Who are the top players by classes in TSSAA?

bballguru1

I've been reading the posts about the UC players with great interest. Having been a UC fan since 1960, I've seen all the good players over the years. From John Ed Miller to Greg Davis to Stanley Caldwell to Marquis Weddle to M. J. Brown; all of them all-staters, state tournament Mvp's, or Mr. Basketballs. There have been lots of other great high school players during that time playing for UC. I hope that I've learned a little about basketball during that time. While Stockdale and Simpson who are very good players and may be playing NAIA or JUCO basketball next year, Deberry will be playing division 1 next year. Let me explain why I think that. I also saw the game against Liberty. Stockdale hit 3 wide open 3 point shots because the defense was busing double teaming Deberry. All of Deberry's shots were contested. He was also bringing the ball up court against their press. If you'll watch during our remaining games you'll see how everyone else is benefitting from the attention defenses are paying to Marcus. I'm not trying to take away anything from anyone, they're all good players but when its all said and done if we have a Mr. B candidate it will be Deberry.

I hope all of us can let these kind of posts rest for a while. Stewart will be back soon and it would be a shame if we become a distraction from what may be a really special season of UC basketball.

I've been reading the posts about the UC players with great interest. Having been a UC fan since 1960, I've seen all the good players over the years. From John Ed Miller to Greg Davis to Stanley Caldwell to Marquis Weddle to M. J. Brown; all of them all-staters, state tournament Mvp's, or Mr. Basketballs. There have been lots of other great high school players during that time playing for UC. I hope that I've learned a little about basketball during that time. While Stockdale and Simpson who are very good players and may be playing NAIA or JUCO basketball next year, Deberry will be playing division 1 next year. Let me explain why I think that. I also saw the game against Liberty. Stockdale hit 3 wide open 3 point shots because the defense was busing double teaming Deberry. All of Deberry's shots were contested. He was also bringing the ball up court against their press. If you'll watch during our remaining games you'll see how everyone else is benefitting from the attention defenses are paying to Marcus. I'm not trying to take away anything from anyone, they're all good players but when its all said and done if we have a Mr. B candidate it will be Deberry.

I hope all of us can let these kind of posts rest for a while. Stewart will be back soon and it would be a shame if we become a distraction from what may be a really special season of UC basketball.

THANK YOU!!!Someone that understands.... I never knocked stock sales talent and what he does on the floor but deberry is a no brainer D1 prospect.

So your saying you gotta be a D1 prospect to get nominated? ??..I saw Free Hardamen up their looking at him and thats awsome for him and I hope he gets a great education their.But your wrong about some things you said. .I Never saw Liberty press one time.. Anybody can dribble the ball down the floor! And just how many assist did Stocdale get getting the ball to him?..The reason UC got beat in 2012 against LC was because Sisco put all his stock in Deberry that game and he he ended up going 0 for 19 and never even looked at Stockdale with a freshman guarding him..UC should have been state champs that year but Sisco got out coached by that sweet woman from Lake Co...Now I just gave u facts..Like it or not im sorry but it is what it is..GO TORNADOES!

Listen to what you are saying in 2012 that made them either a freshman or a sophomore and you said Sisco put his faith in dewberry.... Now you have to be pretty good for a coach to put faith in you at that age I don't care if he 0-100. I'm done with this Union city stuff because we are going back and forth on players like we are debating on the best player in the state and these 2 are no where in the heck close to that.

Wow! Calling a kid that is playing quality minutes at Tennessee, trash? That takes a lot of guts to say that. In fact, it speaks volume on the people that called him that... He didn't chose to be ranked in the top 20 in the country. He worked his #### off to be one of the most sought after players in the country his senior season. I have nothing to do with Hubbs personally, but find it very pitiful that people on a message board are calling out a kid like that....

• Upvote 2

Wow! Calling a kid that is playing quality minutes at Tennessee, trash? That takes a lot of guts to say that. In fact, it speaks volume on the people that called him that... He didn't chose to be ranked in the top 20 in the country. He worked his #### off to be one of the most sought after players in the country his senior season. I have nothing to do with Hubbs personally, but find it very pitiful that people on a message board are calling out a kid like that....

I'm sorry for saying trash, (my slang), that is what I used instead of saying not living up to potential.

I agree with all of what you just sad. That is pitiful. Hubbs may not be averaging 30 or 40 points a game, but he's still getting playing time. You can't be a scrub and get playing time. The person that typed that is sitting at a desk while he's suiting up in orange and white. Ijs... Lol... Sounds like a hater. I'm not a Dyer County fan, but that's just plain disrespectful. Smh...

The Mr.BB award will go to the one with the most hype. Thats what its all about now is this day and age. .Look at Hubbs!..He is at Tennessee and so far he has done absolutely nothing. .He was all hype and now Hubbs is a scrub!

????? HYPE?? AA Mr. Basketball 2012 Bradshaw at Belmont was one of the top scorers in the nation before he got hurt last week. AA Mr. Basketball 2013 Lindsey is the 6th man (and has 5th most playing time) as a freshman on a very good Providence team. AA Mr. Basketball 2014 Blackwell is rated top 30 in the nation in his class. Hubbs could be the exception, not the rule, and he isn't done yet.

Hey Galilee, Is the Stockdale kid good enough to be in the conversation for Mr.BB. Just asking?

Maybe, I have not seen a ot of 1A players. I thing Martin amd Echols from Mitchell, Vallentine for sure. He was a beast in the state last year. The Campbell kid is good. I saw him on tape last year. Stockdale is good I just have to see him against better comp.