Combined rankings

MatWiz

You have Jonathan Martin HM @ 160 after a win over Morrice but he is at 170.

I agree 220 is crazy but I would compare quality wins for each wrestler. Gaither has wins over both Schmissrauter and Kramer. He did lose a close match to Stacey on a controversial call. Schmissrauter has a win over Stacey and Stacey has a win over Gaither but does Schmissrauter or Stacey have any other wins over top 6 opponents? I'm not sure if they do or not but with each losing to each other it's helpful to compare the number of quality wins against other ranked opponents.

I would expect to see a couple more Baylor wrestlers on the list.

Edited by rlwest40

A few changes have been edited to the list so go check them out and see what you think. Thank you for filling me in on a few of these. 

Actually I saw one high school national ranking where Garstin was listed nationally because of his tough placing at liberty two years ago earning him all American status. So I do believe they are of equal value. Also Sutherland is down at 160 and defeated Marcelo Morrice with blissful ease. And Russo went 0-2 before getting injured.

MatWiz please correct these rankings because i have accuratley found out the issue. You attend a public school therefore you leave out many private school kids deserving of a rank.

Wester Wrestler, I do not attend a public school. Nor do i attend a Private school. I am a little old for that! Thank you for your insight that seems to be heavily biased that sways towards one way. Garstin is no where near the caliber of Debian. Sure he may have done well in one tournament but he is not as good as Debian. I was also unaware that Sutherland had gone down to 160.

You have Jonathan Martin HM @ 160 after a win over Morrice but he is at 170.

I agree 220 is crazy but I would compare quality wins for each wrestler. Gaither has wins over both Schmissrauter and Kramer. He did lose a close match to Stacey on a controversial call. Schmissrauter has a win over Stacey and Stacey has a win over Gaither but does Schmissrauter or Stacey have any other wins over top 6 opponents? I'm not sure if they do or not but with each losing to each other it's helpful to compare the number of quality wins against other ranked opponents.

I would expect to see a couple more Baylor wrestlers on the list.

Mr. West, I adjusted to reflect what you are saying about 220. However, i still believe any of those guys could claim the top spot. Also, which other Baylor kids would you expect to be on the list? They have 9 kids on there and that is a lot considering we are talking top 5 in the entire state. Please inform me which kids should be on there?

In addition you said Jonathan Martin is at 170, and he isn't in the top 5 at 160. I see him sitting at the #6 spot in both 160 and 170 so time will tell where he will fall in and how he can make the top 5

Edited by MatWiz

Actually I saw one high school national ranking where Garstin was listed nationally because of his tough placing at liberty two years ago earning him all American status. So I do believe they are of equal value. Also Sutherland is down at 160 and defeated Marcelo Morrice with blissful ease. And Russo went 0-2 before getting injured.

MatWiz please correct these rankings because i have accuratley found out the issue. You attend a public school therefore you leave out many private school kids deserving of a rank.

Do you think he cares if his name is on a website listed with four other kids in his weight, I doubt it. Second, hes not better than Debian, regardless of national ranking, his in state and even out of state accomplishments just aren't where Debian's are. Third, if you care so much about Garstin being ranked make your own, then you can have him ranked number one at every weight class!

Bottom line, rankings are just one persons opinion. If you want him at a certain place, do your own.

Edited by WrestlingGod

Do you think he cares if his name is on a website listed with four other kids in his weight, I doubt it. Second, hes not better than Debian, regardless of national ranking, his in state and even out of state accomplishments just aren't where Debian's are. Third, if you care so much about Garstin being ranked make your own, then you can have him ranked number one at every weight class!

Bottom line, rankings are just one persons opinion. If you want him at a certain place, do your own.

Could you enlighten me with intellectual intellegince and share your own rankings so i can finally have some accurate rankings on here?

I made an error there. Powell did Pin Ezra in the first tournament of the year in Georgia but Ezra avenged the loss this weekend at the Cleveland duals with a major. 

Was the pin a fluke or is Powell the real deal this year? Seems like he has turned some heads early on. Saw where he beat a returning state champ, but lost a couple in Cleveland.

Not  a bad start. I will add a few results I know for sure.

o

113- Trevor Milling ( Baylor) has defeated Cody Mathews ( Cleveland) multiple times this year rather comfortably. 

120- Trey Chalifoux ( Father Ryan) wrestled 120 at the Cleveland duals.he wrestled 126 the night before vs Cleveland. Jack Reynolds (Baylor) Defeated Mcelhaney (bradley) in their dual last week by 7pts .

145- Caleb Powell ( Baylor) has defeated Ezra Taylor (cleveland) and Wesnofske ( Father Ryan ) this year. By pin and major if I remember correctly.  

152- Caleb Canada ( Baylor) defeated Nich Naughton ( Father Ryan)  

160- Sutherland is at 160 not 170. He wrestled up at 170 in his first match of the season vs Bradley County last week and against Martin from Cleveland this weekend. He defeated Maurice ( Father Ryan ) at 160 this weekend.  Russo ( Soddy) wrestled 152 at the Cleveland duals.

170- Seagraves (Baylor)  is at 170 not 182. He wrestled up at 182 in a  couple of matches to help fill a void. 

Youthcoach, Where did Powell beat Taylor at? Didnt Taylor beat him at the Cleveland duals? 

Also, is your son healthy now? I see he just started wrestling. 

Not sure why Garrison is number 2 behind Sutherland when Garrison has yet to lose a match in two years when Sutherland has already dropped one this past weekend. Also Garstin was ranked as high as 11th nationally before his injury which set him back.

Have these two ever wrestled? I know they have both wrestled since they were kids and have always been roughly the same size. I can see your argument about Garrison being undefeated but you also cant penalize a kid who got beat by the super32 champion in his first tournament of the season. To say Blackman and Baylor wrestle the same quality opponents would be ludicrous. That being said, I would love to see those two wrestle. 

As far as Garstin goes. When was he nationally ranked? Are you talking about as a kid or in high school? Has he ever started for Father Ryan? Comparing placing at the Liberties and top high school tournaments is crazy. Most states wont allow their kids to wrestle in the liberty nationals so you mostly get Jv high school kids. It is more of a youth tournament isnt it?