Blue Cross Bowl: Ravenwood vs Maryville

BigDave1967

I am not so sure about that. I may be wrong but to go into Memphis like they did with a huge crowd and take care of business in an environment where a team could easily fold tells me something. Whitehaven is certainly not on Maryville or Ravenwood's level this year but are still one of the top 5 6a teams in the state. This is a big game and no matter how many times you get there...the kids are human beings and there are emotions.  Both teams will likely feel some nerves...maybe more from Ravenwood but who knows.

The key to this game will be the Ravenwood D. If they can hold Maryville to a reasonable score they can compete. Raven wood has the offense to go toe to toe with Maryville but if they do not make them punt the ball a few times, I am not sure they can win. 

I may misjudge Ravenwood. They are not my school but the team is in my backyard literally and I have watched them practice all year. They have quietly played into this championship game without many people giving them a chance. They are there for a reason and I think the coaches will have them ready mentally. But, you may be right. Oakland looked rattled to me going into the half. The body language of the players told me so

RAVENWOOD DOESN'T HAVE A SHOT....THEY ARE A TEAM THAT WILL HAVE TOO MUCH RESPECT FOR THE REBS AND CROWN THEM BEFORE THEY STEP ON THE FIELD....

Edited by baylorbigdog1976