Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

Summers was head and shoulders above any back Oak Ridge has had. Gulmire was awesome especially aganst Farragut but who can forget the games Summers had against Knoxville Central and Gallatin. That guy deserves to be mentioned with only one other player, Jackie Pope.

I must add my father (RIP) always said Dave Griffith was the best. When I was at ORHS from 1979 - 1982 my favorite was my friend Kim Pettus.

Willie my dad has told me the same about Griffith. He told me he ran a sub 11 100 yard meter dash in 1951 and just think that was when guys ran on cinder block, not the good type tracks people run on today, so imagine his time on a current state of the art track. My dad told me General Neyland signed him to play at UT, but Dave was a Jehovah's Witness and nobody liked him because of that so the linemen wouldn't block for him or he probably would've been awesome @ UT. Coincidentally a guy by the name of Jack Armstrong played on those same Vols teams during those years. He went on to be a pretty good coach for The Wildcats :)

Summers was head and shoulders above any back Oak Ridge has had. Gulmire was awesome especially aganst Farragut but who can forget the games Summers had against Knoxville Central and Gallatin. That guy deserves to be mentioned with only one other player, Jackie Pope.

I must add my father (RIP) always said Dave Griffith was the best. When I was at ORHS from 1979 - 1982 my favorite was my friend Kim Pettus.

Summers -head and shoulders Better? I don't think so.

Willie my dad has told me the same about Griffith. He told me he ran a sub 11 100 yard meter dash in 1951 and just think that was when guys ran on cinder block, not the good type tracks people run on today, so imagine his time on a current state of the art track. My dad told me General Neyland signed him to play at UT, but Dave was a Jehovah's Witness and nobody liked him because of that so the linemen wouldn't block for him or he probably would've been awesome @ UT. Coincidentally a guy by the name of Jack Armstrong played on those same Vols teams during those years. He went on to be a pretty good coach for The Wildcats :)

good post..thanks

After watching middle school games, Graham is the most explosive runner I seen at that age in this area. I watched him also at the Rocky Top league last year 2013 at 12 years old playing with the 14 year old and he was by far the best thing there. Anytime a coach will give a kid the ball on 4th and 10 or more on your on goaline and he gets the first down or the touchdown the kid is amazing.  My buddy at CAK says he is the best he's seen. I hear people from Knoxville come out just to watch him play. His dad was darn good too I got to see him play. I also heard his grandfather Ronnie Graham, was one of the best athletes to come out of Oak Ridge, just came along at the wrong time.  

After watching middle school games, Graham is the most explosive runner I seen at that age in this area. I watched him also at the Rocky Top league last year 2013 at 12 years old playing with the 14 year old and he was by far the best thing there. Anytime a coach will give a kid the ball on 4th and 10 or more on your on goaline and he gets the first down or the touchdown the kid is amazing. My buddy at CAK says he is the best he's seen. I hear people from Knoxville come out just to watch him play. His dad was darn good too I got to see him play. I also heard his grandfather Ronnie Graham, was one of the best athletes to come out of Oak Ridge, just came along at the wrong time.

Here are some questions. How do you compare Graham and Jackson? How tall is Graham? Do you think either can help at the varsity level as freshmen? Can either play QB? Are there any QBs coming up in the next year or two?

Here are some questions. How do you compare Graham and Jackson? How tall is Graham? Do you think either can help at the varsity level as freshmen? Can either play QB? Are there any QBs coming up in the next year or two?

Not GIJoe, but I will tell you what I have seen from both. Not sure the exact height of Graham, but he isn't very tall from what I've seen, which isn't a big deal at the RB position. Gulmire and Summers were far from remotely tall. Graham and Jackson are both very fast. I live beside a kid that goes to Robertsville with both and he claims Jackson is faster, but I'd have to see them run head to head before I claimed who is faster because both can fly. Jackson supposedly won the 100M in Middle School this year from my understanding. Jackson comes over to me as a straight line runner with great speed. To me he doesn't look to be very limber in his legs meaning he isn't going to juke anybody out of their jock by any means, but Graham on the other hand will make you look like a fool in that regard. Jackson is bigger and stronger and just bigger built at his age. I could see Jackson actually being an awesome LB if he doesn't start @ RB. They are both freak athletes for 8th graders as you know. I could see both maybe playing some varsity time this coming year, but if either did I would think Jackson just because of his size. He has the build already as I was saying earlier. Caleb Martin played QB @ Jefferson, but I honestly don't know if they played him any on the frosh team there this past year. Boyfromsi can probably expound more upon that. But, if they do end up playing him there and not somewhere else I think he has the ability to be a very good QB. He is a great athlete. He can dunk a basketball in the 9th grade if that tells you anything. Not comparing his athletic ability to Tee's but he is the same type build, long and lanky.

Edited by SweetScience