Job Vacancies

HoopsTN1

http://m.gwinnettdailypost.com/news/2007/jan/20/south-boys-hoops-coach-boydstone-resigns/?templates=mobile

Carter's coach came from Douglas county and this article says he quit in the middle of the year in 2007. So he was at Douglas county, left and got a job at south Gwinnett, left them in the middle of the year, apparently went back to Douglas county, then to carter. So he's left 3 jobs in 14 years.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://m.gwinnettdailypost.com/news/2007/jan/20/south-boys-hoops-coach-boydstone-resigns/?templates=mobile

Carter's coach came from Douglas county and this article says he quit in the middle of the year in 2007. So he was at Douglas county, left and got a job at south Gwinnett, left them in the middle of the year, apparently went back to Douglas county, then to carter. So he's left 3 jobs in 14 years.

What's your point? Looking at his record the guy can coach and builds programs. A lot of coaches move looking for the next challenge or situation to build. We as outsiders looking in can only speculate on why coaches move, so it is unfair to read into anything. Edited by uptempo

The point was...he was NOT at the previous place for 14 years like you said. He left, quit, then left again. If he really wants a challenge, he will stay at Carter and run that system with the returning talent. We would get a good idea of how well the guy can coach. If he went to state with that group (barring any transfers) running the system, I'm sure he'd get his props. You as an outsider would have to agree with me on that one.

The point was...he was NOT at the previous place for 14 years like you said. He left, quit, then left again. If he really wants a challenge, he will stay at Carter and run that system with the returning talent. We would get a good idea of how well the guy can coach. If he went to state with that group (barring any transfers) running the system, I'm sure he'd get his props. You as an outsider would have to agree with me on that one.

4pt..where did you get your info on Carter's coach?

Edited by uptempo

Uh oh. I must be sniffing around too much. The link I posted above was from a newspaper in Georgia and there was one from the news sentinel. News sentinel said he came from Douglas county. The article with the link says he was at south Gwinnett and quit and was Douglas county before that. I just assumed he went back to Douglas county before going to Carter since that's what the news sentinel reported. Not all the people who post on here are idiots.

Uh oh. I must be sniffing around too much. The link I posted above was from a newspaper in Georgia and there was one from the news sentinel. News sentinel said he came from Douglas county. The article with the link says he was at south Gwinnett and quit and was Douglas county before that. I just assumed he went back to Douglas county before going to Carter since that's what the news sentinel reported. Not all the people who post on here are idiots.

Did some sniffing of my own 4-pt....I think we can agree that there are coaches who are fortunate enough to stay at one place and those who are trying to find that situation. Should have specified that Carter's coach was at Douglas County a total of 14 years..(8years the first time and 6 the second time). In "sniffing" this coach built Douglas into a powerhouse both stints...first time he went 162-65 with 5-8 state appearances and 60-49 with 2-4 state appearances the second time)...Before Douglas he was in Atlanta at a school named Banneker and went 74-38 with 2-4 state appearances. The thing that is consistent is the style....his teams led Georgia in scoring 15-17 years. All 3 stops the programs had a losing season before he took over.

I am pretty confident in my sources and would be very surprised if Carter isn't replacing their basketball Coach in 2015. Boydstone has done a nice job by refining the talent Tony bull had developed and took his lumps with his last two years at Carter. Now that talent will be gone with a very weak underclass. I heard both freshman and JV teams were well under 500 and don't have the talent to run the system. Middle school program is also weak as well. Baring any major transfers. Carter is facing lean times in b ball and in my opinion they will be doing so with a new head coach.

Neutral observer on this message board, BUT have heard ad nauseam about Carter and "The System" and will say it is all fine and dandy with athletes. Without athletes... "The System" is garbage. No defense = no championships...TRUE:) Yeah, you win a bunch of regular season games that really have no meaning in basketball, BUT lose vs. teams that D your butt up and slow you down..tourney ball. That is what smart coaches with average to decent talent will do vs. "The Sytem." Also, it is obvious that the guy moves around...wouldn't hire him IF you're looking for a long term solution. Just my humble opinion...what do I know:)?

Let's take a break from Carter and talk about Farragut. Cool has done nothing with that program; if they want a winning program surely he's on the hot seat.

Agree. The two big West Knoxville schools(Farragut and Hardin Valley) have grossly underachieved. To many boys in the building not to build a competitive program. Here is the question. Name me three up and coming young coaches that have build a solid competitive team where they are now. Without good candidates can't make coaching changes.