Elizabethton Girls Basketball

BigBama42

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's crazy is we beat Hoover and they move up in a certain poll that starts with Max, from 67 to 51! We are nowhere to be found on this poll. Hoover is also still ranked #1 in their state poll. That's alright girls, just keep winning! We know we have a special team! Go Cyclones!

Bama we don't need a poll to tell us were good.

You Elizabethton fans kill me.  Y'all base how good you are by beating a team that won the AL state championship 3 seasons ago.  Last year they were 16-12, and this year they have lost at least 5 games I can find.  Surely you can find a better measuring stick than that.  :rolleyes:  :roflol:

Edited by WarriorFan

You Elizabethton fans kill me. Y'all base how good you are by beating a team that won the AL state championship 3 seasons ago. Last year they were 16-12, and this year they have lost at least 5 games I can find. Surely you can find a better measuring stick than that. :rolleyes::roflol:

Not all Betsy fans are alike and there are a lot worse fans on here than EHS fans.Everybody has there on opinion and there is nothing wrong with that and not everyone agrees with you and there is nothing wrong with that.

He is correct about one thing Hoover AL did not win the state championship last year went to Alabama version of TSSAA.  Bishop England one of the teams they played last week did win the South Carolina AA state championship

Guys.....come on.....why are you making me do this to you.....YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO WIN THAT GAME.  Bishop England's record is 5-4.  According to M A X P R E P S, they are the 53rd best team in the STATE of SC and nationally, they are ranked 3,183.  Here is the link for you:  http://tinyurl.com/onbu5ub .  You are measuring your success against nothing by beating Bishop England.  Even last year when they won the SC State Championship, MP had them ranked #6 in the state overall and #486 nationally.  Here is the link:  http://tinyurl.com/nt7toj3 .  Last year, here was Elizabethton's state (#9) and national ranking (#469) :  http://tinyurl.com/pt8wbk9

You guys using Bishop England as a measuring stick and acting like you beat some "mythical" team out of South Carolina is laughable.   :roflol:  :roflol:  :roflol:

Edited by WarriorFan

Elizabethton has a great and special team. However, basing how good they are or should be by playing teams that use to be good in past seasons isn't a way to go. I know that the team out of sc graduated 4 of their top players from last year and Hoover hasn't been the same team they were a couple years ago. If they want to prove etown is a national caliber team they should go play teams in either that the Naples or Nike tournaments host. Science hill did so a couple years ago and not only did it help them in the state tournament but also allowed others outside of tn to know who they were. Which is why they were well recognized in national polls.

Dude what the heck is your problem.  Are you like the ultimate crap stir.  I was for the most part agreeing with you and stating true facts  I agree with you that most Elizabethton fans get way to excited.  People can not help it when it comes from the heart.  Heck I have a kid on Elizabethton's team and I can look at things realistic.  Heck even the Eliz twinkle reported the article wrong.  I do not know if your a Happy Valley fan or what team but I support all the local teams.  My kids all have friends at different schools and they have played against the same kids there whole life.  Take a chill pill when someone was agreeing with you.  Read something and think about it before you respond..

Guys I have not made one post on here stating more than my own opinion.  I think Elizabethton is a great team for the city and area they live in and Elizabethton High School will more than likely not see success like this again in my lifetime.  Like the teams Pitts had at Science Hill.  It is just runs in a great cycle once in a while in our area.  We are not like the other big cities in TN. I told my daughter to enjoy this when it started in high school but do not let this be the greatest achievement or define her life.  So relax with the stats and let bama42 enjoy this a little.