13 AA Tournament

pioneer42

I'm just stating truth... Dyersburg only beat McNairy by like 6 earlier in the year. Outside of Myah, Dyersburg struggles scoring with consistency against good teams.

Right. The truth is also that If not for others like freshman Samariah Thompson and junior Shakaila Smith stepping up when Myah was down, Dyersburg might have a losing record. 

Teams believe they must stop Myah (see her 44 point performance against Liberty) in order to have the best chance to beat Dyersburg.

Thompson has been leading scorer the past two games with about 30 points.  Dyersburg's win over Westview earlier this year? Smith was the leading scorer with 16 and Thompson had 11.  Myah was 5th in scoring with FIVE. Smith scored 15 in Dyersburg's only win over Crockett this year.

Would I feel better if Myah is on in the region quarter-final game? Well absolutely, but I also believe that there are some young players on this team---just like all of 7AA---that can step up make the plays that it takes to beat a quality opponent in late February.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. The truth is also that If not for others like freshman Samariah Thompson and junior Shakaila Smith stepping up when Myah was down, Dyersburg might have a losing record. 

Teams believe they must stop Myah (see her 44 point performance against Liberty) in order to have the best chance to beat Dyersburg.

Thompson has been leading scorer the past two games with about 30 points.  Dyersburg's win over Westview earlier this year? Smith was the leading scorer with 16 and Thompson had 11.  Myah was 5th in scoring with FIVE. Smith scored 15 in Dyersburg's only win over Crockett this year.

Would I feel better if Myah is on in the region quarter-final game? Well absolutely, but I also believe that there are some young players on this team---just like all of 7AA---that can step up make the plays that it takes to beat a quality opponent in late February.

I agree. If bug, Shakaila, Myah and other players like Essence can step up down the stretch, there's no doubt that Dyersburg can make it back to Murfreesboro... Consistency from those players is going to be what it takes.

If that is the case, go ahead and ship the gold ball east of the MS river.  McNAiry has less than nothing so dyersburg becomes guilty by association and is just as bad.  I would take the top for A teams versus the top AA teams in West TN anyday.  Elizabethton wins the ball in AA.  The rest are playing for table scraps..

Crockett only beat McNairy by 8 early in the season too.  It doesn't make Dyersburg anything but what a few of us have been saying already......young and inexperienced in several spots outside of Myah.  With that kind of team you're gonna have some inconsistency.  Everyone knew AA in West TN was down this year.  That's what has made it an up/down anyone can win any night season in 13AA.  Looks like it's turned out the same way in 14AA.  If this white stuff will ever get out of here we can have some fun seeing which team is gonna show up and play the best here at the end. :popcorneater:

Crockett only beat McNairy by 8 early in the season too.  It doesn't make Dyersburg anything but what a few of us have been saying already......young and inexperienced in several spots outside of Myah.  With that kind of team you're gonna have some inconsistency.  Everyone knew AA in West TN was down this year.  That's what has made it an up/down anyone can win any night season in 13AA.  Looks like it's turned out the same way in 14AA.  If this white stuff will ever get out of here we can have some fun seeing which team is gonna show up and play the best here at the end. :popcorneater:

There could be some real surprises in the Boro from west tn in AA. Who in 16AA is any good?

There could be some real surprises in the Boro from west tn in AA. Who in 16AA is any good?

Craigmont and Douglass .... Douglass has the top scorer in the state, Gazmyne Herndon. She's pretty legit. Westview did beat them up in Calloway Co. by quite a bit... Craigmont is ok but nothing that will blow anyone away. Haywood Co. will be tough to beat. Right now, they're looking like the strongest and most consistent team in AA west.

I know they are disappointed losing the District 15A championship to Middleton but that does not really matter.  They have lost 3 games to Middleton ( two of them by 1 point), but whoever wins the 4th matchup has the upper hand because they will not have to travel  to Gibson County to play for a state championship birth!

Honestly, I see things that Riverside does that could possibly give Gibson problems. The sub-state games for Single A west should be some great games...