Combined rankings

MatWiz

You are ignorant Mr West. Let's say every single match goes exactly how it did Friday. Let's add Debian and Kennedy into the mix and let's say best case cernario for both of these kid is to win by fall that still only puts Cleveland winning by 3. So tell me how Cleveland wins by 10-14 with Debian and Kennedy? I think you are forgetting that Chalifoux is an all American so it's not like he is going to roll over for Debian.

U sound like a hater, and BTW Debien won't be wrestling at 126

You are ignorant of the facts yourself if you assume Debien would face Chalifoux and Kennedy would wrestle heavy weight. Kennedy beat Stacey last year so there's a possible 6 point swing and Debien would not be pinned by King so there's another 9 point swing at least. That's 15 points in those two matches alone if they only win by decision. Granted one of your excused 'upsets' doesn't happen again and it's safe to project a +/-10 point win margin.

No ones making excuses but still you can't ignore the obvious no matter how ignorant you are. Father Ryan won on the 8th tie breaker criteria so yes they got the W Friday but as far as rankings go I would not rank them higher than Cleveland considering the circumstances. Every team will improve but I didn't see any state champs and state placers sitting out for FR Friday night. Don't worry though, rankings really don't mean anything so don't let one person's opinion get you down.

Edited by rlwest40

You are ignorant of the facts yourself if you assume Debien would face Chalifoux and Kennedy would wrestle heavy weight. Kennedy beat Stacey last year so there's a possible 6 point swing and Debien would not be pinned by King so there's another 9 point swing at least. That's 15 points in those two matches alone if they only win by decision. Granted one of your excused 'upsets' doesn't happen again and it's safe to project a +/-10 point win margin.

No ones making excuses but still you can't ignore the obvious no matter how ignorant you are. Father Ryan won on the 8th tie breaker criteria so yes they got the W Friday but as far as rankings go I would not rank them higher than Cleveland considering the circumstances. Every team will improve but I didn't see any state champs and state placers sitting out for FR Friday night. Don't worry though, rankings really don't mean anything so don't let one person's opinion get you down.

My apologies for not knowing every single weigh class of every Cleveland wrestler I was simply going off what he wrestled last year nor do you know where every father ryan wrestler will end up so why say Cleveland is better than father ryan when neither are at full strength. You can fight me all you want, but both teams had wrestlers out and not at the right weight classes. The facts are facts father ryan beat Cleveland whether it be by 30 or 8th criteria father ryan still won.

Calling another ignorant while admitting ignorance. I believe that says it all.

Please explain to all of those ignorant of the fact, how is Father Ryan not at full strength? Which wrestlers are currently not in their line-up? Missing state placers and nationally ranked wrestlers is not quite the same as improving by the end of the season or dropping a weight class now is it?

Kennedy did not wrestle HWT last year and it's ignorant to assume Debien would still be at 126.

Yes we already established the fact that Father Ryan got the win on the 8th criteria. No ones arguing that fact. Based on circumstances I still ranked FR below Cleveland and you continue to whine about it as if my opinion will effect Father Ryan's state seed.

Please explain to all of those ignorant of the fact, how is Father Ryan not at full strength? Which wrestlers are currently not in their line-up? Missing state placers and nationally ranked wrestlers is not quite the same as improving by the end of the season or dropping a weight class now is it?

Kennedy did not wrestle HWT last year and it's ignorant to assume Debien would still be at 126.

Yes we already established the fact that Father Ryan got the win on the 8th criteria. No ones arguing that fact. Based on circumstances I still ranked FR below Cleveland and you continue to whine about it as if my opinion will effect Father Ryan's state seed.

Just thought i would clear up the fact that you have a team ranked about another team although they beat them regardless of the circumstances.

You are ignorant Mr West. Let's say every single match goes exactly how it did Friday. Let's add Debian and Kennedy into the mix and let's say best case cernario for both of these kid is to win by fall that still only puts Cleveland winning by 3. So tell me how Cleveland wins by 10-14 with Debian and Kennedy? I think you are forgetting that Chalifoux is an all American so it's not like he is going to roll over for Debian.

Why are you so argumentative in your posts? Debien is way bigger than Chalifoux so they won't be wrestling. Yes, Chalifoux is an all American in what, Greco? Sometimes that doesn't parlay into guaranteed success as evidenced in his match with Landers. Also, isn't Chalifoux going to be at 120? Do you even know anything about what you are talking about or do you just try to rile people up? In this hypothetical match up I'm sure Debien would wrestle where they need a point swing. Debien is atleast 2-3 weight classes bigger than Chalifoux

Just thought i would clear up the fact that you have a team ranked about another team although they beat them regardless of the circumstances.

I think everyone would agree with Mr West based on the facts. Father Ryan won on 8th criteria while missing two studs. Does that mean Father Ryan can't reverse some of those matches they lost? Of course it doesn't. But rankings are just opinions and I'm pretty sure most would agree Cleveland is better based on the facts at hand. It's really a moot point and doesn't matter. The more relevant question is can Father Ryan beat Baylor this year? I think Baylor gave up a few forfeits and had some kids just getting back on the mat from football and still won.

Edited by chattwrestle

as I was looking last night both teams do not have nationally ranked kids and if you're talking about Debian, he is not ranked on flo.

Yes I was referring to Debien, I never claimed FR had a nationally ranked wrestler. There are more than one HS national rankings and he is a multi all-American and has been on more than one national rankings list throughout HS. He did miss some vital competition in the offseason due to injury and that can really cost you in the rankings as they usually go off of recent results. I've seen many wrestlers ranked fairly high and drop completely out after missing a national tournament.

Edited by rlwest40

Looking into February 2015 you can likely expect a similar response from coach Simpson as this one earlier this year as quoted by Maurice Patton of the Tennessean...

Quote: "When the season started, we thought we had a good enough team to win it. You worry about injuries, kids getting in the right weight class, that kind of stuff, but we had 13 kids in the top four (places) at state, and we felt like because of what we had, that was going to allow us to win. We had more kids capable of being top four (than other teams). That's what you've got to do to win it most years. You want your team to.... peak at the right time.... and wrestle your best. We had some kids that I'm sure were disappointed they didn't do better, but overall we wrestled about as well as we could wrestle."