Al Miller - Cleveland Duals

rlwest40

Sutherland and T Bullard would be a great match. Lujan vs Parker would be another great match to see. Parker and Lee. Adcock vs another Bullard. Pike vs ?

Not sure what weight everyone will be Saturday but we should definitely see several state champs facing each other. This is hands down the toughest tournament in the state and one of the toughest in the southeast.

Sutherland and T Bullard would be a great match. Lujan vs Parker would be another great match to see. Parker and Lee. Adcock vs another Bullard. Pike vs ?

Not sure what weight everyone will be Saturday but we should definitely see several state champs facing each other. This is hands down the toughest tournament in the state and one of the toughest in the southeast.

Looks like Lujuan has split time between 182 and 195 this year in duals so we could possibly see a Lujuan vs Parker at 195. It looks like Lee has been at 220 so we probably wont see that matchup with Parker.

There will be a ton of good match ups at 160 with Bullard, Garrison, Sutherland, Russo, Oliver, Father Ryan , ectt.. Sutherland just got back on the mat Tuesday for the first time this year so this weekend will be challenging to say the least, would love to wrestle this tournament a month from now. Can you postpone it Rob, lol ? Adcock and Sam Bullard should be in the same weight. Might see Diaz from Archer bump up and wrestle Murphy at 138, that would be a good one.

Lol it's out of my hands Mike. Lots of great matches this weekend in Cleveland.

The Kingsport tournament is not bad, prolly average level with 3 small school champions in attendance. Not quite the same level as the Cleveland Duals or McCallie Inv. that has the best teams from 3 or 4 states each year but still a good tournament.

Edited by rlwest40

Thomas Bullard pinned Sutherland (in the 1st) last year at this tournament.

Adcock wrestled Sam Bullard (the on wrestling 152) earlier this season and won.

Really? I'm familiar with the Tn teams so which of the others would you consider on the Archer level? Just curious.

I was saying the tournament is pretty tough. Wilson Central did a good job in picking another tournament. There is no one as good as archer because those teams go to the ironman (same weekend). The quality of competition is a lot better than 10 years ago or so when Cleveland would come down and dominate year after year. Wilson Central was a good add to the tournament from the results I have seen in the past few years of teams. I do not discount Cleveland for their tournament. They have tough competition like they do every year. If I was a coach and wanted a tough dual then I would want to go to that one. With the individual tournys I would say the one in kingsport is getting in the top tier tennessee individual tournaments. The coach up there and at science hill have done a good job with growing tournaments in East Tennessee that are quality. Kudos to them and Cleveland.