marion Co football 2015

It means you didn't fit the profile coach, sorry. BTW, you are doing a good job with your young men.

Hixson deal was in the making already this summer. We are going to keep SP for obvious reasons. The Grundy game this past season was changed to Thursday night and GC was told we would do the same next season for them so it would be the only game and thus a bigger gate. Out of district games really boil down to gate money and even though I would rather play Whitwell they haven't traveled well in past years. They are on an upswing I believe and that will translate into more fans.

Good points. I was a bit confused because I noted they scheduled South Pittsburg and Grundy (discretionary games) in their upcoming two year cycle. The reason it was an elusive concept was based upon the following:

Q: Of their 9 regular season victories, what team(s) played them in the closest margin of victory?

A: Whitwell (33-6)  and Grundy (49-22) both 27 point victories

Q: Of the two teams listed, who held them to the fewest points (among their regular season victories) of any regular season opponent?

A: Whitwell

I believe Coach Ross and his staff to be very good coaches and considering this, I also know they are very meticulous in their game planning. So much so, that they realize we had three starting Offensive Lineman that did not play in the game against them (#5, #70 and #53), yet we played them closer than seven of their other regular season victories. Now, factor in that we will be bringing back all three of our running backs from a backfield that led the State of Tennessee in Rushing in 2A for the regular season and I think I can deduce through rational inference what transpired...

Everybody I've talked to who is familiar with Football in the Sequatchie Valley and the traditional rivalries were shocked to find out they would not play us. I offered four different dates (Weeks 4, 6, 8, and 10) a week prior to the Region Meetings (and I retained documentation regarding same).

I think that Ross man is skeered to play you. I garuntee you he is if he had 4 different weeks to play and wouldnt. You should call that Griffith man and tell him to make that Ross man play you. Make sure to turn in your survey for my Murphy Fair book to. I get real mad when these coaches want turn them into Murphy. You think im joking but im not.

Good points. I was a bit confused because I noted they scheduled South Pittsburg and Grundy (discretionary games) in their upcoming two year cycle. The reason it was an elusive concept was based upon the following:

Q: Of their 9 regular season victories, what team(s) played them in the closest margin of victory?

Q: Of the two teams listed, who held them to the fewest points (among their regular season victories) of any regular season opponent?

I believe Coach Ross and his staff to be very good coaches and considering this, I also know they are very meticulous in their game planning. So much so, that they realize we had three starting Offensive Lineman that did not play in the game against them (#5, #70 and #53), yet we played them closer than seven of their other regular season victories. Now, factor in that we will be bringing back all three of our running backs from a backfield that led the State of Tennessee in Rushing in 2A for the regular season and I think I can deduce through rational inference what transpired...

Everybody I've talked to who is familiar with Football in the Sequatchie Valley and the traditional rivalries were shocked to find out they would not play us. I offered four different dates (Weeks 4, 6, 8, and 10) a week prior to the Region Meetings (and I retained documentation regarding same).

Good points and not meaning to sound disrespectful but I don't believe Coach Ross is dodging anyone. Whitwell has a good team returning and you're doing a fine job.

Selfishly I wish we had put Whutwuhl on the schedule but I can understand why CRR decided against it.  Looking at all our traditional valley rivialries obviously Pittsburg is on there, Dunlap, Pikeville, Grundy, pick one. Also CRR does not look at Whutwuhl and see county rival, he is not from here, personally it probably means nothing to him and he doesn't see the football value in it.  

Whutwuhl is heading in the right direction and I like what CH is doing.  But I think that in CRR's mind if things go the way he plans it wouldn't be much of a game, and if it was he wouldn't want to see it.

I think that the County Commision ought to pass an ordinance that requires that all the county teams play each other, ala what the Florida legislature did with Florida(FU) and Florida State (FUS).

Edited by rikberry

Selfishly I wish we had put Whutwuhl on the schedule but I can understand why CRR decided against it.  Looking at all our traditional valley rivialries obviously Pittsburg is on there, Dunlap, Pikeville, Grundy, pick one. Also CRR does not look at Whutwuhl and see county rival, he is not from here, personally it probably means nothing to him and he doesn't see the football value in it.  

Whutwuhl is heading in the right direction and I like what CH is doing.  But I think that in CRR's mind if things go the way he plans it wouldn't be much of a game, and if it was he wouldn't want to see it.

I think that the County Commision ought to pass an ordinance that requires that all the county teams play each other, ala what the Florida legislature did with Florida(FU) and Florida State (FUS).

I would like to play Whitwell but with a small school money plays into it. When a team comes to Jasper to play and brings maybe 200-300 people and the next season we go there and take 1500 or more it's a numbers game. Let's just be honest.

I would like to play Whitwell but with a small school money plays into it. When a team comes to Jasper to play and brings maybe 200-300 people and the next season we go there and take 1500 or more it's a numbers game. Let's just be honest.

That is very true.  And like I said it was for selfish and personal reasons that I would want to see it.  But yer right the gate is usually weak when it is in our house.  

What kind of mess is this? You Marion people been scheduling copper basin , grace, ccs and some other 1a schools the past several years. Im not falling for this money mess. I garuntee you that Helton man would bring more money than these. You think im joking but im not.

What kind of mess is this? You Marion people been scheduling copper basin , grace, ccs and some other 1a schools the past several years. Im not falling for this money mess. I garuntee you that Helton man would bring more money than these. You think im joking but im not.

Now that you are coming to our games we can afford to be more selective. Thank you from Warrior Nation for your support.

That is almost comical for you to say. Mc also had two or three starters out that night. Can't make excuses as a coach. That 'prolific' rushing attack you talk about that got 130 yards that night and fifty on one play. We were so scared of whitwell that we picked up hixson. Trust me, mc isn't scared of a one dimensional offense. You also won't make it very far in the playoffs without being able to pass the ball.

Now that you are coming to our games we can afford to be more selective. Thank you from Warrior Nation for your support.

You another one of them Marion people that had made a new name since last year. You might even be ole purple grad. Figure you was around last year just under another name. I ain't joking either.

You another one of them Marion people that had made a new name since last year. You might even be ole purple grad. Figure you was around last year just under another name. I ain't joking either.

Actually my first year. My good friend TTP introduced me to this site. Hey Roy we are stocking red Bull and fudge rounds in the concessions next year. Just for you.

A: Whitwell (33-6) and Grundy (49-22) both 27 point victories

hahahahaha this is comical.