District 14A

lsj518

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

87 That was their best shot!..Humboldt caught UC on their worst night and still lost..That was all they had man..UC never got Deberry and Stockdale going and thats not gonna happen to often..When u have Polk and Parker shooting every time they touch it this is what happens. .Lesson learned maybe.

Like I said, " defense will be what keeps Humboldt in the game", if I'm not mistaken UC fans, not going to mention names, claim UC would beat Humboldt by 20 plus! As long as we start to peak at tournament, UC can win both games during regular season! Humboldt is going to be just fine!

Congrats to Humboldt for hanging in there. .They are a solid second.

I'll take second with a young team, tournament time is were it will count! So, what happen to UC winning by 20 plus, Humboldt had a bench last year but coach Boykin didn't use it but this team will only get better as they play! The new coach is doing a great job!!!!

They didnt win by 20 plus because like I said..Parker and Polk shot every time they touched it..Can u say selfish play??..They were worried about me me me instead of going with what got u here...Simpson and Sisco worked their butts off to get what they did..Parker Stewart has absolutely no defense he just wants to fire it!..Polk will play a little defense but he just aint no shooter that needs over 6 shots a game..He is to inconsistent. .The ball has to go through Deberry Stockdale and Simpson to win the gold ball period.

When Union City plays Humboldt, Union City will win both games by 25 points or more both times. NO ONE in western Tennessee outside of Memphis can Beat Union City in any class, A, AA or AAA. Union City is at least a week away from being 100% full speed. When the Stewart kid starts playing, just another weapon to add. Union City will compete for another GOLD Basketball.

Ok, let's be for real, Humboldt will be fine!!

They didnt win by 20 plus because like I said..Parker and Polk shot every time they touched it..Can u say selfish play??..They were worried about me me me instead of going with what got u here...Simpson and Sisco worked their butts off to get what they did..Parker Stewart has absolutely no defense he just wants to fire it!..Polk will play a little defense but he just aint no shooter that needs over 6 shots a game..He is to inconsistent. .The ball has to go through Deberry Stockdale and Simpson to win the gold ball period.

Ok, so Humboldt defense didn't have nothing to do with it? If, the Vikings had hit their free throws but that's a if! Humboldt lost four starters & UC has four starters returning but the Vikings will be ready tournament time so don't crown UC state champs just yet!!

Abernathy is doing a Great job with a young talented team it's not about the regular season it's about tournament play everybody start at 0-0

Yes, coach Abernathy has the young Vikings playing pretty good so far but I agree tournament time is were you need to be peaking!!! People assume Humboldt would be down since we lost four starters but with a good coach & some young talent anything is possible!!

Ok, so Humboldt defense didn't have nothing to do with it? If, the Vikings had hit their free throws but that's a if! Humboldt lost four starters & UC has four starters returning but the Vikings will be ready tournament time so don't crown UC state champs just yet!!

I never crowned them at all..If u want my opinion Humboldt should have beaten UC..Thats the point I was making! To much Parker and to much Polk..If the big 3 dont get involved in the offense anybody can beat them! ..Parker was 0 for 9 from the field against Popular Bluff and Polk was like 2 for the Tournament. U CANT WIN games like that. .U need to stick with your bread and butter with what got you to 17 and 2..Everybody else is bonus points.

Can someone tell me why Simpson was playing the second half on a bad wheel ??...Basically making it 5 on 4 ...I hope he will be OK...We got to have him healthy...

Your guess is as good as mine..He hurt them more than helped them..I dunno what Sisco is thinking.

He couldn't guard at all..Sombody please tell me why Parker Stewart took more shots than Deberry and Stockdale together? ?..

I never crowned them at all..If u want my opinion Humboldt should have beaten UC..Thats the point I was making! To much Parker and to much Polk..If the big 3 dont get involved in the offense anybody can beat them! ..Parker was 0 for 9 from the field against Popular Bluff and Polk was like 2 for the Tournament. U CANT WIN games like that. .U need to stick with your bread and butter with what got you to 17 and 2..Everybody else is bonus points.

Copenoc, I wasn't referring to you but another poster. I stated, " in several post that Humboldt is young but Defense is what's going to keep them in games" but once they buy into Coach Abernathy system they will get better & surprise a lot of people!