Statewide 3A 2015

Swarm

I never want to underestimate the leadership and hard play of this year's senior class. They were a great bunch of kids that grew up at CAK and played their hearts out, and we would not have been nearly as good as we were this year without them. The Kolinsky young man comes to mind. Hate to lose these guys, but wish them success in their futures.

Having said that, the fact is that it was a really small senior class with only about 7 kids. CAK started a large number of freshmen and sophomores. I am not quite as honed in as I was when my kids were still in school, so I hate to give exact numbers, but I will say that the majority of the starters on both sides of the ball will be back, and just about the entire offensive unit comes back. The QB was a soph, and none of the WR or RB were older than juniors. They will have good speed and hands at the skill positions.

We graduated 20+ seniors, so it'll be a challenge next year. Granted, we got some skill players returning, several of which just haven't started a game yet.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We graduated 20+ seniors, so it'll be a challenge next year. Granted, we got some skill players returning, several of which just haven't started a game yet.

Alcoa always has great skill players. But IMO, the biggest difference in Alcoa and the rest of 3A is that year after year after year, they are able to field skilled OL and DL with SIZE. This is a huge challenge at CAK. My estimate is that in virtually every 3A game, Alcoa is able to control the trenches, and that allows even "very good" skill players who may not reach the "great" category to excel. Losing 20 seniors is tough, but with 90+ on the roster, I know that Alcoa is the team to beat next year, for the east and for the championship.

Alcoa always has great skill players. But IMO, the biggest difference in Alcoa and the rest of 3A is that year after year after year, they are able to field skilled OL and DL with SIZE. This is a huge challenge at CAK. My estimate is that in virtually every 3A game, Alcoa is able to control the trenches, and that allows even "very good" skill players who may not reach the "great" category to excel. Losing 20 seniors is tough, but with 90+ on the roster, I know that Alcoa is the team to beat next year, for the east and for the championship.

If I'm not mistaken, we graduate nearly our entire offensive and defensive lines. Decker will be back, as will Ryan Clark. I'm not sure who will replace them, but no one will for a few months anyway.

If I'm not mistaken, we graduate nearly our entire offensive and defensive lines. Decker will be back, as will Ryan Clark. I'm not sure who will replace them, but no one will for a few months anyway.

Both #77 and #55 were Soph that started on OL this year. They will provide leadership as well. Others got playing time so I expect us to be good if not very good on both sides.

Both #77 and #55 were Soph that started on OL this year. They will provide leadership as well. Others got playing time so I expect us to be good if not very good on both sides.

Not sure how they slipped my mind, but you're correct. I guess I was just exaggerating since we lost most of it. But since we have those 2 coming back, I feel better about our line now. :thumb: