Statewide 3A 2015

Swarm

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall threads like this the last couple of years, and this is usually the point where someone says, "Alcoa #1, and beyond that it doesn't matter." It sure makes it a more interesting conversation with Alcoa not being the one to bring home the gold ball 3 out of the last 4 years. Make no mistake, IMO Alcoa is still the team to beat in 2015, and that includes CPA. But at this point, I think CPA, CAK, Notre Dame, and Milan have a legitimate shot at bringing home the title. (Disclaimer: I have a pretty good feel for what Alcoa, CAK, and CPA are returning, but don't know much about what ND or Milan bring back.) It certainly makes 3A more interesting, and I have to think that even applies to many of the Alcoa fans.

Who replaces Tyson at RB for Alcoa?

Nah. We are good buddies though. Him being a former coach gives a little different perspective than me. I played and only concentrated on what I had to do to win. Didn't matter if u were public or private. If you wanted to beat your opponent put in the work and get it done.

Your Dawgs are gonna be tough next year, but your region is gonna be real good.

Reg 7 is going to be a beast, with Dyersburg, Liberty, Milan, Westview.

Dyersburg and Liberty dropped down from 4a last year. Dyersburg's record in the last 4 seasons under Coach Stowe is 37-10. I suspect that Dyersburg, Milan and Liberty will be the ones that will fight year in and out for the top spot. Not any one of those teams are going to dominate this district.

For 2015 the region should be between Dyersburg and Milan, as both were young last year.

Both teams return the bulk of their starters, and will be junior heavy, so they will be good for several years.

Dyersburg will have two of regions best running backs in Deshun Fields and Sahid Nelson, and they may elect to take the wraps off early and start a freshmen back who could be very, very special. :)

SYKES is a big upright running freshman this year who will see lots of playing time early.... 26 will be the man but is a speed guy who gives up about 50lbs to TYSON.... 26 was also a state champion wrestler last year as a soPh ...

Agreed! Jalynn Sykes and Karim Shereef would likely be the guys if the season started tomorrow. We have more backs though.

Who all does CAKe lose? I know not much at all

I never want to underestimate the leadership and hard play of this year's senior class. They were a great bunch of kids that grew up at CAK and played their hearts out, and we would not have been nearly as good as we were this year without them. The Kolinsky young man comes to mind. Hate to lose these guys, but wish them success in their futures.

Having said that, the fact is that it was a really small senior class with only about 7 kids. CAK started a large number of freshmen and sophomores. I am not quite as honed in as I was when my kids were still in school, so I hate to give exact numbers, but I will say that the majority of the starters on both sides of the ball will be back, and just about the entire offensive unit comes back. The QB was a soph, and none of the WR or RB were older than juniors. They will have good speed and hands at the skill positions.