Grundy HC Search

Birddog

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought he ran the Veer and I know he like the odd stack defense (3-5-3) I'm sure he will want assistants that will mirror his philosophy. Looking at the roster from last year, a lot of the starters are gone off both sides of the ball. He may need those freshman to grow up quick.

How do yall Grundy County fans, or people closer to the situation feel about this hire? I seen where someone had mentioned Coach Tate was the middle school coach, and lacks coaching experience at the high school level. I know the majority of people seemed to of wanted Coach Bryant gone, but this hire seems pretty risky, and a bit of a stretch. For better or worse, we all shall see how it plays out. I would like to add just because he doesn't have experience at this level, doesn't mean he cant meet or exceed expectations and get the job done. Granted, it does seem coaching hires similar to this particular one generally end in failure more times than not though. At the time of his hire, DeKalb County's Steve Trapp had no high school, or even middle school coaching experience. He was actually the pee wee coach. He is living proof that you can find success when hiring people like both of our respective coaches. Best of luck to Coach Tate and Grundy County. Hopefully we will play lots of memorable games between our two schools in the upcoming years.

How do yall Grundy County fans, or people closer to the situation feel about this hire? I seen where someone had mentioned Coach Tate was the middle school coach, and lacks coaching experience at the high school level. I know the majority of people seemed to of wanted Coach Bryant gone, but this hire seems pretty risky, and a bit of a stretch. For better or worse, we all shall see how it plays out. I would like to add just because he doesn't have experience at this level, doesn't mean he cant meet or exceed expectations and get the job done. Granted, it does seem coaching hires similar to this particular one generally end in failure more times than not though. At the time of his hire, DeKalb County's Steve Trapp had no high school, or even middle school coaching experience. He was actually the pee wee coach. He is living proof that you can find success when hiring people like both of our respective coaches. Best of luck to Coach Tate and Grundy County. Hopefully we will play lots of memorable games between our two schools in the upcoming years.

good point and Herron from Upperman was a JR coach previous to getting the HC job, ith a few years of HS assistant exp.

How do yall Grundy County fans, or people closer to the situation feel about this hire? I seen where someone had mentioned Coach Tate was the middle school coach, and lacks coaching experience at the high school level. I know the majority of people seemed to of wanted Coach Bryant gone, but this hire seems pretty risky, and a bit of a stretch. For better or worse, we all shall see how it plays out. I would like to add just because he doesn't have experience at this level, doesn't mean he cant meet or exceed expectations and get the job done. Granted, it does seem coaching hires similar to this particular one generally end in failure more times than not though. At the time of his hire, DeKalb County's Steve Trapp had no high school, or even middle school coaching experience. He was actually the pee wee coach. He is living proof that you can find success when hiring people like both of our respective coaches. Best of luck to Coach Tate and Grundy County. Hopefully we will play lots of memorable games between our two schools in the upcoming years.

not sure how grundy folks feel about this hire but SEQ CO.had him for a few weeks and WELL looks like it didnt last long there so will be interesting to c how long he stays there