GC @ UC

westtnsportsfan

Graves Co. is going to be a good test Thursday for Gibson. Graves Co.(KY) is 4-1 right now with their only loss to a very good Murray HS team. I saw Graves play last year and they were a very solid team last year as well. It'll be interesting to see how these 2 tournaments pan out for Gibson.

Not to mention Graves Co added a transfer from Marshall Co KY... Wouldn't be shocked if Graves beat Gibson Co honestly. But we'll see.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City wasn't a good matchup for GC's offense IMO. They were big and physical and played aggressive defense and controlled the boards. UC's problem was they didn't match up well with GC's defense either. Scary part of this for GC is UC is playing this well early on with basically a new bunch other than Fair they are probably going to get better. Was impressed with UC

Edited by pioneer42

Union City wasn't a good matchup for GC's offense IMO. They were big and physical and played aggressive defense and controlled the boards. UC's problem was they didn't match up well with GC's defense either. Scary part of this for GC is UC is playing this well early on with basically a new bunch other than Fair they are probably going to get better. Was impressed with UC

Outside of Raven, UC is very average. She had 26 of their 50 points last night. Gibson should've beaten Union City by at least 15 last night on our own floor. Gibson tends to struggle with more athletic teams that like to play physical. UC did exactly that and made Gibson miss easy shots in that first half.

Graves Co. is going to be a good test Thursday for Gibson. Graves Co.(KY) is 4-1 right now with their only loss to a very good Murray HS team. I saw Graves play last year and they were a very solid team last year as well. It'll be interesting to see how these 2 tournaments pan out for Gibson.

Strange things tend to happen when a Tennessee team ventures north of the border...

If Union City had one other person that could consistently score besides Raven, they'd be in a threat this year in Single A. If Raven keeps this pace up, she should be nominated for Ms. Basketball in Single A this year. She's averaging around 20 a game and keeping her team in every game.

If Gibson is going to be a threat to win it all in Single A this year, they need to pick it up and be beating these teams by 15-20 points. There's a lot of talent on this team, but there is a lot of inconsistency as well. Gibson is at least 15 points better on paper than every team in this district. Whether they decide to be 15 points better than every team is another story.

Do you see anyone on the team that could possibly step up into that role by tournament time ?...

Gibson County is a solid team, but their lack of depth scares me a little.  If they get in the wrong gym with the wrong refs with that aggressive trapping defense and happen to get two players in foul trouble, they could drop a game they normally wouldnt.  The played only 6 players last night and they only played six because the center picked up two quick fouls.  They did not substitute one time in the entire second half.

Gibson County is a solid team, but their lack of depth scares me a little.  If they get in the wrong gym with the wrong refs with that aggressive trapping defense and happen to get two players in foul trouble, they could drop a game they normally wouldnt.  The played only 6 players last night and they only played six because the center picked up two quick fouls.  They did not substitute one time in the entire second half.

That being said, their 4 players are outstanding!  I think they make it to Murfreesboro (as long as they dont meet Middleton in substate), but winning it all may be a tough task without depth.

The other guard that plays along side Raven isn't bad...

Bullshark, agreed. At the beginning of last nights game, I thought we were going to see exactly that. Justyce White picked up two quick fouls and struggled big time without her out there. Had Bri, Erin, or Smithson gotten in foul trouble along with Justyce, Union City would've had their way in the first half.

Great game tonight with UC + Peabody. UC come out on top by 4, but it was back and forth all night and tied later in the 4th. I think u can throw Peabody in the contender category also for a top 4 spot. If they ever figure out how to get over the hump they will be dangerous. Coach Hart has done an amazing job with this group in 2 years. This team was horrible when he took over and now they are right there with the top of the district.

Great game tonight with UC + Peabody. UC come out on top by 4, but it was back and forth all night and tied later in the 4th. I think u can throw Peabody in the contender category also for a top 4 spot. If they ever figure out how to get over the hump they will be dangerous. Coach Hart has done an amazing job with this group in 2 years. This team was horrible when he took over and now they are right there with the top of the district.

I was able to listen to the last quarter...Trenton did a good job getting the lead in the 4th qtr but a well placed time-out by Suiter got the UC girls back on track...A flurry of points by Fair and some made free throws kept Peabody at bay...Raven Fair finished with 32 points in the game...Good rebound from the loss at Gibson County Tuesday night...UC improves to 8-5 overall and 5-1 in district play...

Great game tonight with UC + Peabody. UC come out on top by 4, but it was back and forth all night and tied later in the 4th. I think u can throw Peabody in the contender category also for a top 4 spot. If they ever figure out how to get over the hump they will be dangerous. Coach Hart has done an amazing job with this group in 2 years. This team was horrible when he took over and now they are right there with the top of the district

Peabody returns more experience than any team in the district.  If they are ever going to compete, it'll be this year... 

Peabody returns more experience than any team in the district. If they are ever going to compete, it'll be this year...

Idk if I'd say that now, greenfield, Bradford, Gibson co and even lake co and uc with the fair girl have as much and more experience than Peabody. Peabody plays alot of young players, sophomores and freshmen. Really only 1 senior contributed from games I've seen. They're all doing a Great job so far though.

Edited by BABABA