marion Co football 2015

I didn't really see anyone on the back burner to replace Zeman or Brooks or Tudors. Is J. Henderson a Senior? It'll be hard to replace those guys and have a season as good as this one.

Big shoes to fill is what I been saying. Who will or can carry the rock up the middle like Zeman ?

Big shoes to fill is what I been saying. Who will or can carry the rock up the middle like Zeman ?

No one will carry it like Zeman did. I don't think the offense they ran this year is exactly what they want to run. Next year you will see more speed on the field. I was told to look for saylors at fullback next year. I Also think they will throw the ball a little more next year. You have a good looking athlete in Kane hale and it will be interesting to see if massengale goes back to tight end and Kane takes over at qb. As for zemans spot on defense I think the coaches are looking for help out of Hansard . Maybe some new kids move in also.

Translation?

He wasn't happy with the schedule he inherited. He said it's about winning it all and playing stiffer competition would help in the playoffs. The softer schedule didn't really hurt this season because they made it to Cookeville but next season will be a different story. It all boils down to taking a chance on losing a game or two to see different styles of offense and learning from it. Sure everyone would like to go 10-0 but you could finish 10-1. You could go 7-3 and that help you to have a better playoff run.

He wasn't happy with the schedule he inherited. He said it's about winning it all and playing stiffer competition would help in the playoffs. The softer schedule didn't really hurt this season because they made it to Cookeville but next season will be a different story. It all boils down to taking a chance on losing a game or two to see different styles of offense and learning from it. Sure everyone would like to go 10-0 but you could finish 10-1. You could go 7-3 and that help you to have a better playoff run.

Do you think im stupid? That Childress man said next year non district games dont hurt you making the playoffs. I garuntee you since he is going to get spring training this year then he should not be behind like last year. You think im joking but im not.

Good points. I was a bit confused because I noted they scheduled South Pittsburg and Grundy (discretionary games) in their upcoming two year cycle. The reason it was an elusive concept was based upon the following:

Q: Of their 9 regular season victories, what team(s) played them in the closest margin of victory?

A: Whitwell (33-6)  and Grundy (49-22) both 27 point victories

Q: Of the two teams listed, who held them to the fewest points (among their regular season victories) of any regular season opponent?

A: Whitwell

I believe Coach Ross and his staff to be very good coaches and considering this, I also know they are very meticulous in their game planning. So much so, that they realize we had three starting Offensive Lineman that did not play in the game against them (#5, #70 and #53), yet we played them closer than seven of their other regular season victories. Now, factor in that we will be bringing back all three of our running backs from a backfield that led the State of Tennessee in Rushing in 2A for the regular season and I think I can deduce through rational inference what transpired...

Everybody I've talked to who is familiar with Football in the Sequatchie Valley and the traditional rivalries were shocked to find out they would not play us. I offered four different dates (Weeks 4, 6, 8, and 10) a week prior to the Region Meetings (and I retained documentation regarding same). 

• Upvote 1