BatmanDB's Thoughts on DB

BatmanDB

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to rewrite my original quote to be politically correct.As for the guys that go to school and have a nice degree but do stupid stuff ,I just call them dumbaz.

nah, I was being serious. What you said "the smartest people can have trouble with the simplest things" matches the profile of someone with high functioning autism. You know Einstein, he's one of the brightest minds in recent history. Well did you ever hear about the time he got lost in NYC and sat down on a bench and cried because he couldn't find his way? The smartest people do indeed have trouble with the simplest things sometimes because their minds are different. It's a blessing in the sense that they have great knowledge to share but it's a curse in the sense that they can't relate to others as well because of those differences. They aren't any better or any worse than anyone else, they are just different. I know this because I have high functioning autism/aspergers.

nah, I was being serious. What you said "the smartest people can have trouble with the simplest things" matches the profile of someone with high functioning autism. You know Einstein, he's one of the brightest minds in recent history. Well did you ever hear about the time he got lost in NYC and sat down on a bench and cried because he couldn't find his way? The smartest people do indeed have trouble with the simplest things sometimes because their minds are different. It's a blessing in the sense that they have great knowledge to share but it's a curse in the sense that they can't relate to others as well because of those differences. They aren't any better or any worse than anyone else, they are just different. I know this because I have high functioning autism/aspergers.

Einstein and Batmandb share one thing.Neither could ever spell

Einstein and Batmandb share one thing.Neither could ever spell

My point is you've got two basic types of people in this world, practical thinkers and abstract thinkers. Practical thinkers are mainly concerned with what they can see, smell, hear, and touch and they may not be book smart but they make up for it in what you call common sense. Abstract thinkers are the dreamers and intellectuals and they are always in their heads thinking of new concepts and possibilities. They live in their heads so much that their practical thinking/skills may suffer. If you'll notice these two types of people are always butting heads with one another but the funny thing is the two types compliment each other even if they can't stand each other. We wouldn't be where we are today and wouldn't have made this much progress if we didn't have both types of people. Edited by Governors91

My point is you've got two basic types of people in this world, practical thinkers and abstract thinkers. Practical thinkers are mainly concerned with what they can see, smell, hear, and touch and they may not be book smart but they make up for it in what you call common sense. Abstract thinkers are the dreamers and intellectuals and they are always in their heads thinking of new concepts and possibilities. They live in their heads so much that their practical thinking/skills may suffer. If you'll notice these two types of people are always butting heads with one another but the funny thing is the two types compliment each other even if they can't stand each other. We wouldn't be where we are today and wouldn't have made this much progress if we didn't have both types of people.

A lot of thought 91. We know which thinkers came up with the nuclear bomb.I wonder which one  came up with ''Fire" thousands of years ago.

I don't think high functioning autism is the problem we're seeing with todays "educated" people. Their just stupid. Plain and simple. 75% know less after 4 years of college than they did the day they graduated high school.

I don't think high functioning autism is the problem we're seeing with todays "educated" people. Their just stupid. Plain and simple. 75% know less after 4 years of college than they did the day they graduated high school.

I'll agree that there are some serious problems with the education system and society as a whole. We value a piece of paper over hands on training and experience. My uncle works at a big company in Knoxville and makes good money doing it. He tells me he could train me to do his job in a day but the company wouldn't touch me unless I had a bachelors degree in a science like chemistry. He also says they hire these younger kids with college degrees and put them in management positions and they don't have a clue what they are doing. So I know what you are talking about. There needs to be more balance in society. We need to value formal education and good ole hands on experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Just frustration .If we took what SH is doing and put both our teams together, we would have the start of what they have in Maryville. Still need a better feeder system.We have some athletes and we have good coaches, but just like a 70 Chevelle with a 396 "my first car", if you don't adjust to the times, you end up in a 74 pinto that tops out around 60 "my 2ed car" after two speeding tickets.