GCA 2015

gcapride

And I hope they keep coming. Kids want to play for a winning team. If they come in 6th or 7th grade, you don't have a clue if they are going to be a factor in HS football. They don't even have hair at that point. You're grasping at air and getting a handful of nothing on that one. We play by the rules set by the TSSAA. Us "cats" are going deep again this year. If you make it far enough, we'll play on our field this time.

You are not by your self,all private schools that are successful in sports operate on transfers. The 6th and 7th grade thing is wrong, the ones that were good around here at that point are the one's thats burning it up at the high school level.You can spot talent at a fairly early age, some develope late and pass others ,but most of them develope at about the same rate.  Who knows if we will make it far enough to play you fellers or not but if we do,We,ll be glad to plat anywhere. I need to ride that Ram again anyhow.

And I hope they keep coming. Kids want to play for a winning team. If they come in 6th or 7th grade, you don't have a clue if they are going to be a factor in HS football. They don't even have hair at that point. You're grasping at air and getting a handful of nothing on that one. We play by the rules set by the TSSAA. Us "cats" are going deep again this year. If you make it far enough, we'll play on our field this time.

If the only way we could win was by drawing players from all the neartby schools, we wouldn;t have much to be proud of. Our community wouldn,t  be much interested.Win or lose I like our situation.Just 2 different worlds and your,es is easy. Well just stick with doing things the hard way. We won;t be a powerhouse every year but we will compete fairly well with teams who operate like we do. I can live with it. That being said,this may be our year,we usually have one about every 10 years, Is there a fund set aside for whoever draws the most kids, Raven said he was hunting Hogs today,everyone knows thats the term for lineman. Who was on skill position duty.

If the only way we could win was by drawing players from all the neartby schools, we wouldn;t have much to be proud of. Our community wouldn,t be much interested.Win or lose I like our situation.Just 2 different worlds and your,es is easy. Well just stick with doing things the hard way. We won;t be a powerhouse every year but we will compete fairly well with teams who operate like we do. I can live with it. That being said,this may be our year,we usually have one about every 10 years, Is there a fund set aside for whoever draws the most kids, Raven said he was hunting Hogs today,everyone knows thats the term for lineman. Who was on skill position duty.

If he's hunting for them in Tellico it might take him a while, might wanna roll up to Sweetwater, they got a few.

If the only way we could win was by drawing players from all the neartby schools, we wouldn;t have much to be proud of. Our community wouldn,t  be much interested.Win or lose I like our situation.Just 2 different worlds and your,es is easy. Well just stick with doing things the hard way. We won;t be a powerhouse every year but we will compete fairly well with teams who operate like we do. I can live with it. That being said,this may be our year,we usually have one about every 10 years, Is there a fund set aside for whoever draws the most kids, Raven said he was hunting Hogs today,everyone knows thats the term for lineman. Who was on skill position duty.

HAHA!! Hunting linemen.  That was probably the best response I've ever seen on the T.  BTW, where are you from Pujo

So the kids in 7th grade are bald??Now you are recruiting Monks??We all have seen The Hangover part two and we know them Monks are tough.I hope that Childress man dont find out about this mess,he will take the word Christian off your school!I bet they take a vow of silence too...LOL!Just jokin on you Pride. Edited by orngnblk

So the kids in 7th grade are bald??Now you are recruiting Monks??We all have seen The Hangover part two and we know them Monks are tough.I hope that Childress man dont find out about this mess,he will take the word Christian off your school!I bet they take a vow of silence too...LOL!Just jokin on you Pride.

Bald headed Monks. I like it. Wonder how much a plane ticket costs to Tibet?

All privates are powerhouses. All they have to do is open the doors and they win. There's no coaching or work required. It just happens year after year. Just look at Silverdale as your paradigm of hope. They are awesome every year......oh wait

And while we're at it let's consider the Boyd team which has struggled the last few but is on the verge of being pretty good again. it's just dumb luck that we are on the way back up. The kids getting together on their own had nothing to do with it. And the evolvement of CGR is also irrelevant. Yes when your a private all you have to do is open the doors and you win games.

(End of sarcastic rant)

All privates are powerhouses. All they have to do is open the doors and they win. There's no coaching or work required. It just happens year after year. Just look at Silverdale as your paradigm of hope. They are awesome every year......oh wait

And while we're at it let's consider the Boyd team which has struggled the last few but is on the verge of being pretty good again. it's just dumb luck that we are on the way back up. The kids getting together on their own had nothing to do with it. And the evolvement of CGR is also irrelevant. Yes when your a private all you have to do is open the doors and you win games.

(End of sarcastic rant)

We know its just hard on us small schools.BUT..Look at The Kings Academy,they were terrible for yrs(Harrison Chilhowee Baptist),they just put 20 in 1 quarter on AE.You have to admit it is frustrating.

(End of sarcastic rant)

Opening the doors won't cut it, you have to do alot more that that. The main thing you have to do is sell yourself to potential families. You see private schools who are really weak in sports and all of a sudden,they are contenders. It just comes down to how bad they want to win and how much money they are willing to sink into athletics. 

I don't think Pujo was saying its against the rules to transfer, but let me say this much. Most of the time of a kid is really good in 7th or 8th grade he turns into a really good HS player. Private schools don't have a community so to speak so yes kids come from all around to attend that school. If they depended on kids from only a 10 mile radius then the school couldn't survive. A lot of the kids are brought to a school with a great sports program and there is nothing wrong with doing it that way. I believe some schools do it right while others such as one in the Chattanooga area is destined to get hit hard with sanctions at some point.

(End of sarcastic rant)

What do you mean by this word 'sarcastic'?

BTW, tell reaction's Bucs, good luck