Region 1A: Thoughts?

Dawgfan88

I seen Hampton at state last year and I mentioned that about a week ago and was really impressed but looking at thier schedule this year I dont see any wins against really good teams. I think we are all ready for this big game. Its going to be exciting. I just might be crazy but I watched N and S Green four times in the Christmas tournament and just really did not see anything out of either one of those teams. It just seems strange they gave you all a hard time. I look at the game tomorrow night as a very close matchup and with that home court advantage I would give the edge to Hampton. I would also take your coaching over ours but I believe we got the edge in talent. Its going to be a good one.

Edited by Tiger2

SG may lose gas after the game tonight. But if they play 4 qtrs like tonight, they'll fight to keep it interesting. 9 3's on the night and they are playing much better than just a month ago...But GCA has the advantages.

We are our own worst enemies at times. Meigs looks good on film and I knew they were talented based on seeing them at the boro (pre Mitchell) last season...it appears last year's players have also shot up a few inches!

"Should" be a ballgame

Edited by uknoit2

I seen Hampton at state last year and I mentioned that about a week ago and was really impressed but looking at thier schedule this year I dont see any wins against really good teams. I think we are all ready for this big game. Its going to be exciting. I just might be crazy but I watched N and S Green four times in the Christmas tournament and just really did not see anything out of either one of those teams. It just seems strange they gave you all a hard time. I look at the game tomorrow night as a very close matchup and with that home court advantage I would give the edge to Hampton. I would also take your coaching over ours but I believe we got the edge in talent. Its going to be a good one.

Tiger, I expect a good game too...our schedule NEVER looks strong...it the nature of the beast since other local teams are not as strong as years past.

I can't give you a good reason why SG has owned us this season...they beat us first two games by a total of less than 15 (mainly foul shots at end), then we beat them 30+ in district....As for NG, we beat them 3 times by a total of probably 100+.

We're like Meigs and other schools where the athletes play basketball, football, and baseball. We're up and down cause we don't spend spring and summer in AAU

To be pefectly honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hampton get beat. Lots of good individile pieces, but just don't fit together perfectly all the time.

No, the team to watch out for will be the '16-'17 team. Their sophmore class this year (Sr. Class '17) is crazy good, and the freshman team they had this year was arguably the best in NE TN. Regardless of classifacation. Beat SH, DB, Tennessee High, ect. And they play tremendously good team ball. Cyrus (is that his name?) will be Mr. Basketball material if he keeps his head on straight and continues to improve at his current rate.

To be pefectly honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hampton get beat. Lots of good individile pieces, but just don't fit together perfectly all the time.

No, the team to watch out for will be the '16-'17 team. Their sophmore class this year (Sr. Class '17) is crazy good, and the freshman team they had this year was arguably the best in NE TN. Regardless of classifacation. Beat SH, DB, Tennessee High, ect. And they play tremendously good team ball. Cyrus (is that his name?) will be Mr. Basketball material if he keeps his head on straight and continues to improve at his current rate.

Speaking of sophmores, Meigs is thick in that class as well! 8 of 11 varsity players are sophmores! As freshman last season they ran a freshman team and played with all the AAA & AA schools only losing one game by a basket to Cleveland at thier place but beat them at home. Beat a lot of good teams including Bradley Central, Cleveland, Walker Valley, McMinn, Mcminn Central and others! Was nice watching the small school boys whip up on all the "big" boys all year!! Future is bright!

And they don't! That's when we struggle. For some time they have been playing as a unit though. Last night, two scored 43 of the 48 points. That's the rest of the team scoring FIVE! Shots were not falling and some just backed out of trying to score. Some were in quick foul trouble. And give it to SG, they didn't allow a lot of open looks! Tonight is a night that Norris & Stone (Stone actually may have won us the game with that steal late in the game) have to be  factors and McClain when he's in IMO. We MUST play under contrlo!!!

I also expect Wiltshire and Lyons to be impact players tonight.

The 16-17 team will be tough, but next year will be a team to watch. Yes, we lose Valentine, Stone and Camillo. And that's BIG. But we'll still have Norris, Jones, McClain, and I think out post presence will be massive as Lyons & Wiltshire mature over the summer. 

Then there is Lunsford that can play and some of those that are sophomores & freshmen this year will be ready next season. I'd say HHS keeps bringing it for some time.

It's wonderful (to me at least) to see the talent flowing into Hampton the past several years now. The talent pool hit a dry spell for a bit several years back, and to see it now is amazing. Players like Valentine, Camillo, and Stone are hard to replace, but there is a LOT of young talent coming up, so hopefully we'll be on here talking up HHS's chances at a state run for quite a while!

You just lost all credibility with your statement about Hampton players. Proves my point that we showed very little. We don't have a player to guard Zy, but of crse you all do, right? Short memory indeed.

As for coaching, we stack up well. Proved that in tournament last season....more than once.

Mark it down? PffffffffT

See my plan worked. I got everyone in Hampton all fired up and they beat Meigs. Genius

PS Rams win 70-45. I like those South Greene boys though. They played hard but it was clear they left alot in the gym vs Hampton. GCA went on some kind of run man. Whew!

See my plan worked. I got everyone in Hampton all fired up and they beat Meigs. Genius

PS Rams win 70-45. I like those South Greene boys though. They played hard but it was clear they left alot in the gym vs Hampton. GCA went on some kind of run man. Whew!

LOL! Had me fired up with that Zy comment :D

I knew SG would try hard, but playing as hard as they did 24 hours ago, I was afraid they might tire.