward the regular season play!!

Sorry that game is Saturday but bracket should be out today or tomorrow! Yes, the coaches must have decided to reward the regular season play!!

If you think your Vikings can Beat Union City, it doesn't matter what court they would play on.  Union City could lend a couple of our players to your Vikings and then you might have a slim chance but only slim.  Union City is on a mission.  They are getting better game by game and healthy at that.  I think you also saw last night that the #1 Parker Stewart doesn't care who he is playing against.....he is getting better every dribble of the game.

Old buddy, I keep thinking back to 06-07, the year after Shane's first state championship...UC was #1 ranked, 30-3 and unbeaten in the district...Union City had beaten the brakes off Humboldt twice during the regular season...Union City was playing Humboldt in the region semis down at West Carroll and lost 86-83...That loss kept the Tornadoes from three-peating...ANYTHING can happen...UC will have to stay focused and play as well, offensively, as they are now to go on to Murfreesboro...UC is a powerful offensive team and they have been hitting at a very good clip from three-point land recently (near 50%)...If they can get their defense to where the coaches want then the sky is the limit...

Old buddy, I keep thinking back to 06-07, the year after Shane's first state championship...UC was #1 ranked, 30-3 and unbeaten in the district...Union City had beaten the brakes off Humboldt twice during the regular season...Union City was playing Humboldt in the region semis down at West Carroll and lost 86-83...That loss kept the Tornadoes from three-peating...ANYTHING can happen...UC will have to stay focused and play as well, offensively, as they are now to go on to Murfreesboro...UC is a powerful offensive team and they have been hitting at a very good clip from three-point land recently (near 50%)...If they can get their defense to where the coaches want then the sky is the limit...

Purple & Gold Standard, you are a very wise man because you just hit it on the head, it doesn't matter what you did in the regular season because you need to be hot during tournaments. I remember that game because people were going by what happen in the regular season but when it gets down to a win or go home game, you better be hitting on all cylinders!!! Humboldt team is young & surprised a lot of teams this year but Humboldt needs to put together a good offensive & defensive game at the same time or they will be going home early in regional tournament!!! Still a great season considering losing seven (7) seniors & only having two (2) seniors on the team this year.   

You are not too far from my neck of the woods!!  Thanks for the info about the district tournament.  I will be back in UC visiting family next weekend and may try to see UC on Saturday.  I did get to see them at siegel back at Thanksgiving.  They looked pretty good, and the Stewart kid was injured so was not playing.