2014 THSSCA All-State Players

Booger

ok, some one has to explain this to me. in the past high school coaches would get an email from the THSSCA to nominate players for all-state from their team or teams they played. Then a list was sent out of the nominees to coaches to vote on and that is how the all-state teams were picked.

now for the A-AA team, they allow each team that makes the state tournament an allotted number of players, and then they pick up to four players from the entire state who were not in the state tournment and coaches dont get a vote or say in who is nominated. this seems unfair to really deserving players whose teams don't make it to state. having watched many games from around my area, there are a lot fo deserving players who are not even given a shot at this if their team is not a state tournament team.

and this is crazy. in AAA they picked a team of 48 players. in A-AA they picked 19 players. in AAA they picked more forwards than A-AA picked for the entire team. I know all-state should means something and not be a particpation award, but 48 is a little high and 19 probably isn't enough.

Congrats to all the girls!  Thought Alwyn Fisher at Signal deserved a look in A-AA, but if you don't get out of district, tough to get noticed.  Thanks for posting this Booger.  She had a great hat trick beating Boyd this year.  Guessing she'll play for CFC professional women's team next year with her sister.  UTC's women's soccer program has to step up to be attractive to our good local players.  

Saw many region team ODP players and ECNL players out of Atlanta on that list.

These lists aren't perfect but that doesn't diminish the accomplishments of these girls. In all honesty great HS players are left off all the time. Coaches egos are a big reason. I know of a kid with 25 goals and 18 assists (led her team in both categories) that didn't even make all district honorable mention. lol Her team got 3 players on the All District team btw.

Congrats to those kids for having great seasons!

we don't even pick an all-dtrict team in our district.....our girls and parents have to wait on the all-state and times free press best of preps to get their feelings hurt......they actually even stopped giving team awards this year......my daughters club coach never gave out any individual awards all the years she played for him, which made him look genius......

congrats to all the girls