Region 2A

bluedevil6913

Meigs played well tonight, still not shooting the 3 ball like they are capable of though!

Meigs played well enough last night to beat Jellico comfortably on their home floor. They came out early and took the fight to Jellico winning the boards and loose ball situations to get out of the gate quickly and Jellico could never recover. Bowlin for Jellico helped keep the game somewhat respectable. The defender for Meigs that guarded Bowlin did a good job at contesting his 3 point jump shots (I think he only hit 1 the whole night) Meigs will be a tough out in the region especially if they are hitting the 3 ball. They are hard to guard in man because it is very difficult to keep them in front of you and they can finish or kick out to the open 3 area. They had good ball movement last night against Jellico's 1-3-1 zone with good skip passes across the zone to create open looks or drive opportunities. I really don't see Oakdale or Harriman taking them out in the semis unless they shoot lights out from the outside. I think it will take 8 or more 3's made to have a chance. But, this is high school basketball so you never know and that's why they play the games.  Good luck to Meigs in the remainder of the region tournament. 

These decisions are typically made by school administrators, i.e., principals or higher level school system administrators; ask them, but I suspect child safety and potential liability concerns if an accident occurred due to bad weather had some impact.

There is still plenty of time for the boy's to get the region and sub-state games in. The weather looks to improve beginning tomorrow afternoon so show a little patience and I expect all will be fine in the end.

Edited by CrazyEd

Anyone hear any reschedule information on Harriman v. Oakdale, Grace v. OS and Tellico v. Coalfield?

No official word yet. But, I would say Quarter-finals will be played on Friday- Semi-Finals on Saturday and Finals on Monday as Sectionals are scheduled on Tuesday. I really see no other schedule unless the TSSAA steps in and moves boys sectional date. Gonna be interesting to see the level of play from the long lay off. Most teams have not played in 2 weeks. Oakdale has only played 1 game in the past three weeks. We shall see. It should be interesting to say the least. I think most teams missed the boat by not playing on Tuesday. 

Edited by ZOA9