Who are some of the best retuning Pitchers in Md T

goingdeep

Don't forget about some of the returning younger players. A good example is Christine Davis who plays for David Lipscom. As an 8th grader last year I think she was 9-1 with an era less than .50, including a no hitter against Clarksville, a one hitter against Portland, and she beat Ezell-Harding on a 4-hitter with an unearned run. She did this behind the best ptcher in the state, Megan Rhodes. And Davis has 4 more years - that is a scary thought for opponents. She will be fun to watch.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hume-Fogg returns the same two pitchers who got them to

the state last year in Lesley Martinez who is being looked

at by a SEC school and Tessa Bullock. Martinez was a first team all-stater as a 10th grader but had a broken finger at the first half of last year. Bullock took the load and won 17 games. Both are Club K pitchers and should have

another great year.

I would say that right now the best pitcher in the state is David Lipscomb's Megan Rhodes. Once Megan graduates then surely Beech's Cassie Stanfill will be the best. But you can't mention the best pitchers without mentioning Amber Steen over at Hunter's Lane. Danielle Pieroni at Goodpasture is another good one. I know Cassie is a sophmore and Amber is a junior, but what years are Megan and Danielle?

From what I know, Ambers arm is doing fine. She been pitching alot lately to get her stamina up for this season. She will be pitching alot of ball games because Britanny Spears graduating. She will dominate though. I have to put in a good word for Cassie Stanfill at Beech as well. I saw her pitch a couple games last year and I have to say, I havent seen pitching like that from a freshman in a long time. If she pitches like that again this year, she should have another All-State plaque to hang on her wall.

I'm sure you were just using a manner of speech in stating "All State Plaque." To my knowledge it is an honor with no trophy or plaque. Neither TSSAA, nor the sportswriters give All State or Mid-State plaques. If someone has one, it was given by their local high school or a booster club. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Nothing is given by the Tennessean of the TSWA for making all-state. You are lucky if the Tennessean even lists the players who made the team.

Just for informational purposes it is Kassie Stanfill with a K as in karry yourself back to the pine you've been K'ed.

[Edited by std on 12-6-02 10:34P]

STD is correct about the Tennesseean. To my knowledge, there was no mention of all-state softball players this past year in the Tennessean. The Chattanooga papers had the list, one of which was linked for the information by CoachT. Thanks CoachT for keeping everyone informed and providing this Web Board!

Sportzguy- Danielle Pieroni is a sophmore this year.

I agree that Megan is one of if not the top pitcher in the state. i would put her up against anyone. She is a great teammate and a great player (defense and offense).

The thing I kinda disagree with is who is gonna be the "one" after Megan graduates. You say Cassie, I say Danielle. Ok, this may not be a very fair statement b/c she is a good friend of mine, but she works very hard, and I think she is starting to understand the mental aspect of the game. I am in the same grade as Megan, so I will be gone when whoever is gonna step up actually does it, but I think it will be Danielle.

• 2 weeks later...