Penny Hardaway Hoopfest

haddocksports

Well actually TCA I think I did say in one post that they were suppose to be AA and I meant what i said and he knows it also..RULES ARE RULES. .If u have over 500 students then u are suppose to be AA but I think their enrollment was under that at the time but Mitchell elected to play down because they got tired of CPA putting a butt whooping on them..TCA they cant hang up up in AA man..And Memphis schools have a luxury to go get what they want. .U can bet when Martin and Echols leaves Mitchell will have 2 more to replace them almost or just as good..Memphis is Memphis. .But dont you worry TCA because like ive said before..Mitchell will have their hands full in that region tourny at TCA because yall will have our refs out of 14a and they will have both Martin and Echols in foul trouble because these refs call every tic tac foul it is..They love blowing that whistle..Remember back when Buckner fouled out and almost lost and yall pulled the stunner on Booket T..The refs had alot to do with that. .Im not saying its right but it is what it is! RULES ARE RULES.Call it when you want to..lol..Mitchell better not slip up and have to come to UC because their season will end..Oh yea..Mitchell only beat UC last year by 10..Not 20..At their place!..Keep it coming TCA I LOVE IT!

Cope, I stand corrected! I forgot about the Substate game with UC that was a 10 point game. I was thinking about the district and region tourney and then last two rounds of the state. I think you got my point though. I didn't mean any disrespect to UC. I do believe you guys are a lock for the SubState! I've seen UC in person this year and Mitchell on the NFHS network twice and I do believe UC can hang with Mitchell but not sure you can beat them. Love your enthusiasm though! Keep it coming!!

Well actually TCA I think I did say in one post that they were suppose to be AA and I meant what i said and he knows it also..RULES ARE RULES. .If u have over 500 students then u are suppose to be AA but I think their enrollment was under that at the time but Mitchell elected to play down because they got tired of CPA putting a butt whooping on them..TCA they cant hang up up in AA man..And Memphis schools have a luxury to go get what they want. .U can bet when Martin and Echols leaves Mitchell will have 2 more to replace them almost or just as good..Memphis is Memphis. .But dont you worry TCA because like ive said before..Mitchell will have their hands full in that region tourny at TCA because yall will have our refs out of 14a and they will have both Martin and Echols in foul trouble because these refs call every tic tac foul it is..They love blowing that whistle..Remember back when Buckner fouled out and almost lost and yall pulled the stunner on Booket T..The refs had alot to do with that. .Im not saying its right but it is what it is! RULES ARE RULES.Call it when you want to..lol..Mitchell better not slip up and have to come to UC because their season will end..Oh yea..Mitchell only beat UC last year by 10..Not 20..At their place!..Keep it coming TCA I LOVE IT!

I think we beat the AA State Champs last year.

For the 20th time, Galilee nobody has said that Mitchell was SUPPOSED to be playing 2A. I, along with a few more have said you SHOULD be playing 2A for more competition. Alcoa was reclassified to 2A in Football but they elected to play 3A over the next two years. Why? There isn't a team in 2A that could play within 40 points of them. What fun would that be? With the exception of GoodPasture last year, there hasn't been a 1A team play within 20 of Mitchell and probably won't. How much fun is that? We have basically said, go play where you can have stiff competition. Memphis East has done that. You make it seem like it's a crime to give an opinion on a subject like this. Nobody is crying. If Mitchell wins the state by pounding everyone I assure you those teams will give it all they have and feel good about their effort. If you can feel good about pounding a poor little country school with 112 students then more power to you!

I could say the same about you all not playing in the private league. But at Mitchell we are taught to man up and play. If anybody beat us this year I will say good game and hope they win the state.

I could say the same about you all not playing in the private league. But at Mitchell we are taught to man up and play. If anybody beat us this year I will say good game and hope they win the state.

Absolutely no logic behind your comment. Private division is not nearly as competitive as Division 1. Yes, there will always be a few teams in the private division that are very, very good but top to bottom Division 1 is more competitive, so we did MAN up and decide to play the tougher competition. You lost that argument!! I would try to find another one! Maybe the argument that private schools recruit BUT.......that wouldn't fly because that would be the pot calling the kettle black!

Absolutely no logic behind your comment. Private division is not nearly as competitive as Division 1. Yes, there will always be a few teams in the private division that are very, very good but top to bottom Division 1 is more competitive, so we did MAN up and decide to play the tougher competition. You lost that argument!! I would try to find another one! Maybe the argument that private schools recruit BUT.......that wouldn't fly because that would be the pot calling the kettle black!

Until you go to the private league your can not complain.. Now UC fans can complain like us they are public playing in a public league. If I have no problem with you all in the public league you should have no problem with us in 1A.

Edited by Galilee

Until you go to the private league your can not complain.. Now UC fans can complain like us they are public playing in a public league. If I have no problem with you all in the public league you should have no problem with us in 1A.

Galilee, you twist things more than anybody on this board. I don't have a problem with Mitchell in 1A, I have been saying all along that you SHOULD be playing 2A. Should and having a problem is two different things. You are narrow minded and have green colored glasses on! I don't have a problem with Alcoa being 2A in FB BUT they manned up and decided to play 3A where they belong. You just don't get it!!

Edited by TCAIntense

Anyone who wants to take a stab at Mitchell should come through me. I made a point last year to include them in my events. The result: A beating by CPA in December, Coach Phillips kicks most likely his best player off the team because he was a detriment. In January, he beats Jackson Southside at the Penny Hardaway event and beat them. Southside turns around, beats  CPA in the state tourney and wins State. Mitchell never lost  after the CPA game and won state. As a Memphian and promoter, it's my responsability to give all teams an opportunity the best I can. Don't hate on CPA either because those kids are not only talented, but handle themselves with class and integrity on/off the court. As a promoter, that's a dream.

Anyone who wants to take a stab at Mitchell should come through me. I made a point last year to include them in my events. The result: A beating by CPA in December, Coach Phillips kicks most likely his best player off the team because he was a detriment. In January, he beats Jackson Southside at the Penny Hardaway event and beat them. Southside turns around, beats CPA in the state tourney and wins State. Mitchell never lost after the CPA game and won state. As a Memphian and promoter, it's my responsability to give all teams an opportunity the best I can. Don't hate on CPA either because those kids are not only talented, but handle themselves with class and integrity on/off the court. As a promoter, that's a dream.

Thats awsome.

Guest WilliamPayne

I dont know why every one complains about the classes and public v private in this state. We came from Lexington, KY and there is only ONE class! Every year Louisville has a nationally ranked team or 2 and Lex has 1 or 2 and almost always it is a small 700 student school go up to Rupp and knock them off.