Lexington Boys Team

WestTNBalla1

They were down 27-26 at half vs Madison. I wasnt impressed! Madison' s post player #34 was holding his own vs Marshall and Tisdale. He was using quick moves and releases and was very efficient in the first half. Also, one of Madison's guards hit sum big shots, including a buzzer beater 3 at half time, to keep them up. Lexington struggle early and still bickered with each other some as they did last year. Second half Lexing kinda pushed the tempo and dictated the game which caused Madison to turn the ball over and Lexingotn pushed the lead to 10 and it was 15 pt lead with 2 mins to go and i made my exit. Marshall does not play like a D1 recruit at least not in that game. He didnt show any post game, very passive and only looked to get dunks. He does run the floor well and is a great defensive presence. They didnt live up to the hype in my opinion. 14AA should be a battle again between them Fayette Ware and Southside.

Lexington beat TCA last night by about 17. TCA was without their 6'7" post player due to flu and another post player due to foot injury(Akin). TCA fought hard but their bench was limited with those guys out and they just wore down. TCa will make a run so I'm not worried about them. I wanted to comment on Lexingron though. They now have another player back.....6'4" athlete, I can't remember his name. He is no doubt a player. He had an ACL injury early in the year. When he gets into game shape Lexington is going to be a terror to deal with. They are very, very deep and play fast and high pressure defense. I'm very impressed with the job Hicks has done with this team. Probably one of the two most talented teams in West Tennessee outside of Memphis. He has them playing pretty disciplined ball and pushing the ball up the court. Marshall is a factor but could be much better if he put forth more effort. I think Tisdale is the X factor for them. Guard play is very good and athleticism is all over the floor. I look for them to at least make it to SubState and potentially a Mboro run. Back to TCA, if you were at the game you had to be impressed with their effort and grit!

I saw the Lexington v TCA game and the size differential was almost comical! Kudos to TCA for their effort. They really battled and never gave up. They will be fine in single A.

Bull, our 6'7" post player was out with the flu. In game one against Lexington he had 6 blocked shots and 4 were against Tisdale. We also were without a backup post player who is 6'2". You might have heard of him.....he throws the Football pretty well! No doubt Lexington is much bigger but I assure you TCA will be there come tournament time in Single A.

Bull, our 6'7" post player was out with the flu. In game one against Lexington he had 6 blocked shots and 4 were against Tisdale. We also were without a backup post player who is 6'2". You might have heard of him.....he throws the Football pretty well! No doubt Lexington is much bigger but I assure you TCA will be there come tournament time in Single A.

Was that the kid that also can shoot the 3?  His presence would definitely have made a difference.  He gives your offense and defense an added dimension.  I think TCA will be fine come tournament time.  I think you win the district tournament for sure and most likely play in a substate game (hopefully, not at Mitchell).

They were down 27-26 at half vs Madison. I wasnt impressed! Madison' s post player #34 was holding his own vs Marshall and Tisdale. He was using quick moves and releases and was very efficient in the first half. Also, one of Madison's guards hit sum big shots, including a buzzer beater 3 at half time, to keep them up. Lexington struggle early and still bickered with each other some as they did last year. Second half Lexing kinda pushed the tempo and dictated the game which caused Madison to turn the ball over and Lexingotn pushed the lead to 10 and it was 15 pt lead with 2 mins to go and i made my exit. Marshall does not play like a D1 recruit at least not in that game. He didnt show any post game, very passive and only looked to get dunks. He does run the floor well and is a great defensive presence. They didnt live up to the hype in my opinion. 14AA should be a battle again between them Fayette Ware and Southside.

Marshall presents himself to me as a role player at the D-1 level.  He is not a great defender but can add benefit as a help defender in limited minutes.  Offensively he can give you some stick backs but you could never run the offense through him.  He doesnt shoot well enough.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Marshall presents himself to me as a role player at the D-1 level.  He is not a great defender but can add benefit as a help defender in limited minutes.  Offensively he can give you some stick backs but you could never run the offense through him.  He doesnt shoot well enough.

Agree with this assessment. He also needs to raise his intensity level. But, as they say, you can't coach height.