3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

We heard what cpa was going to do last year. They had a Mr.Football winner that was going to misery and a WR that was headed there too. They didn't impress me with anything. Until you can line up and stop what is cramming down your throat,you're bound to choke.I see Alcoa imposing their once again.

You may be right. I said last year that it would be a huge upset for CPA to win. No doubt Alcoa showed their dominance on the line last year and in the run game.  If it is the same this year on the line, then it is probably the same result. I think CPA has a better offensive scheme this year and will score some points. The question is, can they stop Alcoa enough times to keep it close?

You may be right. I said last year that it would be a huge upset for CPA to win. No doubt Alcoa showed their dominance on the line last year and in the run game. If it is the same this year on the line, then it is probably the same result. I think CPA has a better offensive scheme this year and will score some points. The question is, can they stop Alcoa enough times to keep it close?

Alcoa needs to control the clock as much as possible. CPA is a fast strike offense. Very similar to the good CAK teams. Also Alcoa will try and hurry the QB.

If Alcoa can get 3-4 yards a pop running the ball...they will continue regardless if the defense puts all 11 players on a postage stamp. Crazy, but it works.

Edited by BCsportsfan

West Tn. fb , Middle Tn. fb & East Tn. fb is all together different , you guys don't have a clue !!!!! So why is it sooo hard to get some of those West & Middle Tn. teams to play Alcoa???? We have a strong schedule , most want to play "Pitty Patty" ,teams to make them look good , Alcoa is  and not afraid to play 3A, 4A , 5A, or 6A teams!!!!!!! How many high school fb teams do that in your area ??

We do. In last few years we have played Brentwood, Ensworth, MBA, Pearl Cohn, Maplewood, East Lit, Lipscomb, Goodpasture (when they were good) and we have 4 4A teams in our district that all made the playoffs this year. I have no problem with Alcoa in 3A or with their schedule. They play Maryville every year, and they have CAK in their district.

We do. In last few years we have played Brentwood, Ensworth, MBA, Pearl Cohn, Maplewood, East Lit, Lipscomb, Goodpasture (when they were good) and we have 4 4A teams in our district that all made the playoffs this year. I have no problem with Alcoa in 3A or with their schedule. They play Maryville every year, and they have CAK in their district.

I heard a rumor last night that CPA is playing Ensworth, Pearl-Cohn, Knox Webb and Memphis ECS next year out of district. I have no idea if it is true or not.

Alcoa needs to control the clock as much as possible. CPA is a fast strike offense. Very similar to the good CAK teams. Also Alcoa will try and hurry the QB.

If Alcoa can get 3-4 yards a pop running the ball...they will continue regardless if the defense puts all 11 players on a postage stamp. Crazy, but it works.

You can't argue with success!  Maybe you all could cough it up a couple of times to help us out?  :)

Did that a lot against Maplewood. Ugly game. 5-6 turnovers? Hopefully that got all of it out of the pipeline? Sure hope so!!!

I guess Maplewood would be the only common opponent, but they were definitely down this year. So I am not sure what the comparison in the two games would mean. CPA had a good game against them earlier in the season with very few (or none that I remember) TOs. The subs played most of the second half. I think that Maplewood was better than they showed that night.

or pretended to be a woman 

Stupid little boy! Miss Walton has no time to get on here and listen to you cry about nothing, As for the Goon Squad pretending to be a woman I  know your referring to me. Why would they do that when they are already making you look stupid on here... personally the recruiting post are getting boring. :bored:  can't really talk about two good teams without someone whose teams are already playing basketball making no sense.. :roll: Now be a really good little boy and go sit in the corner. :thumb:  

As the only common opponent this year, CPA beat Maplewood 35-6 early in the year and Alcoa beat Maplewood 31-22 toward the end of the season. I just don't know if this is meaningful as a comparison. Maplewood has a really good coach, so I am sure that they got better as the season progressed.

..I'm guessing ND 7- CPA 42??!

Slants, prediction above on the Championship game if ND had been so lucky to have beat Alcoa............Alcoa beats ND by a score of 28-19..........CPA obviously better by his pick

You, Slant; a highly regarded Goon leader have hypothetically predicted CPA 42 - ND 7....the difference in score 35  (42-7=35)......now lets take into account what really went down last week when your team and ND played; Alcoa 28 - ND 19......the difference in score 9 (28-19=9)

Slants, ND hypothetical lost to CPA (42-7=35)

ND actual lost to Alcoa (28-19=9)

........so in essence Slant; you have just picked CPA to defeat your own team by 26 points......can someone that is not Alcoa Bias proof Slants prediction for Booger

Booger specifically ask the question above that is highlighted in red for reason.......the proof as to why that question was ask is posted in the responses below

Put your shoes on booger.

I have no idea what this means

. Boog you have completely lost it. However, I'm betting you never had it!

Booger, no one understands dribble

too predictable....not one CPA fan has had a problem seeing that Slant picked CPA as the better team over Alcoa

Booger just sayin.... :mrgreen: