Mt Pleasant 2015 Region 4

junglefan

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MP head coach Bradley and staff has a Big Job ahead of them recruiting and getting students out of the hallways at MPHS to come on out and play.

If not? MP may have a long road ahead of them to rebuild.

All of MP's main weapons this year graduate besides Crawford, but I can say Warnsley was stepping it up though in the latter half of this season. Warnsley can be a play maker next year.

MP graduates 7 Seniors....

Gill

Woodson

Smith

Shepard

Woodard

Cooper

Miller

Returning next year is....

Crawford

Warnsley

Anderson

Russell

Grooms

Bullock

Malugin

Perkins

The only one I do not know the grade of is Lorenzo Brown, the one that caught the 2 pointer against A-ville.

The O&D lines return a few that should be pretty good BUT coaches better get some play makers out of the hallways or it could be a long season next year.

Gill, Smith, Woodson and Shepard will be sorely missed next year.

Got to fill some shoes next year.

I hope the coaches can find the attractants that gets some kids walking the hallways interested in coming on out!

You left off Dawson, a starting linemen before he got a knee injury. Also Rogers, starting center will be a junior, Brown will also just be a junior.

You left off Dawson, a starting linemen before he got a knee injury. Also Rogers, starting center will be a junior, Brown will also just be a junior.

I hadn't talked to Dawson to know if he would return after surgery or not...

I seen Grooms at the out patient pavilion on the day of his ct/mri scan on his knee.... Gave him props on his good season that he'd had and told him I hope to see him next year after he healed and he said he was looking forward to being there.

Rogers grade wasn't listed on the roster I looked at, and Brown wasn't even on the roster.

My hopes are the new coaching staff is a lot better in posting info on the Web on a couple of websites like roster info and rushing/passing stats for us fans to keep up with than the last bunch was.

I'm not a huge fan of having to be an 'insider' asking too many questions just to keep up with my alma mater. Been having to do that too much of that here lately.

Nice to have the info out there posted just to look up and not bother any one :thumb:

Atleast y'all got Stown, WC has been wanting them since they announced a few years back that they were starting football up!

Who all is Summertown playing next year?  So they will be playing MTP but not WC, what about the Wood?  Will they have anything at all?  How did they do in their JV and JR High last year?  Who will be their next coach?  

Who all is Summertown playing next year? So they will be playing MTP but not WC, what about the Wood? Will they have anything at all? How did they do in their JV and JR High last year? Who will be their next coach?

Summertown plays in region 4 with MTP and CA. I don't know who the non region games are or who will be coaching them.

Who all is Summertown playing next year? So they will be playing MTP but not WC, what about the Wood? Will they have anything at all? How did they do in their JV and JR High last year? Who will be their next coach?

Just heard today the Eagles beat the Tiger's younger bunch back when they both played each other....

Edited by Big Bigby

Back to MP football....

I had some one ask me a question during talking football today in how many times has MP got close to the big dance. I answered only what I knew on the top of my head but I wanted to know that answer as well.

Here's what I researched....

MP has only been to the Semi Finals twice in school history. * Coach Smith and the Marco Dailey years.....

2006 - lost to Jackson Christian 42-14

2007 - lost to McKenzie 35-32

Four times to the quarter finals (3rd game)......

2014 - lost to Adamsville 38-8 under Coach Bradley

2005 - lost to Jo Byrns 21-20 under Coach Smith

2004 - lost to DCA 42-7 under Coach Smith

1992 - lost to Peabody 14-13 under Coach Dugger

Any one who has more input than I failed to see in my research please help out and post any corrections.

Wholder... I know you know.

All info/corrections to add is more than welcome. Share the knowledge MP fans.

Back to MP football....

I had some one ask me a question during talking football today in how many times has MP got close to the big dance. I answered only what I knew on the top of my head but I wanted to know that answer as well.

Here's what I researched....

MP has only been to the Semi Finals twice in school history. * Coach Smith and the Marco Dailey years.....

2006 - lost to Jackson Christian 42-14

2007 - lost to McKenzie 35-32

Four times to the quarter finals (3rd game)......

2014 - lost to Adamsville 38-8 under Coach Bradley

2005 - lost to Jo Byrns 21-20 under Coach Smith

2004 - lost to DCA 42-7 under Coach Smith

1992 - lost to Peabody 14-13 under Coach Dugger

Any one who has more input than I failed to see in my research please help out and post any corrections.

Wholder... I know you know.

All info/corrections to add is more than welcome. Share the knowledge MP fans.

In 79-80 mTp lost to Lake County in the Qtr finals........ That is the only one that you missed

Big loss for the mTp folks with the passing of longtimeTiger and former coach Ronnie Dugger. Prayers to the family