District 14A

lsj518

Getting to the state tournament goes through Union City.....just remember that. They are to much for just about anyone in west Tennessee. Even though Humboldt played them well, Union City has prepared themselves by playing nationally ranked teams in their off games to get where they are today. They play 12 deep so be ready to be tested on running up and down the floor. Just stating the true facts !

No doubt getting to Murfreesboro goes through UC. They will win the district and region crown and host substate. Can KIPP, BTW, TCA or Middleton beat UC on their home floor? That's the big question. I definitely would rather play UC at home versus Mitchell at home! Both would be a monumental task but I would rather risk UC. I've seen UC play in person this year and watched Mitchell twice on the NHFS network and there's no doubt they are currently the two best 1A teams in the state. I would currently give the edge to Mitchell. UC has a nasty full court man to man jump press but Mitchell has the guards to handle it. Would love to see a TCA/UC game. TCA has the guards to handle their press but not sure we are at s point of winning the game yet. Maybe in February but not right now. I also have a feeling that KIPP may make some noise in the tournament. They were pretty good last year and were young.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt getting to Murfreesboro goes through UC. They will win the district and region crown and host substate. Can KIPP, BTW, TCA or Middleton beat UC on their home floor? That's the big question. I definitely would rather play UC at home versus Mitchell at home! Both would be a monumental task but I would rather risk UC. I've seen UC play in person this year and watched Mitchell twice on the NHFS network and there's no doubt they are currently the two best 1A teams in the state. I would currently give the edge to Mitchell. UC has a nasty full court man to man jump press but Mitchell has the guards to handle it. Would love to see a TCA/UC game. TCA has the guards to handle their press but not sure we are at s point of winning the game yet. Maybe in February but not right now. I also have a feeling that KIPP may make some noise in the tournament. They were pretty good last year and were young.

We will see how everything unfolds during tournament time because that's when it counts. Ucdiditagain, Humboldt did more than play UC well, they had them beat but that doesn't matter at this point because it depends on how your playing during District/Regional time. It's just something about this young Viking team & Coach Abernathy the FUTURE still is bright for the Viking basketball!!!

Edited by 87vikingalumni

Union City hasn't played well the last  two to three weeks for whatever reason...They lost to a Poplar Bluff team they should have beaten by 15-20 points, regardless the home-cooking the Mules received (I don't normally rail on officials but that game was pitiful)...They just honestly didn't show up vs the New Jersey team, a team they weren't going to beat anyway, but a team they could have at least not bent over and took whatever the Warriors wanted to give them...Not very much effort in that game and one of the few times you will see a Sisco-coached team look completely intimidated...

I will be interested in seeing how the team plays on the road at Halls and Lake County...When they are running on all cylinders they are one of the top two teams in 1A...The only way they don't get to Murfreesboro is if they just don't give the effort it takes...They have the athletes...They have the coaching...Right now, there is just not something right with them...Can't put my finger on it...Maybe it will get figured out...Soon...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

Union City wins at Halls tonight 67-39...

Deberry led the Tornadoes in scoring with 28 points including 6 three pointers in which he hit in a row in the first half....Stewart added 15 points... His points were all behind the arc...Simpson added 8 and Bumpus pitched in 6...

The top-ranked Tornadoes improve to 20-3 overall and 11-0 in D14A...Union City travels to Lake County tomorrow night to take on the Falcons...

Union City....17....13....20....14 = 67

Halls.............13......6....13......7 = 39

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

Deberry led the Tornadoes in scoring with 28 points including 6 three pointers in which he hit in a row in the first half....Stewart added 15 points... His points were all behind the arc...Simpson added 8 and Bumpus pitched in 6...

The top-ranked Tornadoes improve to 20-3 overall and 11-0 in D14A...Union City travels to Lake County tomorrow night to take on the Falcons...

Union City....17....13....20....14 = 67

Halls.............13......6....13......7 = 39

Hey man I'm with u something is going on over in uc. They better figure it out. Or else they will be going to Mitchell again. Here is a little something to think about deberry 13/27 last 2 games parker7/16 last 2 games stockdale7/14 last 2 games. I hope Sisco don't break everybody's hearts again. Just something to think about.="Purple & Gold Standard" post="3307815" timestamp="1421463503"]

The top-ranked Tornadoes improve to 20-3 overall and 11-0 in D14A...Union City travels to Lake County tomorrow night to take on the Falcons...

Union City....17....13....20....14 = 67

Halls.............13......6....13......7 = 39

IT looks to me UC is back to their same ol tricks from the last 2 years past not getting Stockdale involved in the offense and it will probably cost them again because by the time Sisco figures it out it will be to late...Alot of selfish play going on..Lets see if they can get him going against the Falcons tonight at Lake Co..Ill be listning on the radio..They better realize whats going on or you will be back at Mitchell for Substate and then they will be begging for some help..Its sad but its happening

Top ranked Union City fought off a pesky Lake County Falcon team in Tiptonville tonight 67-55.....

Malik Stockdale led UC in scoring with 14 points...Will Sisco followed with 13 points and Parker Stewart pitched in 12 points...

Union City improves to 21-3 overall and 12-0 in D14A...Union City went 3-0 in games this week including two on the road...

Union City.....15.....20.....11.....21 = 67

Lake County..15......8.....18......14 = 55

IT looks to me UC is back to their same ol tricks from the last 2 years past not getting Stockdale involved in the offense and it will probably cost them again because by the time Sisco figures it out it will be to late...Alot of selfish play going on..Lets see if they can get him going against the Falcons tonight at Lake Co..Ill be listning on the radio..They better realize whats going on or you will be back at Mitchell for Substate and then they will be begging for some help..Its sad but its happening

you got to be related to Stockdale or something. Quit embarrassing the kid with your post....