West High School's next Head Coach

SGHSAlum93

That's what I was wondering. How did things go down yesterday?

nickmarshal4heisman seems to have the insight.  I was simply referring to the news being leaked to media, then refuted by administration, then announced by media again.  Oridgekat, you also seem to know whats going on like you where there.  What went down?

I'll still support the program I love so much but I am extremely worried about the future of this program. The kids in the pipeline were use to what was expected of them and now they are going to have to learn a new system. Just an opinion but a 7-3 season potentially just turned into 5-5. I hope I'm wrong but not many on here have said positive things about this guy.

The players I'm sure will be devastated if the staff leaves as well.

As always Go West

I'll still support the program I love so much but I am extremely worried about the future of this program. The kids in the pipeline were use to what was expected of them and now they are going to have to learn a new system. Just an opinion but a 7-3 season potentially just turned into 5-5. I hope I'm wrong but not many on here have said positive things about this guy.

The players I'm sure will be devastated if the staff leaves as well.

As always Go West

I don't know a lot about the current staff beyond what they do in terms of their coaching responsibilities, so help me out if you can.  How many of the current staff are certified teachers either at West or other schools, and how many are non-faculty coaches?  Just curious about that makeup.  

Thanks.  

nickmarshal4heisman seems to have the insight.  I was simply referring to the news being leaked to media, then refuted by administration, then announced by media again.  Oridgekat, you also seem to know whats going on like you where there.  What went down?

I know what happened today, but I was not around yesterday, so I was surprised to hear Coach Harig apologize for "the way things went down yesterday". I don't know anything about that. But my guess is that it was all triggered by the premature tweet from a media member that was quickly refuted by West AD. I think the media report put Coach Harig in a tough spot at Loudon because his players heard he was leaving before he had a chance to tell them himself. Also, this tweet angered some members of the current staff because of the way it was prematurely reported.

I wonder if the catholic transfer will now move to the "West" high Comunity? This coach ran from Alcoa and Cak how will he run from the big boys of that disctrict? Right now i would say this is a D plus hire. Loudon was good against cookie cutter teams this year. Sure everyone will say Fulton could beat alot of teams, but Loudon wouldn't have Beat Alcoa, Cak, Catholic in that league.Just my two penny's worth.

I wonder if the catholic transfer will now move to the "West" high Comunity? This coach ran from Alcoa and Cak how will he run from the big boys of that disctrict? Right now i would say this is a D plus hire. Loudon was good against cookie cutter teams this year. Sure everyone will say Fulton could beat alot of teams, but Loudon wouldn't have Beat Alcoa, Cak, Catholic in that league.Just my two penny's worth.

Edited by oridgecat

And how many teams can beat that line-up year in, year out?  Especially Alcoa.  Loudon would have matched up well with CAK last year though IMO.  My $.02 is that everybody ought to just calm down and see how it plays.  Harig seems to me to be a nice up and comer who totally exceeded expectations at Loudon last year.  If you go back a ways on these posts most everyone agreed that it would be hard to get a big name in Knox County.  So a good young coach seems to be the best alternative.  I understand West fans being upset about the lack of an in-house hire but Harig has proved himself in 3A.