District 14A

lsj518

Top-ranked Union City defeated Gibson County tonight at The ThunderDome 84-57...

Union City shot the three tonight at a 13 for 28 clip.....Malik Stockdale led the Tornadoes in scoring with 22 points...Marcus Deberry and Parker Stewart followed with 16 apiece...

Next Up: Friday Jan.30th vs Trenton Peabody...

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top-ranked Union City defeated Trenton Peabody 84-52...Union City improves to 24-3 overall and 15-0 in D14A...Union City was led in scoring by Parker Stewart with 18 points followed by Deberry and Stockdale (who didn't start and didn't play the first quarter) with 13 points each....Jeremy Bumpus chipped in 10 points....Union City jumped out to a 26-10 first quarter lead and was on top 50-29 at the half...The Tornadoes added to their lead at the end of the third quarter 75-44 before they turned the game over to the young guys...12 players  scored for UC as the Tornado bench tallied 35 points overall...

Next Up: Tuesday Feb.3rd vs Humboldt in the regular season finale...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

Went to see Fayetteville at Eagleville tonight. I want to make sure I am careful in choosing my words even though I was spot on when I said Nashville Christian did not have a chance against the Golden Tornadoes back in November. Anyhoo, I was not impressed with the #5 team in the state tonight. I have seen our Golden Tornadoes when they played at siegel the next day after the above FB game, and we would win by at least 20 points. They have three good players, and one of them actually got hurt in the game tonight (possible concussion). They have a player, ironically that is #42, that reminds me of Rick Mahorn. He is not a dirty player but his mannerisms remind me of him. He is left handed, and everything goes in that direction. The one that got hurt is #10 and is their best outside shooter. However, he can only hit them when he is wide open. UC's defense and press would put a strangle hold on their game. I have not seen Mitchell this year but did see them last year when they played Meigs County in the State Championship. I still believe the champion will come out of West Tennessee.

Edited by bhhvols

Went to see Fayetteville at Eagleville tonight. I want to make sure I am careful in choosing my words even though I was spot on when I said Nashville Christian did not have a chance against the Golden Tornadoes back in November. Anyhoo, I was not impressed with the #5 team in the state tonight. I have seen our Golden Tornadoes when they played at siegel the next day after the above FB game, and we would win by at least 20 points. They have three good players, and one of them actually got hurt in the game tonight (possible concussion). They have a player, ironically that is #42, that reminds me of Rick Mahorn. He is not a dirty player but his mannerisms remind me of him. He is left handed, and everything goes in that direction. The one that got hurt is #10 and is their best outside shooter. However, he can only hit them when he is wide open. UC's defense and press would put a strangle hold on their game. I have not seen Mitchell this year but did see them last year when they played Meigs County in the State Championship. I still believe the champion will come out of West Tennessee.

I would venture to say there is a pretty big gap between Union City and Mitchell and the rest of the top 10...

I would venture to say there is a pretty big gap between Union City and Mitchell and the rest of the top 10...

Keep sleeping on 15-A! TCA, Middleton and Adamsville are legit. Only reason TCA is not ranked is due to 3 early losses without FB players. They would have won all of those games and would be 21-5 instead of 18-8. I think top three 15-A teams are probably better than most teams in 1A with exception of Mitchell, UC and possibly a couple of other 16-A teams. I think BTW, KIPP and Carver are all legit as well. 1A champion will definitely come from the West. Runner up may come from the West.

Edited by TCAIntense

Keep sleeping on 15-A! TCA, Middleton and Adamsville are legit. Only reason TCA is not ranked is due to 3 early losses without FB players. They would have won all of those games and would be 21-5 instead of 18-8. I think top three 15-A teams are probably better than most teams in 1A with exception of Mitchell, UC and possibly a couple of other 16-A teams. I think BTW, KIPP and Carver are all legit as well. 1A champion will definitely come from the West. Runner up may come from the West.

TCA I agree with you man..You cant sleep on yall guys over their because you look up and you might get stunned!..But I do think UC and Mitchell are the best 2 teams but Yall Booker T and Adamsville and Middleton could upset somebody..I saw Booker T play and they not bad but not that well coached..Haven't saw yall yet but I hope to get to.

Top-ranked Union City blew out their arch-rival, Humboldt 88-68...Marcus Deberry led the Tornadoes in scoring with 25 points...Donte Simpson scored a season high 21 points followed by Malik Stockdale's 14 and Parker Stewart's 13...Union City ends the regular season at 25-3 and unbeaten at 16-0 in D14A...

Humboldt.....12.....13....19.....22 = 68

Union City....24.....21....15.....28 = 88

If you think your Vikings can Beat Union City, it doesn't matter what court they would play on.  Union City could lend a couple of our players to your Vikings and then you might have a slim chance but only slim.  Union City is on a mission.  They are getting better game by game and healthy at that.  I think you also saw last night that the #1 Parker Stewart doesn't care who he is playing against.....he is getting better every dribble of the game.