Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

Nucat I believe our line being smaller might be a good thing being that the guys will get off the line of scrimmage quicker. I still think they will have enough size weight wise to be effective. Honestly as big as our guys were last year they were rather soft as a whole IMO. We couldn't run the ball effectively against above average defenses. Not sure what the deal was but we couldn't. Kinda baffling with the size of some of those guys. Sounds like Logan is coming along nicely.

SS, can't get to the bball games because junior can't stay up that late and get up on time for school.  Will see you at some tourney games for sure.  Say hello to my dad though. he's been going to the home games.

ORK I have seen him at a few and did say hi to him. He's one of if not the biggest Wildcat sports supporters I know. He loves his Wildcats. I like your dad a lot.

Nucat I believe our line being smaller might be a good thing being that the guys will get off the line of scrimmage quicker. I still think they will have enough size weight wise to be effective. Honestly as big as our guys were last year they were rather soft as a whole IMO. We couldn't run the ball effectively against above average defenses. Not sure what the deal was but we couldn't. Kinda baffling with the size of some of those guys. Sounds like Logan is coming along nicely.

SS, I'm with you...The faster O-Line just might be exactly what we need. These guys are only smaller in weight but definitely taller in height. We have several guys that are in the 6' 3" to 6' 6" range probably going around 260 right now so a good off season will help for sure.

Logan, Gavin, Matt and several other of the rising seniors are really fired up about this season and are taking on the leadership roles as they should. We have a few things go our way and it could be another special season.

RWR !!!!

Thanks Nucat and Nole. I too think a quicker line could prove valuable. I watched Rhea County line (small...munchkins come off the ball hard.) Also West Oline wasn't very big but came off the ball. I agree with SS too.  All good points.  We are looking at concerns which many fans do but from Gaddis return 1st year it seems OR faithful have a lot to look forward too.  Heck I was even talking about 8th graders. lol. But it seems one thing Gaddis has done is brought some excitement and enthusiasm back.  

Thanks Nucat and Nole. I too think a quicker line could prove valuable. I watched Rhea County line (small...munchkins come off the ball hard.) Also West Oline wasn't very big but came off the ball. I agree with SS too.  All good points.  We are looking at concerns which many fans do but from Gaddis return 1st year it seems OR faithful have a lot to look forward too.  Heck I was even talking about 8th graders. lol. But it seems one thing Gaddis has done is brought some excitement and enthusiasm back.  

Good point about the Rhea Co. OL. Me and my dad were talking about that the other day. In HS having a huge line isn't always a good thing. Some of the best running teams we have had through the years were smaller. I can remember having guards that weighed 215-225 that were short in stature, but were strong as oxes and got off the ball quick. With Rhea Co. offense they can't afford to have big slow guys because their guards are constantly pulling and trapping etc. I guess it just depends on the style of offense. For whatever reason those guys last year just didn't seem to fit the scheme. Who knows?