Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

Your concerns are valid Catswild. Offensively Oak Ridge has to be able to run the football. Not putting down any player but trying to live off the big play pass only gets you so far. Eventually equal talent and/or coaching catches up with you. I think they have two of the better running backs in the area in Allison/Nickerson (if Jones stayed they would had 3).  They have some young guys too (Kimbrough (showed sparks as a freshman) and freshman Simpson). O line I think will be a little more mobile than last year. How they use Middleton is a key. QB must make proper reads and get ball out quicker (a year under belt should improve that naturally). I still think they have to be able to consistently run the football.  Tee Higgins will be eliminated through coverages and schemes.  Last year they had other WRs that could beat you #2, Bonds, Dunbar, Mitchell. This year they won't. Secondary, I wish they played more players to prepare them. But they have athletic kids and with good coaching they will be solid. 

As far as basketball players...forget it, the Oak Ridger said they (bball team) are going back to the Bahamas.  The kids at OR say that is the reason the Martin kid is not playing. the trip is during November so I doubt any bball players that don't have something riding on football (Higgins, Middleton, Whitt) would jeopardize missing that trip. JMO 

What if Warrington played a little running back this year? It's been discussed.

Your concerns are valid Catswild. Offensively Oak Ridge has to be able to run the football. Not putting down any player but trying to live off the big play pass only gets you so far. Eventually equal talent and/or coaching catches up with you. I think they have two of the better running backs in the area in Allison/Nickerson (if Jones stayed they would had 3). They have some young guys too (Kimbrough (showed sparks as a freshman) and freshman Simpson). O line I think will be a little more mobile than last year. How they use Middleton is a key. QB must make proper reads and get ball out quicker (a year under belt should improve that naturally). I still think they have to be able to consistently run the football. Tee Higgins will be eliminated through coverages and schemes. Last year they had other WRs that could beat you #2, Bonds, Dunbar, Mitchell. This year they won't. Secondary, I wish they played more players to prepare them. But they have athletic kids and with good coaching they will be solid.

As far as basketball players...forget it, the Oak Ridger said they (bball team) are going back to the Bahamas. The kids at OR say that is the reason the Martin kid is not playing. the trip is during November so I doubt any bball players that don't have something riding on football (Higgins, Middleton, Whitt) would jeopardize missing that trip. JMO

Tee Higgins will be eliminated through coverages and schemes? Are you Bill Belichick? That's quite a atatement you just made!

Your concerns are valid Catswild. Offensively Oak Ridge has to be able to run the football. Not putting down any player but trying to live off the big play pass only gets you so far. Eventually equal talent and/or coaching catches up with you. I think they have two of the better running backs in the area in Allison/Nickerson (if Jones stayed they would had 3).  They have some young guys too (Kimbrough (showed sparks as a freshman) and freshman Simpson). O line I think will be a little more mobile than last year. How they use Middleton is a key. QB must make proper reads and get ball out quicker (a year under belt should improve that naturally). I still think they have to be able to consistently run the football.  Tee Higgins will be eliminated through coverages and schemes.  Last year they had other WRs that could beat you #2, Bonds, Dunbar, Mitchell. This year they won't. Secondary, I wish they played more players to prepare them. But they have athletic kids and with good coaching they will be solid. 

As far as basketball players...forget it, the Oak Ridger said they (bball team) are going back to the Bahamas.  The kids at OR say that is the reason the Martin kid is not playing. the trip is during November so I doubt any bball players that don't have something riding on football (Higgins, Middleton, Whitt) would jeopardize missing that trip. JMO 

Just because most fans are not familiar with the names, doesn't necessarily mean the Cats don't have other receivers. Dunbar will return. Both Middletons (eight more months to figure out how to use Darel), D. Whitt, Caleb Jackson, Colton Wade, Jaret Miner (tall and can fly). At least eight receivers that can play.Most have high football I.Q.s with strong work ethics. Coaches just have to get them ready. They will be good.

