Father Ryan won the Moeller Super 8 Duals

SportsTNFan

You did not say DI in the beginning.  My question was "Is Father Ryan the best in the state".  You said no.  That is when the questions about your response started.  It is clear you think Cleveland is the best in the state period. 

Yes I think theyre the best D1 team in the state until someone from D1 beats them in a Dual. My argument is that Ryan beating WC in a DUAL and WC finshing higher than Cleveland in a TRADITIONAL tourney does not mean Ryan is automatically better than Cleveland. Again, A is not better than C.

First off, you spelled my name wrong. Next, Cleveland did not have 14 seniors last year so your arguement is null and void. Third, even hypothetically we'll say your fairy tale land scenerio has occured. Yes, a win over a team in a traditional style tournament does not make you the better dual team regardless of any scenerio. Thats just common sense, and it still doesnt make A better than C.

And I never said they WOULDNT beat them, I said until that day comes, Cleveland still gets my vote as the best D1 team in the state.

I'm not saying they would beat them I understand that beating somebody in traditional doesn't mean you will win a dual but when father Ryan beats Wilson central with ease and wilson central beats Cleveland in a traditional tournament with ease it just makes it seem that father Ryan would win is all. Regardless my pick is Bradley in the state of Tennessee.

First off, you spelled my name wrong. Next, Cleveland did not have 14 seniors last year so your arguement is null and void. Third, even hypothetically we'll say your fairy tale land scenerio has occured. Yes, a win over a team in a traditional style tournament does not make you the better dual team regardless of any scenerio. Thats just common sense, and it still doesnt make A better than C.

And I never said they WOULDNT beat them, I said until that day comes, Cleveland still gets my vote as the best D1 team in the state.

Please show me in my post where I said Cleveland had 14 seniors because I must have forgot i put that in there.

Yes I think theyre the best D1 team in the state until someone from D1 beats them in a Dual. My argument is that Ryan beating WC in a DUAL and WC finshing higher than Cleveland in a TRADITIONAL tourney does not mean Ryan is automatically better than Cleveland. Again, A is not better than C.

Before you get on to somebody for misspelling something, re-read your post that is quoted above.  I believe next time you will keep quiet.  As for your response, you are now changing your tune to DI.  That was not the question.  The question was the best in the state and you said no, it was Cleveland.  Now you are changing your tune to say DI.  Again, you are skirting what you got called on.  Is Ryan the best or not?  If not, who is?

I will make it every more simple for you WG.  Regardless of division, level, private or public, who has the best team in the state?  So far, Father Ryan has done pretty good considering the competition they have competed against.  Is it Cleveland, Bradley, Wilson Central, Baylor?

Edited by hoosierdad

Before you get on to somebody for misspelling something, re-read your post that is quoted above.  I believe next time you will keep quiet.  As for your response, you are now changing your tune to DI.  That was not the question.  The question was the best in the state and you said no, it was Cleveland.  Now you are changing your tune to say DI.  Again, you are skirting what you got called on.  Is Ryan the best or not?  If not, who is?

I will make it every more simple for you WG.  Regardless of division, level, private or public, who has the best team in the state?  So far, Father Ryan has done pretty good considering the competition they have competed against.  Is it Cleveland, Bradley, Wilson Central, Baylor?

I dont care what you have quoted above or if you think I should keep quiet or not. I believe Cleveland is the best D1 team in the state until another team beats them. I believe that Ryan beating WC and WC finishing higher than them in a tourney does not mean Ryan beats Cleveland. Thats what I believe, your thoughts regarding me, my opionions or whatever is irrelivant. What does it matter? Youre coming on trying to pick a fight because I didnt say the words "division one", grow up. Stop trying to pick fights on a message board. Try to act like an adult instead of lashing out and acting like a child if someone says something you dont like. We're all entitled to our own opionions.

Edited by WrestlingGod

I dont care what you have quoted above or if you think I should keep quiet or not. I believe Cleveland is the best D1 team in the state until another team beats them. I believe that Ryan beating WC and WC finishing higher than them in a tourney does not mean Ryan beats Cleveland. Thats what I believe, your thoughts regarding me, my opionions or whatever is irrelivant. What does it matter? Youre coming on trying to pick a fight because I didnt say the words "division one", grow up. Stop trying to pick fights on a message board. Try to act like an adult instead of lashing out and acting like a child if someone says something you dont like. We're all entitled to our own opionions.

