District 14A

volfan007

Not sure about whether they quit or not, but unfortunately their season ended at the hands of Bradford yesterday.

Both players were dressed out with the team last night and played, I think maybe one at least had been hurt. Peabody couldn't hit a shot in Bradford and I thought Bradford did a good job inside playing physical. Hope Bradford does well in tournament in Trenton. Hate to see the lady tides season come to an end, they finish 17-14. Very good year for this team that has come so far since Coach Hart took them over a couple years ago. Most improvement of any team around. Peabody is back on the map in girls basketball and I expect next year to be even better as they return 6 key players from this year and add several good ones from middle school. Should compete again next year for tops of district as the kids have gained experience.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both players were dressed out with the team last night and played, I think maybe one at least had been hurt. Peabody couldn't hit a shot in Bradford and I thought Bradford did a good job inside playing physical. Hope Bradford does well in tournament in Trenton. Hate to see the lady tides season come to an end, they finish 17-14. Very good year for this team that has come so far since Coach Hart took them over a couple years ago. Most improvement of any team around. Peabody is back on the map in girls basketball and I expect next year to be even better as they return 6 key players from this year and add several good ones from middle school. Should compete again next year for tops of district as the kids have gained experience.

I expect Peabody to be in the top 3 in district next year. Fighting for the #2 spot with Bradford as GC only loses one player and brings back over 90% of their production. Plus they are bringing in a loaded 8th grade class.

I expect Peabody to be in the top 3 in district next year. Fighting for the #2 spot with Bradford as GC only loses one player and brings back over 90% of their production. Plus they are bringing in a loaded 8th grade class.

I'd like to see those 3 at the top competing could bring up some great rivalries since all 3 schools are so close.

Honest question:   How many Jr. HIgh schools does Gibson County get to pull from ?   I know Bradford has 1 and Peabody has 1 -  seems there should be lots more to "load" from at Gibson County.

Honest question: How many Jr. HIgh schools does Gibson County get to pull from ? I know Bradford has 1 and Peabody has 1 - seems there should be lots more to "load" from at Gibson County.

They have three middle school team. Rutherford,Dyer, and the Junior Pioneer team(combined yorkville and springhill). But I'm willing to bet that trentons middle school is as big or really close to all of those schools combined. I said that because Rutherford junior high girls swept Trenton and Bradford middle schools during their undefeated season this year. There are 5 8th graders on that team and I know that the younger sister of Erin Lannom will be a freshman next year from dyer.

Honest question: How many Jr. HIgh schools does Gibson County get to pull from ? I know Bradford has 1 and Peabody has 1 - seems there should be lots more to "load" from at Gibson County.[/quote

I would have to say that Gibson Co high school has well over 100 more students in enrollment than Peabody and probably twice that number over Bradford. I believe that gc is towards the top in enrollment in single A, Peabody middle range and Bradford towards bottom.

Edited by BABABA

Honest question: How many Jr. HIgh schools does Gibson County get to pull from ? I know Bradford has 1 and Peabody has 1 - seems there should be lots more to "load" from at Gibson County.[/quote

I would have to say that Gibson Co high school has well over 100 more students in enrollment than Peabody and probably twice that number over Bradford. I believe that gc is towards the top in enrollment in single A, Peabody middle range and Bradford towards bottom.

Yeah your are probably really close on that, what i was talking about was the middle schools feeding the high school.  All of the middle schools are very small compared to trenton.