Secondary and O Line deserve more concern. Have a little faith, friends. I'm curious to see who wants to move to Oak Ridge (legitimate transfer) over the summer.

Edited by OR nole

Maybe I wasn't clear. Last year they had several kids returning that were major concerns for the other team.  Higgins was one of many.  He came on later in the season. Besides the Minor kid the others are possession type WR. I watch football all across the south. I think Higgins is tops in America.  But a WR can be taken out of the game, unless they have a good running game  and/or other WR that can hurt you against good teams. JMO I went to 6 Oak Ridge games this year.  Farragut DB defended HIggins. Teams that play off of him he will kill you. Teams that play on him, he does not have as big of games. I know the Jackson kid cause I know his father. I know of Minor's grandfather. Both of those guys are great and I am not undermining these boys, but of the ones you name, Minor is a big play guy that could step up and be the one to relieve pressure. I too think Jackson will be a steady WR and pretty sure the others you name are too. But it is unseen yet.  I would say all these kids would be prepared. But I'm thinking state championship not winning region 3.  

Someone told me that the QB Fadnek was a Senior last year.  I'm almost certain that he was a junior. He looks like a QB. I hope he's a junior. Look forward to see his development over the next year. ORNole having a QB back will really help with young WRs. So your point could be right. Off-Season work is key for this team.  

Joe,

No disagreement with any of your comments. Maybe I'm a little biased about this upcoming group because I have known most of them since they were five years old. They are special in ways that can't be measured with a stop watch or a scale. Rose colored glasses, I know, but I expect to be watching our boys play for a title later this year. Few believed NuCat when he said 10-0 last year. Fadneck will return for his senior year. Too early to say for sure, but I think Caleb Jackson will become a star, D Whitt will be a very solid corner and Colton Wade will surprise everyone with big, chain moving catches.

And as far as who MOVES from Oak Ridge --- bad juju, don't even think such a thing.

Edited by OR nole

Maybe I wasn't clear. Last year they had several kids returning that were major concerns for the other team.  Higgins was one of many.  He came on later in the season. Besides the Minor kid the others are possession type WR. I watch football all across the south. I think Higgins is tops in America.  But a WR can be taken out of the game, unless they have a good running game  and/or other WR that can hurt you against good teams. JMO I went to 6 Oak Ridge games this year.  Farragut DB defended HIggins. Teams that play off of him he will kill you. Teams that play on him, he does not have as big of games. I know the Jackson kid cause I know his father. I know of Minor's grandfather. Both of those guys are great and I am not undermining these boys, but of the ones you name, Minor is a big play guy that could step up and be the one to relieve pressure. I too think Jackson will be a steady WR and pretty sure the others you name are too. But it is unseen yet.  I would say all these kids would be prepared. But I'm thinking state championship not winning region 3.  

The first part of your post is solid and make some sense to me so I'm glad you explained. Thinking state championship is fine but realistically we haven't won in almost 25 years and our linemen and young secondary makes that seem unlikely.

Someone told me that the QB Fadnek was a Senior last year.  I'm almost certain that he was a junior. He looks like a QB. I hope he's a junior. Look forward to see his development over the next year. ORNole having a QB back will really help with young WRs. So your point could be right. Off-Season work is key for this team

GIJoe...Fadnek was a Junior last year so he'll be back. Last season he started out weighing 178 and right now he's at 195 and wants to be at least 205 by the time season starts. He has also grown another 1/2". His speed is picking up from a 5.29 40 to a 4.87 so I guess he's finally growing into his body and maturing. Logan is really excited about this coming year and truly thinks he will have more weapons to throw to like Caleb, Jarret and others to take some of the pressure off Tee.

The O-Line in my opinion won't be as big weight wise but will definitely be faster and maybe taller all the way across. I think the offense will be more diverse in their play calling this coming year just simply because of the personnel.

RWR !!!!!