Father Ryan tournament

marathon

There is a clear difference in competition level, if you look below you will see teams from each tournament. This sums up why people would chose GP West over Father Ryan. Both are great tournaments however, Father Ryan has declined in previous years and having these two events on the same day will not help their cause.

Teams that attended GP West last Year:

Cleveland

McCallie

Ravenwood

Blackman

Clarksville

Brentwood

Christian Brothers

Franklin

Overton

Cookeville

Dickson County

Houston

Siegel

Antioch

Franklin Road Academy

Page

Battle Ground Academy

Lipscomb

Teams to attend Father Ryan This Year:

Fort Campell

Hixson

Alcoa

Franklin 

BGA

MBA

FRA

MUS

Braircrest

Brentwood Academy

Hillwood

Ensworth

JPII

Springfield

Overton

Hendersonville

Mt. Juliet

Arlington

Glencliff

Arkansas Catholic

Donelson Christian

Lebanon

I see where you have both BGA and Franklin listed as attending both the GP West and FR tournaments.

Was told that FR has done everything possible to attract out of state competition that would  boost the talent level of their tournament.  They even had a sponsor willing to assist national level teams with lodging but they could not get anyone to take them up on the offer.  The problem is that states require there teams to begin wrestling the sectional or district level duals beginning the 1st of January.  When looking at the top tournaments in the nation most are completed during December due to schools being limited with there travel after the 1st of January. I would love to see FR change the date of the tournament to this weekend and try to make the tournament a big Middle Tennessee event with a few teams from outside the area.

Edited by cbg

I see where you have both BGA and Franklin listed as attending both the GP West and FR tournaments.

Was told that FR has done everything possible to attract out of state competition that would  boost the talent level of their tournament.  They even had a sponsor willing to assist national level teams with lodging but they could not get anyone to take them up on the offer.  The problem is that states require there teams to begin wrestling the sectional or district level duals beginning the 1st of January.  When looking at the top tournaments in the nation most are completed during December due to schools being limited with there travel after the 1st of January. I would love to see FR change the date of the tournament to this weekend and try to make the tournament a big Middle Tennessee event with a few teams from outside the area.

It states that the lists are of Father Ryan teams to attend this year and GP West teams to attend last year. That is why there is an over lap of teams because some teams that attended both are forced to chose between the two. That was kind of my point cbg, teams will not be able to attend both of these great tournaments which is a shame

• 4 weeks later...