WG,

Your ignorance is getting the best of you.  I did not lash out.  I asked a simple question, you answered, people asked how you came up with your response and then you changed your story. 

A few facts for you:

1.  You get upset because somebody misspelled your name; however, every time you post, there are incorrect spellings and terrible grammer, not to mention misuse of the English language.  Would you like for me to hightlight all of the errors?  It would look like my 3rd grade English paper.

2.  When did I say you should keep quiet.  That would be so untrue.  I enjoy reading your babble.  It is entertaining similiar to Sommers.

3.  You should stick to one answer and not bounce back in forth.  It really makes you look uneducated.  When somebody ask a question, answer it honestly.  Do not change back and forth.  Stay with your gut feeling.

4.  Not trying to pick a fight.  I only pointed out how you changed your tune and your answer.  If that is trying to pick a fight, consider me guilty as charged.  What does it make you???  Please do not answer.

5.  Lastly, I am an adult and try to carry on an adult conversation; however, with you, it is difficult.  I will try to lower my expectations and talk to you like I would a 1st grader.  Leave little Thadd alone.  Agree with everything regardless of how baseless it is.  We do not want to upset the young grass hopper!

Edited by hoosierdad

Cleveland, Bradley, Baylor, McCallie, Father Ryan, and Wilson Central all have very strong teams again this year and by February each of these teams will be very evenly matched. The D1 and D2 state duals should be very exciting, I don't expect a blow-out in either. I don't think Cleveland is really down this year, they're probably not as stacked from bottom to top as in recent years but still very competitive and more equally matched with the other top teams. With some key veterans missing in early December I wouldn't expect Cleveland to top the 'rankings' just yet, not until everyone is healthy. Besides, I'd rather be at the top of the podium at the end of the season than at the top of the rankings all season. By February I think Cleveland and Bradley will probably have the best two teams in D1 and I wouldn't rule out McCallie and Baylor in D2.

Its obvious Cleveland is having a down year, everyone knew this was coming. They will regain their strength by February. But, they lost hammers in Ethan West, Josh Hamilton, and Austin Stevison from graduation also Debian due to injury. All of those guys were top two in the state and when you graduate that many good guys obviously your team will take a loss. However, Father Ryan lost good guys but they retained a lot of their strength. They lost John Hagey, Ryan Simpson, Hunter Duff, and Michael Ekhart. And you can clearly see the difference in Father Ryan's upper weights but they make it up with their little boys. This would be a real great match and i think the real fight would be the lower weights going at it. 

Personally, i don't think Cleveland is the best team in the state and it is ignorant to assume they are number one just because of the previous year. I do however think they will retain their division 1 state title when it comes in February.

Cleveland's lineup was not set in the ooltewah invitational. Lots of guy's wrestling up. State champ Debien out, and Kennedy as well And they also gave up a forfeit. yet still had 5 champs and 4 placers out of 13 so not bad. Rankings in December don't mean squat . They will be ready come february

Edited by fooseball96

Impressive.  Beat one of the better teams in Kentucky as well as 2 of the better teams in Ohio.  Is Father Ryan that good?  I read earlier how they beat Wilson Central pretty good.  Are they the top team in Tennessee?

Cleveland's lineup was not set in the ooltewah invitational. Lots of guy's wrestling up. State champ Debien out, and Kennedy as well And they also gave up a forfeit. yet still had 5 champs and 4 placers out of 13 so not bad. Rankings in December don't mean squat . They will be ready come february

Mr. fooseball96,

I do not believe hoosierdad was talking about February, I think he was talking about right now? I do agree with you and understand debian is hurt pretty seriously, but until he is back in the lineup, who has the best with debian's absence and who has the best team when Cleveland has him back?

• Upvote 1

As long as there are multiple divisions no one will truly know who the best team in the state is in February. Most of all of the top tier teams face each other either in December or early January but many times those teams are different teams that show up in February because of football, injuries, sicknesses, weight, etc. Granted all teams should theoretically improve over the course of the season but there are other factors to consider early in the season that can't be ignored. By February each team is expected to be at their best, too bad we can't see the best against the best at their best in February.

Edited by rlwest40

Father Ryan won the Moeller Super 8 Duals on Saturday. [/size]First Round:[/size]Father Ryan 54 Westerville North, OH 21[/size]Quarterfinals:[/size]Father Ryan 36 St. Xavier, KY 34[/size]Semifinals:[/size]Father Ryan 40 Archbishop Moeller, OH 32[/size]Finals:[/size]Father Ryan 33 Elyria, OH 25 [/size]