Mr. Basketball Nominations

FridayMainEvent

Guest WilliamPayne

Gotta make the pitch for my son, lol. He had 33 tonight with 2 big NASTY and 1 dunks!!!! Sealed the district championship with the w!!! John Payne from Goodpasture, lol.

A west tn. Tucker campbell Aville has to be at top of list. Only player mentioned with career average double double. Bball is a lot more than scoring people. It's rebounding, assisting, shooting efficiently. Best all around numbers. Averages around 19 and 11 per. 1600 plus scored nearing 1000 rebounds 95 blocks etc.

I completely agree. Which is why I love the Bowlen and Payne kids so much. I personally watched the Payne kid dish out 4 or 5 high high level assists tonight. We're talking half court, full speed, bounce passes that went through defenders and hit their mark. Bowlen is Tennessee all time assist leader and can score in bunches as a very undersized PG. Payne had a minimum of 5 college coaches in the house watching him play what had to be one of the best all around performances in TN tonight. 31 points, 9 assist, 3 blocks, 9 rebounds, all while facing a double team a minimum of %70 of the game. I am very aware and familiar with the kid you are talking about however, he is a tremendous talent. Extremely well rounded player. Couldn't go wrong with that choice at all.

I don't think Adamsville is very good either and that probably hurts Cambell but really I don't think that should be held against a player. Saw on unapproved website where Phifer is averaging 25.

What does the Mr.Basketball award gotta do with the team..So what would people say if Mitchell was 3 and 15..Would anyone be talking about J.Martin..or Union City's Stockdale or Deberry..I dunno!

Union City is ranked #1 in the state and I dont think there is a better 2 guys in single a..Their numbers are so close its hard to say othet than Stockdale has led UC in rebounding for 3 years and his scoring numbers is around 18 a game..Either or these guys are deserving..Good luck to both.

Jeremiah Martin in a top 10 player in the state and a LaTech commit, he is the best single A player in west TN.... Along with Tucker from A'ville

Talked to a friend last night at Middleton about Tucker Cambell apparently he is doing what he does on about 10 to 12 shots a game which is crazy. Based on what was previously posted scoring 1600 or more points on an average of 11 shots a game is pretty good. Still think Jeremiah Martin is probably best in state, best player on best team is hard to argue with and already commit to Div 1 school.

Chad Culbreath (Ripley) has been a mainstay on the scoring list and this week shall be no different. The scoring senior busted a cool 33 against Memphis Central then reached a milestone dropping 43 points against Wooddale and passing the 2,000 point mark for his prep career.

Chad Culbreath (Ripley) 37pts vs. Jackson Northside

Chad Culbreath (Ripley) 34pts vs. Covington

Chad Culbreath (Ripley) 43pts vs. Wooddale

Chad Culbreath (Ripley) 33pts vs. Memphis Centra

Chad Culbreath (Ripley) 25pts vs. Crockett County

Chad Culbreath (Ripley) 35pts vs. Brighton

Chad Culbreath (Ripley) 29pts vs. Obion County

Chad Culbreath (Ripley) 28pts vs. Crockett County

Chad Culbreath (Ripley) 40pts vs. Lexington

Chad Culbreath (Ripley) 51pts vs. Brighton

Chad Culbreath (Ripley) 31pts vs. MUS

Ripley (74) — Chad Culbreath 45 vs Covington Last Night!

I must say Ripley's Chad Culbreath is the most underrated player in the state hands down. First time I seen this kid play was against haywood last yr in the district championship. Haywood was undefeated and everyone thought Ripley had no shot. culbreath sat most of the 3rd to catch fire in the 4th. Haywood box and 1 him and he had atleast 20 in the 4th quarter. They gave Haywood their 1st lost but Ripley lost in sub state behind Culbreaths 37 points. Manassas (65) — Rayford Albright 26, Tony Atkins 2, DeShun Bell 10, Deadrick Brown 3, Marcus Nesby 8, Courtney Smith 8, Fernando Wilkins 8.

Ripley-Tenn. (62) — Xavier Alston 2, J.Q. Atkins 5, Steven Collins 4, Chad Culbreath 37, Famous Jones 7, Xavier Lumpkin 5, Gerry White 2

Culbreath is hands down the best PG in AA he has no hype like other players in the state but his numbers does not lie.